Life Draw V proc

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by roth, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It’s really not that much of a stretch with spell damage, boon of the seeress, and the crazy multiplication that happens when both the nuke *and* the heal crits.

My favorite was the Soul of the Grandmaster aug in a shield with a heal proc. Bashes were generating like 25-30k heals on critical, was pretty silly.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=151920 All/All
  3. roth Augur

Not what I asked.

I’ll repeat what I’ve already said. For the third time, I understand the decoupling of the nuke and the heal in taps. Because yes, you take the what, 306 damage, crit it out and add 500 from Boon of the Seeress and whatever from Spell Dmg, and then use the resulting figure as the base for the heal, you do get some pretty big crit heals.

HOWEVER - if the base heal is only 1800, how do you get to 50k crit heals from it? THAT’S what I’m not getting. And that’s why I’m asking Ngreth why the total heal, and not the base heal, is capped at 1800 on this particular tap. You don’t even get Heal Amt added on to it, much less any benefit from AA’s that you’ve spent time earning.

Total heal = Base Heal * (1+Healing Adept modifier) * Healing Gift multiplier + Heal Amt bonus. Healing focus does not apply to these unless the character can cast the spell from a spell gem, so does not apply here.

Using in-game values for the Healing Adept and Healing Gift modifiers, and assuming the usual 0.25 per point of Heal Amt, explain how you go from a 1800 point BASE heal to a 50k crit.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Pretty sure the “50k proc heal” comment was related to *if* they let the taps behave like before, *not* the new lifedraw junk. I think that’s where you’re getting turned around chief.
    mmats likes this.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

This is why I had thought I remembered the reason for the decoupling was to lower the heal amount so it could still be focused etc without getting the big numbers that were happening prior to the decoupling.
  6. roth Augur

I”m not the one getting turned around here - I’m staying pretty fixated on the issue I have with these taps, in that you cannot enhance the heal at all.

Put another way - why cap the total heal and not the base heal at the 1800. Capping the base would still allow for it to be enhanced, and it would not go to the realm of the ridiculous unless all other heals are already there anyway.
    svann likes this.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

I agree. After the last patch where it included QOL improvements around lag, things got substantially worse on raids. I never had issues really before the last patch, but afterwards, my god T2 RoS is like stabbing yourself with a pen in the eye sometimes.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Thee single most under rated statement I've ever seen in the entire Everquest boards history.. (by a dev)
  9. fransisco Augur

They would happen if there wasn't a cap on the heal amount of 1800 points. If AA, focus, heal amount, crits, increased damage from the nuke portion all worked into the equation, 50k crits would happen.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

Aye, which is what Roth is saying. With it now being only 1800 (instead of the whole proc amount), one would think that it would be focusable etc.