Fell Foliage.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pistols4Pandas, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Mage 3-Box.

I hoped this might help some people with the encounter. At least for Ranged groups.

Note: Where I plant scion.

Note: One of my Healers was too close and started getting Dotted. Don't be that close or you're in for a gnarly DoT. Note the Tree I stand behind as a distance reference.

Typically the adds auto-aggro my pets when im at proper distance, this was a sloppy run, I toe-the-line on standing as close as possible so i'm not out of range to activate Virulent Talon.

3 Mages Full OfMany Burn w/ 6 Alliance discharges, Approx 1 Million DPS. The encounter can be done w/ 750k'ish DPS in 120 seconds before he Goes Invulnerable. My average time is down to about 90 seconds, this video is 100 seconds, Recording makes my EQ instances slow & caterpillar :/
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

So, who's got the strategy for low dps groups? :)
  3. svann Augur

wtf is up with your ui?
    Daedly likes this.
  4. Horyuken Augur

This guy isn't fire resistant like the other 90% of the expansion?

Almost as effective is 3 beastlords triggering their own alliances, good run sir.
  5. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Function > Style. I use all of my buttons and I like being able to read them. They're color-coded for quick visual reference.
  6. Horyuken Augur

It's weird you don't have to alt tab between screens.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Or is it? :)
  8. Laronk Augur

I think he's just using the I don't know why its redacted program that has an I and S and box in the name maybe ending with an er with broadcasting.
  9. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Straight key broadcasts and simple key remaps.

Here I'm pushing keys E, 1, 2, and 3.

Where E tells all 3 mages to pet attack, Qswarm, launch servant, and click Orb

1 Tells Mage 1 to cast an Alliance social while mages 2 & 3 begin a nuke sequence from a social.

2 does the same thing, but mages 1 & 3 are nuking while Mage 2 does an alliance social.

3 does the same thing, with Mage 3 using the alliance social.

This is a custom burn social I created for this encounter, but I use it on all Named now.

F2 hits Forsecful rejuvenate on all 3 mages so I can repeat again from Mage 1.

F5 launches Servent of Ro + Host of the elements at current target.

8 is a straight key broadcast to activate Virulent Talon across all 3 mages.

7 Hits a social which activates all AA burns.

E puts all mages on the first mages target, Xtar 1, all 3 mages have Xtar 1 as top slot to main assist, while Mage 1 is main assist. E clicks nuke orb, pet attack, & Qswarm.

E
    F2
    - for Spell twincast ( not shown in video )
    ~ ( nuke social )

I just switch out 2 social buttons from my normal group-grind ones, no no unique key strikes are required.

My normal grind order is E, 1-3, ~ to finish.

I have a unique Burn key social which is NUMPAD 1, 2, or 3 as the mob approaches ( puts alliance on ), followed by E ( brings all pets to bare on mob, nuke clicky, and casts Servent, proccing Synergy Buff, and TAB ( unique social which casts Of Many buffed by Synergy ) which enables me to kill most RoS mobs "instantly" TM ( 9. Million damage in roughly 3 seconds, but 7-8 million all hits within 1.5 seconds ) while my burns are running, for 4-5 mobs or 90 seconds. If you'd like to see that I can make a video, it is pretty entertaining.

All 3 mages use an identical UI copied from the First Mage, which makes everything simpler. Almost everything I do is Straight-key rebroadcasting, with the exception of the Alliance social, which remaps 1 key to 2 mages, and another to the Alliance caster, by hitting 1 key ( 1, 2, or 3, depending which Mage has alliance refreshed or mana available )

People say a boxed char does reduced dmg compared to a player char, this is true, but not in my 3box, mine perform before than a player played character due to carefully thought-out coordination of HoE, Synergy, and Alliance. My 3 box does 500kdps for 30 minutes & 1 million DPS for 90-120 seconds, which would be hard to match with 3 players, because they simply aren't of one mind or can't coordinate quickly/reactively.
  10. Daedly Augur

Nice video. I like all the yellow snowballs flying at the mob, must remember not to eat the yellow snow you are making them from. Man I need to learn how to box better.... I am only hitting like 130k DPS with my current setup when not rotating damage discs /sadpandaface
  11. Thraine Augur

the matrix called, they want their music back
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Doable no problem with 2x melee DPS too for those that claim it's completely impossible to do with pure melee. No DPS casters whatsoever.

Pistols4Pandas likes this.
  13. Shredd Augur

Smoke your are thirsty and hungry. . need me to make you some food and drink?
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Do you mean to tell me a 6-boxer in a top-5 raid guild can defeat the first group mission in an expansion???
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The point is, it can be done with melee DPS which people have claimed isn't possible multiple times.
  16. fransisco Augur

The fact they are in raid gear basically invalidates their claim. Being able to accomplish ANY group task in raid gear is not significant. They outgear the content so strongly they should be embarrassed to lose.

It would actually be significant if the melee dps had no raid gear on.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yawn. You greatly over estimate the value of raid gear. It's all about the player and their ability to push the appropriate buttons at the appropriate time. If I had access a group Zerker, Rogue and Warrior... I'd do the same damn thing.
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Cicelee Augur

My raid gear helps me defeat Cactus mission. The extra 30k mana on my gear allows me to finish at 85% mana for the event. If I was in group gear I would finish at 75% mana.

My raid gear so OP...
    Sancus and DruidCT like this.
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Surely. Just not as quickly, which may mean you cannot burn through and avoid certain mechanics that high DPS allows one to skip over.
  20. Horyuken Augur

The biggest advantage he has is the 3rd party software allowing simultaneous control, someone with the same toons planning w/o the software would be no where near as efficient. I bet if he wanted to he could figure out a way to make dinner while he kills that mob.