rogues rejoice !

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Mar 6, 2018.

1. taliefer Augur

- Some doors in Unrest will be locked on servers that have not yet unlocked Ruins of Kunark. You may need to find the key, or bring a rogue proficient with lock picks.

seems like an odd change to make after all this time
  2. Mad_Mikey Elder

- Many original EverQuest zones have had their experience modifier adjusted for balance reasons and/or to encourage variety in leveling.

Seems to me this was the real news for Coirnav.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

That will be interesting to note... if Lguk is hurt, that's one thing, but if other zones are also boosted, things can potentially change quite a bit.

Same with Unrest... but it's going to take a LOT to get people to head to Blackburrow, Paw... not some trivial 10-20% sway.
  4. taliefer Augur

its going to need to be drastically different exp to get people to go to some of the places that arent used much. the reason people dont go places often has to do with really bad and buggy pathing and poor mob density more than exp rates per kill
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

True. I really do not think new tlps will leave lguk because of the loot. And after that is the hole... i dont even remember if there are options for high 40s. So seems unlikely to me that lguk to the hole will not utterly dominate once again.

It would be nice to see solb (kobolds... stay the hell out of efreeti) get a good boost cause it was great back in the day.
    TeeEHLpee likes this.
  6. TeeEHLpee Augur

Solb would be nice with an exp mod but still pretty limited mobs, only really hold a few groups. With the fast collapsing of instances, how many ppl will be required to hold one open?
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

It would be a requirement to have a low threshold. Really, Lguk undead only has 4 spots... BR/; Exe, Cav, Sage; Frenzy; Hamlord. They're all solid spots. But Solb has some areas too: Entrance, that side Kobold area that zones to Sola, then Royals, Bugs, And arguably the Bugs/bats/imps outside of Efreeti presuming the people there are going to focus on JUST the Efreeti cause it's a hodgepodge garbage can trailer trash during classic.

The big problem with that zone on Agnarr was that the exp just wasn't that great and let's face it, killing undead mobs with very low hp is an amazing benefit to exp'ing. You're just pretty much always better off fighting undead vs random mobs since a few classes just blow up in power.
  8. snailish Augur

decrease the spawn timer of respawns in zones = smaller (as in more compact) camps or less-dense areas become more viable as a camp.

Once upon a time a group was lucky to hold one "camp" in lguk, average groups on progression are holding down entire sections that would have been 3-5 camps back in the day.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

I remember "Royals" back in 2000 consisted of Priest, King, and whatever the other room was called... looking back it blows my mind that 3 full groups would be exp'ing so close! But that was totally normal on SolB in its heyday.
    snailish likes this.
  10. Trizek Augur

in other words

Get out of Unrest
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

The bats and bugs are a colossal pain in the , though. The bats stun, one spider stuns for an insanely long amount of time, and the other spiders have that monster DoT.
  12. superman Augur

Elite goblins gonna be a contested camp now?
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well, it wasn't bad exp. Being up to the challenge is part of playing the game. There's no loot there but if the exp was better than guk people will definitely go.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Being up to the challenge is one thing. Being stupid is another. Why fight bats and bugs for poor exp when there are much better options? YMMV, I'm just saying that's the conclusion my friends and I came to.
  15. vylo Augur

Like Lguk. It already had a horrible modifier, but the mobs hit like wet noodles, are dense as a brick, and don't run. You can pull half the zone as one camp and rake in exp. And then there is FBSS and SMR dropping.....

If they nerfed the hole exp, I can't see anyone going there, and I honestly don't know how much it would be worth it to level past 46-47 before kunark comes out with seb.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't know why they would because it wasn't that good to begin with. That's not to say they didn't, but if they were just looking at ZEMs, I'm not sure The Hole would stand out.
  17. tuttles Augur

this change was clearly made so rogues wouldnt harass the residents of paineel by putting a clicker on their elevator button, and all the erudite sk's and necro's rejoiced
    potatoface likes this.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

bats and bugs is definitely worse than lguk for exp... but there is some loot in that area like cos which is great.
  19. Hirbow Augur

You need to rename this thread '' Rogues & Bards Rejoice'' they can pick lock just as rogues on tlp's lol
    potatoface likes this.
  20. Ltldogg Augur

I wish they would have more locked doors in dungeons, houses, etc for rogue utilities! This is a great change. Couple that with some other recent changes and I'm loving the direction DBG is going!!!
    potatoface likes this.