Test Update 03/06/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Dupre_MIM Elder

I don't understand the need for this, but it does raise some red flags. This zone is historically known as train city not only for poor pathing, but because also griefing. By making it hard for people to escape the house, you're risking this being a larger issue than it needs to be. I don't understand why. Can the rational behind this decision be shared?
  2. Dupre_MIM Elder

Any chance we can get a listing of these? I would hope it was the ZEM was increased in certain zones in order to encourage people to try them, rather than nerfing existing ZEM's down to discourage people from traveling there.
  3. Trafthek Lorekeeper

So 3 months into the expansion your just gonna totally change the zone faction? Heavy faction loss means you will be kill on sight shortly after doing any killing in the zone I assume. So screw the non hardcore players once again! If you wanted the zone to be played with the pc's being kos to most everything, maybe you should have thought of that, hmm, maybe before it even went to beta?

If you're not yet VP keyed or haven't finished progression there, DB just gave you the high hard one and made this zone significantly harder.
    Metanis likes this.
  4. wherehouse Lorekeeper

If you are going to do this, can you at least mage Vex Thal DZ function like Temple of Veeshan where you can split the instance into 2 day without getting a full lockout upfront?
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

The death of casual guilds is nearing completion...
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

the front door was never locked... the secret bookcase was i think and probably some upstairs stuff. This change will literally mean nothing. Those keys drop like candy.
  7. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

why the potion belt? I'm just curious on one good reason for it to be removed? if you dont like it you can close it off. I use it all the time....

secrets gylph isnt even fix, druids fire aura? why not fix things that are broke and that people have been reporting so many times.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  8. Zalamyr Augur

I'll also throw my support in the "don't remove the potion belt" direction. Unless you plan on allowing the total number in your inventory to show on hotbars the way it does on the potion belt.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  9. Prathun Developer

There was not enough time. We can potentially look into this for a future update.
    Skuz, minimind, Ryak and 3 others like this.
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Thanks for the reply on it Prathun! As I'm sure you're aware, PoR launches on Phinigel 3 weeks from today (28th of March) so it would need to be before the next scheduled monthly update to be ready in time.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

If y'all can fit in in before launch that would be amazing. As it is this in not going to be good for the state of Phinny.
  12. TheStugots Augur

I don't normally agree with many of these types of posts, but this one...this one I agree with. My box crew has been VP keyed since week two, and I've since swapped out a box for a different box and keyed him. I've also helped several others get keyed. With that said, I've completed all VP Progression and hunter numerous times (and all the new item quests numerous times). I've just recently gone KoS there. The zone goes from a joke to a completely annoying pain in the once KoS.

I agree it should have been different, and it should not have been a joke...BUT it should have been fixed long ago or not at all. Changing it now is just screwing over the ones who have been struggling to get there in the first place. KoS there is zero fun, period. If it was that way from the start, it would make sense. Now the change only hurts those who took three months to get there...and taking three months to get there is struggle enough.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Lily and Metanis like this.
  13. Prathun Developer

It'll be more adventurous if this information is uncovered through exploration.

Credit to Kahna, who said it first and arguably better. :p

Why not both? There were as many increases as decreases and the intent is that they even out overall.
    [IMG]
    Skuz, minimind and snailish like this.
  14. S33k3r Augur

It's a shame about the potion belt :(

On my mage I have macros to summon Firebound Orb / modrod and /autoinv. I also use "/potionbelt activate" in macros to trigger them and it does not matter which inv slot there are in.

With no potion belt I will have to setup some additional key bindings to replace those macros and/or place summoned items in certain bag slots to I can keep the macros. Not a showstopper but a little annoying.
    Lorai, Sancus and Ibadan Kun'Tirel like this.
  15. Elundil New Member

That depends.
    - Are you making good xp zonen into "ok" xp zonen
    - Making "bad xp" zonens into "ok" xp zonens.
    The result is that we just have "ok" xp zonens. I dont see that as an improvement.
    But ofcourse i dont know how you changed it so time will tell.

PS. Make rewamped CT open with Luclin agian...that was such a change in the last patch.
    Montag and Dulu like this.
  16. Moege Augur

Besides the above use you could drop stuff on the potionbelt and it then went into your bags, e.g foraged items. Please do not get rid of it !
  17. Zaph Augur

If you are committed to getting rid of the potion belt, then can we have its functionality applied to hotbars, AND the ability to restrict display of a hotbar down to X amount of buttons
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Potion belt > hot bar

Why are you changing something which is not broken and is far superior to the hot bar you are replacing it with?

Potion belt leaves a shadow of the missing item/potion, hot bar just tells you "item not found"
    Potion belt tells you how many charges you have left on an item, hot bar does not (ie Mod rod)
    Potion belt tells you the quantity of the item regardless of how many stacks, hot bar just shows you that one slot
    Potion belt you create the slot by dropping the item into it and it goes in your bags, hot bar you have to have the item in your bags to make the hot key to then add to your hot bar.

Why was precious time wasted on something which did not need changing?

If you go ahead with this change please make all hot bars function as the potion belt currently does.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will this once again add new/zoned player to the bottom of the guild rosta?
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Define original Everquest zones.

I'm assuming Serpent Spine zones do not come under original and have been left alone.