Tank Item must haves?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Daedly, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Daedly Augur

Starting a Shadowknight and besides the epic are there any must have items that I should be after?
  2. Azorin Journeyman

My F2P SK clickies:

Misc Buffs:
    Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem - ac buff
    Gunthak Swabby's Eyepatch - (ac, hp, mana/end, etc)
    Lizardscale Plated Girdle - haste
    The Chief's Influence - hp buff does not stack with some other class buffs (but useful most of the time for me).
    Orb of Duskmold - mini cleric buff if you don't have a merc/cleric.

Defensive Buffs:
    Diplomatic Papers (15th Anniv task)
    Fabled Ball of Golem Clay

Heals:
    Innoruuk's Dark Blessing - epic 2.x
    Duskbringer's Plate Chestguard of the Hateful- mini epic
    Miniature Horn of Unity - spell shield / damage shield + hp/mana/end regen (15th Anniv task)
    Overflowing Urn of Life - heal+

Damage Shield:
    Memento of the Ungod's Suffering spell damage + ds (slot 9)
    Violet Conch of the Tempest - ac + ds: does not stack with zombieskin. 77ac 13ds or 80ds
    Stormeye Band - DS
    Nimbus of Frost - small damage shield (slot 9)

Reverse Damage Shield:
    Terror's Juju - reverse damage shield
    Ghoulskin Shield - lesser version of Juju clicky
    -- these overwrite each other, but have different timers.

Offensive Buffs:
    Breastplate of Wailing Hatred - group attack buff
    Symbol of Vivace CoP2

Damage Clickies:
    Necromantic Dragon Bone - lifetap (16th Anniv task)
    Bottled Essence of Vex - AE Nuke (15th Anniv task)

(Non-Prestige Situational & Odd-Ball Clickies)
    Velious Snowball - pacify
    Curious Companion Compactor - pet shrink
    Brick of Knowledge - POK Gate (9th Anniv Quest)
    Drunkard's Stein - POK Gate (16th Anniversary)
    Cleansing Rod - cure (16th Anniversary)
    Shield of the Immaculate - cure disease
    Cloth Cap -- pet swarm, help Mages with Many xx spells
    Preserved Chokidai Vocal Cords - make pet talk
    Archaeologist's Automated Antiquity Analyzer
    -- Shrink: lots of choices, illusion or other ways to shrink. Not going to expand on this area. (other items like food/drink clickies etc)

Special Items:
    Darkened Sebilite Scale Belt - 1k dd process
    Darkened Sludged Girdle - cripple process
    Darkened Cone of the Mystics - upgrade for ALEX
    Aged Left Eye of Xygoz - no damage tanking
    Darkened Journeyman's Walking Stick -- new upgrade to tash stick (Malosenia)
    Journeyman's Walking Stick - tash
    Corrupted Hammer of Consternation - HS hammer (new quest)
    Fabled Willsapper - slow
    Worker Sledgemallet - gate hammer
    Very Small Stone Tear
    Jhenna_BB, Quatr, Dahaman and 2 others like this.
  3. Daedly Augur

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for, thank you.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Not must have's, but things to add to the above list. Not sure how useful they are for pal/sk.

Silken Trillium - increased healing

Blooddrinker's Coating -lifetap

Kiss of Erollisi Marr - resource generator

Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye - twincast

something with Guardian Circle III:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=9008

Rage of Rolfron - Circle of Power

Ring of the Ancients - shrink

Chestplate of the Dark Flame - proc effect

Skull of Null- Cancel Magic + Magic Rune (great against damage shields)

Something with the below effects (crafted is easiest):
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=39909
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=39914

Trophy's:
    Replica of the Qeynos Claymore
    Golden Helmet of Rallos Zek Tier
    Trophy of the Seafarer Tier
    Trophy of Duality Tier
    RoS' Trophy (I forgot the name =\ )
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

That is a great list and with anniversary approaching super helpful!

Also add in Anguish BP, staff of viarl flux (tower of rot). New VP items have a place also.
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Telkiney Elder

7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Dunno as I’m not an SK. Also I think it was SoF or maybe UF raid BP was a different timer... dont have it on my main yet.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I was thinking about splitting off my Paladin alt to another account whenever they reactivate those transfers.

Looking through the last few expansions of content to make a list like the ones posted above, the Honed Wurmslayer popped out at me. It seems to me like a worn effect that drops every Melee hit by 1500 is basically irreplaceable while tanking.

