Test Update 03/06/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Nekk Augur

Where do you get the Lost Wayfarer's Tent?
  2. Lily Augur

You are correct.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I cannot duplicate this. Every time all 4 drops are there and the food is where it should be.
    It is possible to get the aug, which is in the Dreadspire dinner party mission, every time. It's the TENT, a different mission in LDoN, that people may not be able to get every time.

Getting the Aug, which is in the Dreadspire dinner party mission, every time will require attention to detail, but it is possible every time. I have not been able to duplicate clues not dropping in any way. 100% of the time they drop and are where they should be.
    Note Melin will not give you berry paste if you already have it. (He doesn't check for the aug... not that you can have 2 augs)

In the LDoN mission, it *is* possible for the tent components to not drop every time.
    Hrm. An oversight, but it's not going to be fixed in time :(
    Despite allowing it to be done solo, it is intended for a group.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I can make the fishing poll No-Drop (won't make the patch) Unfortunately we have no way to prevent breakage.
    As for the container... No. You have to live with your OCD :)
  5. smash Augur

So will the Dreadspire be extended when it go live, so we can have the full time for it?
    And can the fishing rod, be make to a click, so you summon a fishing pole with the stats ? like Fisherman's Companion
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It's not up to me, but I would personally say no to extending Dreadspire. Be social and get a group. It's intended as a group task not a solo task. I do understand that some players prefer to solo, but the fact that mercenaries are not allowed does not make it impossible to complete.
    As for the rod. That's a possibility for the future. For now... use the rod when tradeskilling, and something else for actual fishing.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is there a way to re get the fishing pole if it breaks? Or are we going to have to wait until next anniversary event to get another one if it breaks once the mission has gone? Any chance of changing it to a summoned item so it doesn't matter if it breaks similar to the fishing companion? Do they stack so we can farm these for after the event has finished? Or can we keep the event perminanty just so we have the fishing pole available all year round. I can almost guarentee mine will break as soon as the event goes away!

I'm with Orbital101 box really needs to be 40 or 48.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Is there a way to re get the fishing pole if it breaks? Or are we going to have to wait until next anniversary event to get another one if it breaks once the mission has gone? Any chance of changing it to a summoned item so it doesn't matter if it breaks similar to the fishing companion? Do they stack so we can farm these for after the event has finished? Or can we keep the event perminanty just so we have the fishing pole available all year round. I can almost guarentee mine will break as soon as the event goes away!

I'm with Orbital101 box really needs to be 40 or 48.[/quote]

Think his answer was don't use if to actually fish but for the skill mod when doing fishing combines.
    adetia likes this.
  9. DruidCT Augur

Its not really about wanting to do it solo but wanting to do it with a merc cleric because everyone hates healing :p
  10. kizant Augur

Instead of extending Dreadspire just postpone it until it's fixed. We're not in any rush.
    Daedly, Xeladom and fortuneteller like this.
  11. wherehouse Lorekeeper

12. Prathun Developer

13. wherehouse Lorekeeper

Thanks, it would be really unfortunate if this goes live in this state, as it would severity hinder multiple guilds' abilities to do VT
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

to quote myself...
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats cheating you posted while I was typing, knew I hadn't read it before!
  16. Natal Augur

Curious, what is the reason for mercs not being allowed?
  17. Lianeb Augur

I am going to go with the previous answer
    Kaylord101 likes this.
  18. Randragon Augur

Dear Mr. Ngreth;

A good number of the EQ Ranger Community has been wondering why the AA Headshot is not doing the damage it's supposed to do with the increased AA Levels. It's base damage is still doing the same pre-RoS. Besides myself. I know of others who have asked on many different platforms as to why this is happening. It has been petitioned, bug-reported and Dashboarded without nary a word from EQ Devs.

I was recently on Test since its last patch and it's still doing the same Base Damage as previously stated. Can you tell me what's going on with this and why it hasn't been addressed. Were the AA points spent in vain?

Please respond if you can good sir. The Ranger Community is interested in this situation.
    Fadenye and Daedly like this.
  19. High Voltage Augur

Wonder nobody cares about your punt being broken anymore, same as for enc. Think that happened in the patch April 2017. Looking back at this, you can imagine the timeline for a fix to headshot. And iirc Ngreth isn't exactly a fanboy of headshot anyway, so ...
  20. Randragon Augur

Yes, I understand that punt is broken as well as other things broken for other classes. I was just wondering how come this isn't an easy fix. And if they didn't want to give us anymore dmg on headshot, then why the new AA's.If it was, then refund me my aa's and I will move on to the next broken thing.
    Also, I did a search and I couldn't find it where Ngreth said he was against headshot. I could be wrong but I just couldn't find it.
    Fadenye and Yinla like this.