Life Draw V proc

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by roth, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes. Missremembered is fine.
    Folks remember this when I forget! (Which I do!)
    Sindaiann, Rolaque, Jhenna_BB and 3 others like this.
  2. Tamaden Elder

Sheex, comments like that are what cause the nerfs. Please think before postings any such none productive, totally out of your head imaginary tall tails on who to blame and what class got what in negative form.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

([IMG])
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. menown Augur

Is it possible that the "force proc discs" are the cause of raid lag? I swear, something is causing lag in raids (more than usual) and it is timed conveniently around when those discs are used.

I'm trying to get more data around this still.
    Sindaiann and Sancus like this.
  5. Thraine Augur

lol nerf us again /shrug since we are more of a adps class now we prolly shouldn't be doing all those procs anways :)

nerf shaman again while your at it, i saw a shaman still twitching after their last nerf, might as well finish them off heheh
    fransisco likes this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I always liked the “bandolier in that sword with the group heal proc” right before hitting the proc disc thing for some mediocre group healin’. #RaidUtility!

But if proc discs were a main reason why they wouldn’t let lifetap proc heals do what they’ve always done, could at least leave the knight only weapons alone, as we don’t get anything like that!
  7. fransisco Augur

They probably also don't want SKs getting crit lifetap proc heals for 50k.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

For the record, force procs are checked once every melee round, not per swing. There's a HUGE difference.

I really don't care if Rangers are to be the lightning rod for this design, however: the only Raid so far I ever melee in is End of Empire during the waves of Sarnak adds and that's really a personal comfort zone thing. When I see an opening to use Empowered Blades to help more a raid along I'll use when the bow disc is down. The only raids I'm not consistently in the top 10 are End of Empire (because I admit to sucking wind at positioning correctly to avoid comets) and Cacktikki. Cackt is most definitely due to damage happening all over the place and not being captured and I can live with that. My point is, if normal lifetaps were still on weapons, I'd still be using my bow pretty much exclusively. That is as far as I will go to "protesting" the need to revert this design. It's really not worth any effort past that. It's just utility and Rangers still possess plenty of fun, helpful tricks.

The itemization in RoS was absolutely stellar. That also has me being meh at the thought of arguing for normal lifetaps or the heals from lifedraws able to be augmented by AA's. BP clicks are all amazingly upgraded and useful by and large. I'm in the I love how close Heroics are in number camp - maybe make less templates so we can split fewer hairs next expansion. The VP items are all hella fun and not terribly annoying or out of reach to acquire (Gratz healers receiving a truly useful, all purpose item this year!). The tradeskilled raid equipment was a really cool idea and I hope that can continue (at least on level up expansions).

Not everyone thinks the Devs are doing a poor job on EQ, I certainly don't. :)
  9. roth Augur

As I said in a previous post, I can see the need to decouple the damage from the healing. A tap that crits for 12k should not lead to a heal that uses that same 12k as its base.

But would not restricting the base heal to the 1800, and allow enhancements from there, not restrict the healing enough? As it is, with these taps, theres no benefit at all to Heal Amt on any pure melee’s gear. Not that they get a lot anyway, but what they do get should do *something*.
    Koryu and svann like this.
  10. fransisco Augur

There is also no purpose to hchr on anyones gear, hwis on non-priest gear, hint on noncaster/sk gear, hdex/hstr on caster gear, ect.

Melee get more milage out of stats than non-melee do. Be happy.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

I was grateful for the heroic charisma when doing Plane of War factioning.

I wish there was more heroic wisdom on non-priest gear (as a paladin); in addition to the other wisdom-using hybrid classes (and sk/bard for heroic intelligence) I'm sure we'd all like a bit more of the "mod2" benefits of the heroic statistics that we do not get in abundance due to our class.
  12. fransisco Augur

hchr doesn't increase your faction gain. The devs have stated it literally does nothing.
  13. Lianeb Augur

You should probably look at what stat is used in Mod2s before making statements like that. I personally would like more HWis on more warrior gear for spell and dot shielding
    Sindaiann likes this.
  14. Qbert Gallifreyan

You might want to try PoWar faction with and without heroic charisma.
    Bigstomp and EnchFWO like this.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Bing! (Sound effect, not search engine)
    Sindaiann and EnchFWO like this.
  16. segap Augur

Just as with the Ancient items in EoK, some classes were left completely out of that fun with the VP items. Oddly enough, mostly the same classes. It's a fun concept, but they really need to make sure there's something for everyone. Or at least alternate from expansion to expansion which classes get something desirable.
  17. Gana Augur

Ned Ryerson?
  18. Ghubuk Augur

But is a 2k heal really what you were looking for as well? That does seem kinda low to be useful if it cannot be focused.
  19. roth Augur

You’ll have to walk me through how a 1800 point heal gets multiplied out to being a 50k crit heal - using actual in-game values, for anyone.
  20. fransisco Augur

If they didn't have a cap on the heal amount, then you would be getting 50k heal crits.
    However, since they limit everything on the heal side, the huge crits won't happen.