all of the sudden extremely low frame rate...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ltldogg, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Ltldogg Augur

Hi All,

Has anyone else experienced this and know why:

Last night playing and my average FPS are in the 150's in revamped Misty Thicket. Then all of the sudden today, FPS are in the 20-30's for same zone and is horrible when I turn. I can crank the framerate up by turning Actor Clip plane way down, but never needed to do this before. I renamed eqclient.ini and the new file works fine again and I have actor clip plane all the way to max . I already have the CPUaffinity setting set to -1 for all cores. I'm going to do a diff tonight and compare the 2 eqclient.ini files.

HW:
    Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core
    8GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
    32 GB DDR4 RAM
    SSD
    CPU, GPU and Memory are not being taxed at all.

Any insight is appreciated.

Cheers!
  2. Caell Augur

I would be interested in any differences you find between the two files.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Try re-running EQDisplay.exe to re-affirm display device?
  4. Ltldogg Augur

What is EQDisplay.exe?
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Sorry, was going off memory.

It's OptionsEditor.exe.
  6. Ltldogg Augur

Sorry I didn't post an update soon, but I didn't find the answer by doing a diff of the two files because there was so many differences. Instead, I refined my searches on the internet and found this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/fps-drop-when-viewing-characters.241594/

Basically, it was these 2 settings:

Allow hw Vertex Shaders
    Allow 2.0 Pixel Shaders

Both can be found under Alt+O > Display (tab) > Advanced. The key thing is, you have to logout and back in to the game for the change to take affect on your FPS. It would be nice if the game told you as such.