3/6 test patch notes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Fohpo Augur

If that's the case, that's not the way it works for mage orbs or mod rods.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

My mod rods certainly work that way. Had it on the same spot on the same hotbar for like a year now. It's often empty "Not Found" if no mage is around, but then I join a raid and get handed a mod rod. It shows up immediately on my hotbar in the same place, and I just /autoinv it.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Thanks, devs, for reducing mana cost of dru/sha DoTs. good change!
  4. Fohpo Augur

May not be the speed we want but it's certainly better than necro changes
  5. Havanap Elder

Re potion belt,

I use three slots for 1-charge consumables. If I use a hotbar instead, I will get "NOT FOUND" generic message instead of a red background image of the thing that's supposed to go in that slot. I'm not sure I like that, and I'm not sure why potion belt was changed, I can't imagine it's a performance related change.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

I don't think that is true.

I remember in the End of Empire mission or the raid you would loot the shield and put it on your hotbar for easy access. If you die so that you lose the shield and you loot a shield in the next attempt, you don't have to manually put in the the hotbar, it will just appear there as soon as you loot it, unless you cleared that spot on the hotbar. I am not sure what that button looks like if you lose the shield and don't clear the button, but I don't think it says not found.

From what I have seen, not found shows up on hotkeys if the item or AA it was for is removed or used up in the case of a glyph.
  7. Zamiam Augur

Im pretty sure , if item(s) are replaced they do become avail again and the Not Found button returns to normal i could be mistaken though .. but iirc every time i had a mod rod in my hot bar and used it then replaced it with same mod rod the icon would return .. ?

also potion belt only has 5 slots , where as a new hotbar has 12 :p im happy with this change
  8. Aurastrider Augur

It absolutely works that way for mod rods. I have mod rods set to be used on key press 7 on four mages and my sk (don't need it for my sk but I keep it there so I know when it is no longer on cooldown). When I use all 3 charges I simply make another one and the item not found button turns into another mod rod on my hotbar in the same spot every time on all 5 toons. If you are trying to use a different mod rod this might be the issue but if you are using the same mod rod it should work every time.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Fohpo Augur

I'll have to go back and look at what I have wrong then, I don't think there's an easy way to macro that into a social but at least you can put it on the hotbar.
  10. Eanelder Augur

Very true! But the original concern was around mod rods, and ensuring your placing the mod rod in the exact same slot every time would take some additional effort and getting used to. Personally I just auto inventory and enjoy the fact that it shows up in my potion belt without having to think about it.

I will miss that functionality, but will likely enjoy the extra hot buttons much more.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

I just have the mod rod set by itself (holding down the mouse to make the image appear and placing it on the hotbar) and not placing it in a macro from such as the ones that let you use an item from a bag if that makes sense. I do this same thing with a lot of clickies for my toons such as drunkard stein and my anchors although those will never have an item not found button that appears as long as I have them in my inventory.

If you do it this way and it does not work my best guess is you are receiving a different mod rod than the one you have placed on your hotbar. In that case I can see how this might be a bit annoying.
    Belexes likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm mostly going to miss not knowing how many charges I have and what item i am missing when I have a hot button which says item not found....

Most of my blank/not found hot keys are missing AAs from when they were consolidated which I still haven't figured out yet. :rolleyes:

Do you already use 10 hot bars?
    eqgamer likes this.
  13. Belexes ForumQuester

Yup, click on the item with left mouse button and hold it until you see an icon of the item appear on your cursor. Then click on a vacant hotbar button and presto, you now have it ready to click on hotbar.
  14. Fohpo Augur

With the potion belt, you can put it in a social macro with other things like mage orb. If it's just on my hotbar, that means additional keybinds and those are sometimes at a premium for boxers.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

yep that's exactly what I do for all items that I place on a hotbar instead of using the use from bag macro that some people use.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

If timing is an issue than yes I can see where this might be a problem and by timing I mean using a pause or having things go off in a specific order. If you don't care what item fires first then simply use the extra boxes and keybind several of them to the same key. If you need them in an actual macro form you will need to do the use from bags macro for it to work or at least that's what my tired brain is thinking.
  17. Fohpo Augur

Guess that's the best workaround or fix for it, just hate having to redo a bunch of settings after getting comfortable.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

I can totally relate to this after having to reinstall windows and losing everything in EQ. I have to remake every hotkey, keybind, macro and such on every toon in game not to mention repositioning everything and reconfiguring all of my settings including my advloot filters which I have fine tuned over several expansions since its release. I am trying to stay positive about it though and keep telling myself I will come up with something more efficient and more visually appealing to look at once I am done.

On a side note I have learned that I should backup my EQ files on a regular basis now. A tough lesson to learn but a lesson none the less.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

on a side note (well not side not since its related) here is a link some people might find useful if they don't know how to macro an item from there bags http://www.jaburt.com/eq/useitem.htm

There might be better sites out there that explain bag macro's but I found this one pretty fast doing a quick google search in case some people want to know how to do it.
  20. Fohpo Augur

That's brutal...