Patch tomorrow?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we get the time of the patch tomorrow please.?

Need to plan the day ahead.
  2. Fohpo Augur

Is patch tomorrow and switch flipped on Friday for anniversary events, or are they just patching Friday?
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Seems highly unlikely they'd plan a patch for Friday while Coirnav is launching.
    Fohpo likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Usually patch normal time with the events timed to start on 16th March, though the PoWar mission usually starts early, dont think it has this year.
  5. Roxxlyy Augur

Patching tomorrow at 6:30 am PT, approximately 5 hour downtime. Official announcement will go out soon.
  6. Fohpo Augur

Thank you!
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That doesn't work for me. Could you go back and patch this morning at 6:30am PT? That's less than 12 hours of time travel, in the easy direction, so don't tell me it's not an option. The customer is always right!
    Quatr, Nennius, Brohg and 2 others like this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

While we're traveling in time; Can I go back to 1982? Please.
    Ladene likes this.
  9. Sagarmatha Augur

1982?

Are you a Rick Springfield fan or something?
  10. Treeluvr Journeyman

Oh no. Please tell me that Rick Springfield is NOT the defining person of 1982!
    Ladene likes this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

All of the Anniversary events are fully scripted and automatically start and end themselves. The only thing this patch might be adding would be stuff for this year.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

hehe nope. It was just a very good year for me. Well, at least most of it. Being reminded of Rick Springfield music does put something of a damper on the memory though.
  13. Morbid Journeyman

In 1982, The Thing was released, and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons was in its prime. Those are the only reasons we need.
  14. Maraithi New Member

If the estimated time is 5 hours, smart money says this will be about an 11-12 hour downtime.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

I would take that bet. There do not seem to be any system type changes that could delay the work, so it’s a good bet it will finish on time, if not early.
    svann likes this.
  16. Sindaiann Augur

LOL almost spit my coffee out
  17. Maraithi New Member

Optimism? In a thread about a patch? Heresy!!!! :D
  18. Thraine Augur

Early?!? .. you should be careful when you make jokes on a scale such as this
    Whulfgar likes this.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

What if I told you that we could be spared this fresh hell, these hours of patch time? You see, it's a DBG conspiracy to waste our time. Many people don't know this, but what I'm about to tell you is 100% true.

In 2007 the Asgard gave the U.S. Military all of their technology, as their race was about to end, and we were the last hope of the galaxy. Hah, yeah I know, the joke's on them right. But anyway... No, not the Marvel comic Asgardians, that's all made up. I mean the real Asgard of viking lore who made contact with our military on the documentary series Stargate SG-1. This is all public information, crack a book people.

Anyway, among that technology is the ability to do time dilation. That is slowing down the time outside of a bubble so those inside can operate at normal speed but appear to be going much faster to those outside. You might think, but if the military has this, how is DBG going to get it? Well you may know that CCP Games implemented time dilation on their MMO game, Eve Online in 2011. Some would say, "oh they just coded that concept into the game," but I have it on good authority that they actually just use time dilation devices on the servers as it saves on hours of coding. Plus no QA needed, it's point and click.

So DBG could have been using this technology for years. By the time we finished reading the patch announcement, the patch could be long over and the dev's sufficiently drunk in celebration. But no, we can't even have 2007 technology, we have to experience bug fixes in real time. And that just leads to people making terribly senseless posts on the forums. Like this one you are reading right now. Happy Patch Day!
    IblisTheMage, Sancus and Treeluvr like this.
  20. Nolrog Augur

I didn’t say that there wouldn’t be an emergency patch tomorrow......