tiny stone tear change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 5, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

I just started doing this for the first time. I've read that the early levels are about a 1% per kill and to save the tablets until lvl 14+.

However, I've killed ~200 alarans and am not even 25% in.

Was the exp rate normalized across all levels? If so, does that mean saving the tablets doesn't do any good anymore?
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I haven't worked on it in a while, but when I did it (mostly in shards landing) it got up to level 10-12 fairly reasonably. Then it was a long slog of gathering tablets. 1 tablet = 5%, 20 = 1 level. So just count your tablets until you get enough to take it the rest of the way to 20.

If you're doing it on more than one toon (or want to be nice to guild mates and taskadd them) the missions in pillar's are worth learning so you can run through them quickly.
  3. fransisco Augur

I was just swarming the farmers and soldiers in valley. That seemed like it'd be way faster than the higher lvl mobs in shards landing.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Higher level ones give more xp. The arena in the city in shards landing was the best place I found. (and now that killing more than that area is viable you can roam to a larger area of the city while waiting on respawns)
    feeltheburn likes this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The exp evolves based on the mob con of the alaran killed. I’m willing to bet you are 5-15 levels higher than before, eh?

Tablets should still give the same 5% shot so you should always stockpile them for the end.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Cliff notes on this crap:

A mob gives xx exp to you based on your level

Your tear requires xx exp per level

The more exp you get from the mob, mean the less amount of mobs needed to kill per lvl of tear

At lvl 110, kill for a few hours and deal with it

Do it solo to maximize the amount of exp you gain

Do it with a merc if you want to go slower

Save tablets till you know you have enough to click and get to 20/20... past lvl 12 it is a flat rate of 5% per click

160 tablets needed to go from lvl 12 to 20...

Im at 10/20 and have 41 saved... missions are good for 1 each, but you have to do the alternative ending on them. Once you know them its an easy way to get a few a day per toon.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This, the info you got saying 1% per kill for the early levels was probably based on a lvl 95ish toon if I had to guess, maybe lower. At 110 the mobs will con a lot lower then they did before and give a lot less item XP per kill. Here is the Raw data posted by Dzarn.

"Here are the raw numbers for you math inclined people. Keep in mind that these are the 'lowered' values, the intense grind is intended.
    Level - Exp Needed
    01 - 0
    02 - 4500
    03 - 6783
    04 - 10224
    05 - 15410
    06 - 23226
    07 - 35007
    08 - 52763
    09 - 79525
    10 - 119861
    11 - 180655
    12 - 272284
    13 - 410387
    14 - 618536
    15 - 932258
    16 - 1405100
    17 - 2117767
    18 - 3191899
    19 - 4810831
    20 - 7250885

To make some sense of those numbers here is a chart that defines how much 'item exp' you gain per kill. (Basically, the amount of 'item exp' you gain per kill is based on your group size and the mob's level compared to yours.)

Grey cons at all group sizes yield 0 points of item exp.

Solo
    Green: 20
    Light Blue: 30
    Dark Blue: 71
    White: 111
    Yellow: 120
    Red: 131

Duo
    Green: 12
    Light Blue: 18
    Dark Blue: 42
    White: 66
    Yellow: 72
    Red: 84

Trio
    Green: 9
    Light Blue: 14
    Dark Blue: 33
    White: 53
    Yellow: 57
    Red: 66

Four People
    Green: 8
    Light Blue: 12
    Dark Blue: 29
    White: 45
    Yellow: 48
    Red: 57

Five or Six People
    Green: 8
    Light Blue: 11
    Dark Blue: 26
    White: 41
    Yellow: 44
    Red: 51

The reward for doing the optional step in the Pillars tasks grants a defined number of exp points to the item based on the item's level. It works as follows:
    Level 01: 450 points.
    Level 02: 710 points.
    Level 03: 1120 points.
    Level 04: 1767 points.
    Level 05: 2788 points.
    Level 06: 4397 points.
    Level 07: 6937 points.
    Levels 08-13: 7000 points.
    Levels 14-20: 10000 points."
    Sheex likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

wow, so its virtually impossible at lvl 110. Crappy
  10. Cicelee Augur

You were told to solo kill alarans in Shards Landing, and/or do the four pillars tasks daily to get four tablets plus whatever other tablets drop from the trash mobs. So no, it is not virtually impossible at level 110...
  11. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

At 110, Shards landing is 90% light blue, if you kill the Alarins in the "stands" around the area are they are green. City of Bronze has a lot also, and again it's about 80% LB 20% green.

The key is to be able to kill as many, as fast as you can 100% solo, no merc no friend... Once you add that 2nd person you can see the drastic change in amount of exp you receive.

as an example at lvl 10 of the tear, I need to kill 3995.3 Alarians to get to lvl 11, then kill another 6021.8 to get to 12.... Lets say I can maintain a kill pace of 10 per min, it will take me 6.5 hours to get thru lvl 10....

I work on this 30-60 mins a day if I can... Someday I'll get it done.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If by “virtually impossible” you mean “pretty similar to before”, then yes, yes it is.

Farming tablets is actually a lot easier given how fast you can mow through Alarans at 110. The kill evolution is slower so you’ll have to farm more tablets overall most likely, but the rate at which you can gain them should be noticeably better, too.

Where it’ll really hurt is at 115-120 when all the Alarans turn gray!
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Bobsmith Augur

Swarm SL underground for tablet drops, mob so credit at 110 is brutally slow, but xp is xp. I just finished mine recently. It isn't as painful as it was when voa was current.
  14. smash Augur

Most effective is the Pillars tasks. There you are sure to get the ones from the tasks.
  15. smash Augur

Not if you do tasks. And if you have not got maxxed by then, then go look into the mirror and you know who to blame.

However if it does not show yourself, then I have to say: STOP covering it in shaving foam or with lipstick.
  16. svann Augur

No, its just that that old standard advice to kill till L12 no longer applies. You can do it faster by doing the 5 quests and then clicking the thingie.
    smash likes this.
  17. smash Augur

Do the 5 in 1 hour, and then repeat 6 hours after. And no, do not need to be raid equipped for that.
  18. Warpeace Augur

Collect the tablets, end of story.
  19. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ya the Frags have always been the way to go. Previously you could get the lower levels done while collecting the fragments needed. Now you will probably need more fragments since you won't get as much XP from killing, but like Sheex said you should be able to get fragments at a faster rate so it should balance out. I did mine pretty much all from the Pillars tasks, run the missions 1 or 2 times a day and you should be done in a month. You get 1 Frag per mission for everyone in the group/task, 3 were a cake walk back in the day, the 4th one was a little annoying back in the day so I usually skipped it. You also get random dropped ones while doing the missions.
  20. Qbert Gallifreyan

It would be pretty swell if they made the tear compatible with the experience transfer machine in Corathus Creep. Since (save a quest npc) we haven't seen Alarans around in the last few years, it would be nice if we could evolve other things and transfer some of the experience into the tear.
    Fanra likes this.