Kronos

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vertegow, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Brand new to the game? And how many of those types do you there is around?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

40 slot bags also drop in open zones in EoK.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I see people asking and offering kronos for things all the time on Xegony. And lots being offered to sell. Do you play during unusual hours?

As to whether they are good or bad hard to say.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

RMT would be happening on TLP servers whether or not there were kronos. They would just be selling plat or items directly. And I always felt that kronos were introduced to help reduce plat and item sales and to let Daybreak make the money instead of third party sites.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

You underestimate the creativity that is created out of greed. For those that want krono's on their own server but would like to farm them on the TLP they would still farm like mad on the TLP for krono's, sell them online for real money and then repurchase them from DBG with the money they made while on the TLP's. Sure this might cut down on the overall number of krono's being able to move from server to server but it wont stop people from exploiting the market. No matter how many ideas you can think of to detour this behavior these people will find a way to profit off of others. Also this does nothing in terms of dealing with those who don't even care about the game and only treat it as a little extra jingle in their pockets. The real RMT peeps are not moving them from server to server they are moving them from player to player for real money.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No you can't. The biggest bag you can buy in the marketplace is the Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack. It's a 32slot bag. 40 slot bags drop off named in group zones in EoK/RoS. 36 slot bags drop in TBM. 32 slot bags drop in lots of older expansions. (Unless you're counting the tradeskill bag? Which hardly counts at all)
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This doesn't disprove your point but occasionally they do sell 36 slot bags in the markerplace... well. they havent for a long time but they did sometimes wayfarers pocketed rucksacks:). But your point is still valid.
  8. eqgamer Augur

9. fransisco Augur

because bags in the game? lol
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

11. svann Augur

I think they should implement bazaar trading using kronos as an option instead of plat.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think this would cause price inflation and exacerbate the problems some people feel krono introduce. I feel the current situation where krono transactions need to be manual helps keep a lid on overall price on the game by being somewhat inconvenient. I look at it as being a compromise. Of course if Daybreak ever feels that it will let them sell many more krono and if they feel it will be good for the game or a fair trade off on however it affects the game they will do what they think they should do.
  13. Xero New Member

Ok you clearly haven't given this any real effort.... Let me show you how to pay to win everquest. Buy a heroic, then buy X krono to get PL to max lvl and max aa, then buy X more krono to get full raid gear and augs. There ya have it, max lvl, max aa, max gear all obtained via in game methods all converting real life cash (kronos) into whatever it is you are trying to obtain.
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

How many kronos do people sell Artisan's Prize, Shawl augment, and RoS raid flagging/tier 3 loot drops for on your server?
  15. Aurastrider Augur

This is only realistic on FV and brekt (fv rules?) and even then I imagine the number of people doing this there only makes up a small percentage of the population. Even if you were able to buy things like the artisans prize you still have hundreds of hours of crafting and farming (its doubtful you are going to buy every item you need) for it to reach its max potential. Add to that all of the power gains from achievements and this logic starts to become even less reasonable. Now what is realistic is someone Power leveling a toon up, running them through progression and gearing them and then just selling the account with said toon for strait up cash which use to be done on a regular basis. This would probably be a cheaper route than paying people in krono's for a toon they already have and trying to max their gear out.
  16. Fohpo Augur

Which still isn't required, takes enormous amounts of time, and doesn't make the game pay to win - just means you could pay thousands to be done with an expansion? For what reason?
  17. Tornicade_IV Augur

EQ has does a spectacular job of including cool things that doesn't impact game balance.

primarily because it is still a subscription based game that allows f2p and essentially amenities for that subscription base.

in fact most of the buff type items in the store were at one time available through a little add n game that offered prizes.
    Levels, gear and skill abilities are all in game.

You don't win in everquest

if you spent 200 dollars to get pled and decked out in raid gear on a special ruleset server.

more power to you. you missed out on all the fun parts of the game.
  18. Fohpo Augur

Significantly more than $200 if you start with a heroic, get leveled and AAs, and even just TBM raid gear. 5 krono alone is like $70 right? If you wanted EoK raid gear, it would easily reach $1000 if you bought the krono. (On FV at least)
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This logic of "you could just pay someone else to play the entire game for you" is fine I guess, but that would apply to every single game everywhere. By that definition you'd have to call every game in existence "pay to win." Pay someone enough money, they'll do everything in any game for you. The topic at hand is things being sold to you directly by the producers of the game directly for real cash.
  20. Tornicade_IV Augur

yep eq itself use to have people level up a toon max it out then sell the account way before the store was added.

this way EQ makes some money off the transactions.

playerbase isn't gonna get riled up about the station store unless something is done that they feel crosses the line. no need to try to manufacture drama.