Do tanks actually use any other 1-handed weapon? I can't imagine marginally better stats/Heroics or few Rune procs make up for this survivability component, but perhaps it doesn't function like I assume it does looking at the spell data.
  9. Fohpo Augur

The knight 1hs typically have better ratios, a rune proc, and higher AC. That translates into more agro/DPS and the 1500 block doesn't stack with a lot of things, especially now that you can get the Skull of Null version.
  10. fransisco Augur

I use the group 1h on my paladins over the wyrmslayer. Pally agro isn't as good as SK or Warrior, so I figure the rune procs help with that.
    The rune seems to proc quite often, and I wonder how it compares to the wyrmslayer when fighting group content (in raid content, hits are so much harder I doubt there is runes will EVER be better. Raid tanks might chained to wyrmslayer forever)
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Ah I was unaware there was an upgraded worn effect.

Outside of Wurmslayer / Skull of Null you're saying that effect doesn't stack with other Mitigation type buffs or disciplines?

Edit: Yea looks like both are slot 14 but Null is spell damage and Wurmslayer is Melee damage. Outside of other stacking issues it still seems more valuable than another 50 AC or another 1000 HP. I suppose if aggro generation is a concern I understand an expansion old non-knight ratio weapon would be a detriment though.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Wurmslayer's Guard (from honed wurmslayer) is SPA 162 and Guard of Null (from Skull of Null) is SPA 161, they should stack together, but the Wurmslayer protects against melee hits and the Guard of Null protects against spell damage.

The Skull of Null is really valuable against damage shields, just like the Wurmslayer is good for swarming low level mobs.
  13. Tucoh Augur

You can see what Paladin spells don't stack with Wurmslayer here:
    http://www.raidloot.com/Spells.aspx?effect=162&class=Paladin

On the flip side, these spells should stack with wurmslayer:
    http://www.raidloot.com/Spells.aspx?effect=451&class=Paladin

(not a paladin so don't quote me o nthat).

Note that whatever you have on you that protects against the most damage will get used. So if you've got Armor of Mercy up and are using a Wurmslayer and take a 2000 damage melee hit, the wurmslayer will knock off 1750 of it. If you get melee'd for 20,000 damage, armor of mercy will knock off 4000.

For grouping this makes the Wurmslayer really valuable because if you look at a histogram of your incoming melee hits, most of them are pretty low. In raids, every time the raid boss swings they're bringing an kicking with them.
  14. Fohpo Augur

Some of the tank discs and such don't stack with it, Tucoh already corrected my laziness in posting. I have both a Swordmaster's and a raid upgraded Wurmslayer, I almost never use the Wurmslayer unless I'm DS leveling lowbies and want to spam /sit. Not saying it's bad, just that personally I don't find it to be amazing - especially given the proc rate on the weapon rune procs.
  15. eqgamer Augur

Good stuff and agree w staff of viral flux. Use every pull/mob!
  16. Bigstomp Augur

But not in a raid. That debuff slot is precious on a boss.
    Koryu likes this.
  17. Forty5 New Member

What tribs/trophies are best nowadays?
  18. Brohg Augur

tent (new anni trophy)
    Scavenger
    Duality
    Seafarer
    Claymore
    Helm (old anni trophy)

Fallen & Talendor if you can get them for the last two spots, or Landing

For tribs, I run
    Fury of Combat
    Eyes of the Hunter
    Str of Body II
    Bulwark of Honor I & II
    Koryu likes this.
  19. Wulfhere Augur

Last Fall I tested this and parsing showed that it didn't increase flurry rate (flurries/minute) for a paladin with flurry AA (now ranks of Burst of Power AA). I think it doesn't stack. So I stopped spending tribute on it and switched to HP and AC tributes.

Footnote: I also don't parse any increase in flurry rate from level 105 to 110 with max AA. For the paladin class, at least, there might be a flurry rate cap.
  20. josh Augur

The fabled ball of golem clay is pretty useless. It has a per hit damage limit of 215. and if you don't have a better spa 162 buff on you at all times than you're doin somethin wrong. I would recommend the gnomework survival suit

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=77870

It's only 1% mitigation but it stacks with everything a knight is likely to have cast on them. would be nice if they separated the illusion though.
    Wulfhere likes this.