Is there anywhere good for a chanter to charm solo in RoS?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Akariel, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Akariel New Member

Any ideas?
  2. Tyreel Augur

I have not seen anywhere that would be good for charm soloing in RoS. Pretty much stuck in EoK the upside is with new charm spells a lot more charm options open up in EoK now even if they are not Ideal.
  3. fransisco Augur

Charm is broken for me.
    In OT, I tried charming some cats. They would attack once, get on the extended target window, and then stop attacking. It didnt matter how many times, if i recharmed. This is with the 107 charm.
    Anyone else have that problem?
  4. Tucoh Augur

Working as intended

[IMG]
  5. Lily Augur

It happened to me with Dire Charm.
  6. Havanap Elder

Same. The best thing I found for 107 charming in OT is sea turtles, with auto-memblur chokidai coming second.
  7. kizant Augur

I wasn't sure if I should post this since some people might call it an exploit!!! But you can charm the guards in town. I use them in OT and Skyfire. Some of them in OT are even low even to be charmed at 105. They're pretty reliable too.
    Divinejustice, Drogba and fransisco like this.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

These are indeed the cockatrice that you are looking for.
    fransisco likes this.
  9. RPoo Augur

Sounds like the charm bug from that zone a couple expansions ago made it to an entire expansion?
    Critts likes this.
  10. Vizier Augur

Gorowyn is a good spot for charm soloing
  11. Moege Augur

TBM Demiplane of life had this bug.
    RPoo likes this.
  12. Anlak Journeyman

OT is semi ok for solo charm , snag a carpenters or like inside the city and pull him out to use as a charm pet ( they dont turn off attack ) .. might be carefull they share agro i normal just charm direct to avoid other to add , will firsts tash the pet outside the outpost ;)
  13. Wegluan New Member

I have had so much trouble with my charm lately. I cast it with tash on, and click attack, and then it immediately breaks. It really sucks, don't know if its a bug or I am just really unlucky.

Any ideas for something I can change up?
  14. Wegluan New Member

what mobs are the best to charm in Goro?
  15. fransisco Augur

the rare citizen is blue at 110
  16. kizant Augur

Plus the dogs and basilisks. There's plenty in goro.
  17. PhantasmaRathe Journeyman

I don't see charming a npc of a favorable faction as an exploit... I do see it as an evil action though lol. It is a much safer way to charm if the rest of your party shares the same faction. Should the charm break, the mob will not attack the rest of the group and only go after you.
  18. fransisco Augur

Dogs are probably the worst mob in the game to charm. They fade very often when charmed (and stop attacking). They are so not worth the trouble.
  19. kizant Augur

Outside initial pull/agro or when charm breaks I haven't had an issue with them. The fade can even be helpful sometimes imo.