Design your ideal server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Mar 4, 2018.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

I really think agnarr with no lock and slower exp is the best move right now. What do you think?
  2. Zansobar Augur

This is both a new server ruleset and updates to the game to balance the first several expansions that are played on TLPs:

1) Ragefire XP rates
    2) No Keying
    3) FV loot rules (no drop items are tradeable)
    4) Epic 1.0 bottlenecks fixed - at least have them work the instanced zones and not just main open world areas
    5) Monk damage put back in line where it should be via a permanent debuff on the monk that can vary by level as necessary to accomplish the goal aligning their dps relative to other classes (Monks are not T1 dps instead Wizards and Rogues are T1, with Rangers, Monks, Mages in the T2 category)
    6) Charm fixed (either put a dps debuff on mobs that are charmed or make charm vastly more risky via much shorter durations and much much higher break chances)
    7) Mage and Necro pet damage reduced via a permanent debuff on the pets that can vary by level to align the dps relative to other classes
    8) Move Clarity line of mana regen spells to Wizards to increase group desireability and give Wizards at least one buff for others. (This still leaves Enchanters with more than enough utility/buffs that make them highly sought after for grouping).
    9) To compensate enchanters for reduction in charm power...give them the ability to control their animations from the first level they obtain animation pets.
    10) Increase warrior taunt to be at least on par with agro abilities that the SK and Paladin can achieve via their spells.
    11) Finish the dot revamp across the remaining classes and then do a final balance to assure damage/mana is as intended and dps is in alignment with these classes place in the dps order.
    12) Increase Rogue DPS via permanent buff that varies by level (decreases over time as rogues gain access to better AA's and weapons that reduce this need). Rogues should be THE melee DPS class, not Monks or archery Rangers, make it so.
    13) Remove any solo XP penalty on the server.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  3. Finnster Elder

make a TLP server that is locked at my favorite expansion, but allow transfers away when I get bored
    make kronos no-trade
    stop box armies because they ruin the game, but still make it possible for people to box their alts like me who has 3 accounts.
    add beastlords, berzerkers, Vah Shir from the start to allow them the total classic feeling, too.
    Nolrog likes this.
  4. Whyx New Member

Ragefire exp rates
    Instanced Raiding
    12 week, no vote expansion release
    Start with Kunark open
    All classes available at beginning
    True box OR better GM support - I'd settle for either - I box myself, but the box armies that are controlled by a single key click or two ruin the game for me
    I'd be fine with FV loot rules, but I'd rather see all no drop gear be tradeable to other chars on the same account, but not sold to others.
  5. snailish Augur

The server probably only I would want to play on:

-single character per account
    -all dropped gear is no trade
    -all crafted gear is attunable
    -truebox
    -no load balancing outside of newbie zones the first few weeks (then none at all)
    -agents of change
    -Quest XP nerf undone (I'm fine with specific low-level quests that were abused being xp adjusted, I don't like the universal sledgehammer solution)
    -no voting, auto unlocks @ 20 weeks or even longer... or even better just opens at Gates of Discord
    -Agnarr or better XP rate
    -locked in GoD but always allowed to transfer onto another progression server that reaches Gates of Discord

So a ruleset that turns the up to GoD game into an extended tutorial if you will, in which you can slowplay your character to be ready to jump into GoD on another progression server or you can stay and happily dabble away. Potentially catches the people that miss the start of other progression servers or want to play bst/ber and not fill the time before.
    Krezzy likes this.
  6. Symbius Augur

The extra most bestest one would be...

- True-box code
    - Instancing
    - All No Drop gear to be Heirloom. ( A twist on FV rules, so it's only tradeable to your alts. )
    - 4 Month Unlocks -- Opening with Kunark live.
    - All CLASSES available at the start.
    - All versions of MOTM gone.
    - Monk fists adjusted down for the early game.
    - Pets power reduced for the early game.
    - Charm power reduced via a debuff on the charmed mob.
    - Quest XP boosted.
    - Normal XP at current Ragefire levels.
  7. Hateseeker Augur

- Open economy (tradeable loot)
    - Non-true box, but with 3rd party programs banned, forcing manual commands to be issued to each client
    - Full instancing and load balancing
    - 3 month unlocks, automatic with no voting, with a 100% exp bonus during the last 1.5 months of each expansion
    - Certain expansions will open 2 at a time, notably, PoP and LoY, LDON and GoD
    - ALL classes available day one
    Ghubuk likes this.
  8. NeonTribez Journeyman

Temporary 1 month server with server reset. Reward for top 5 highest leveled characters.
    Full PVP
    Permadeath
    10 Remakes
    Full loot
    Zoning cooldown
    Added 80 resists to all characters.
    Become random zone monster on Death.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

Add 500% exp gain and I'd certainly give that a try.
  10. Tachyon Augur

Everything non-tradeskill is no drop, and you can't open loot outside of your group on the kill. You must earn all your gear through playing, no buying it!
  11. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

What are all the popular things to cry and throw tantrums about on the TLP forums this week?

Whatever those things are, just plug those in here for me.

Oh yeah, go ahead and toss in something about how I can't wait for Pantheon, and another comment about Coirnav bandwagon hype for good measure.

Thanks.
  12. Tsar Journeyman

1. Agnarr XP rates
    2. Game locks at Dragons of Norrath
    3. Sleeper is permanently despawned in OW, so Warders never disappear.
    4. New custom TLP server content to follow after DoN that ignores all terrible expansions thereafter.
    5. Start with all classes open.
    6. All epic mobs that are OW only Insta-spawn in new picks and DZ's.
  13. code-zero Augur

Server name "Heroes Journey"
    1: Starts in TSS
    2: No option for any home city besides Crescent Reach
    3: 12 week unlocks
    4: Test server EXP
    5: FV trade rules

TSS was a true reboot of the game and one of the best things that happened until Mercenaries came in to the game. Everyone starts at level 1 and there's tons of content to do right there from the very start
  14. Ghubuk Augur

I suspect if they could make a non-true box server that was able to successfully ban 3rd party programs, it would be the most successful server for an extremely long time.
    Xanumbik and Paralyze like this.
  15. Soulfire Lorekeeper

I would have: aHybrid PVP server.

Only PvP zones would be the current content and it would be non-instanced.

The previous expansions would open up to been instanced and non pvp areas.

Example: server is at luclin

classic = no pvp /yes aocs
    Kunark = no pvp /yes aocs
    Velious = no pvp / yes aocs
    Luclin = pvp / no aoc's

There would be two of these servers. One locking at PoP era like Agnarr and one locking right before mercs and all crazy non eqish .

Named mobs would have a chance to drop xp potions that would be no-drop no-rent ranging from 1hr-4hr boosts for group 5-25% amounts randomly generated.

High end raid targets in the current expansion only would have a chance (15%) to drop a tradeable krono (yes thats right, pvpable raid targets only). Also every day world mobs would have a 0.01% chance to drop a krono. Otherwise all krono disabled from marketplace/cross server.
  16. Fluid Augur

Me too with all classes open. Really wanted a Halfling Ranger at start on Agnarr.
    I've made another post on loot rules. If you change the rules to drastically you can check in but you can never leave.
    One thing I would like to see is ability to parcel or bank temporary gear. Not just on a TLP server but all servers. I imagine it would become a nightmare for coders but it would like Magician toys much more available between characters. Of course it may destroy the market since there are players selling things like the haste mask for ~15 pp in the Bazaar.
    The other thing I would like to see is cap levels but add toned down expansions. Same game map as live but MOBs set at the same level as the highest allowed character. I haven't played live but a day or two since Agnarr started so all my characters are pathetically behind.
  17. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

So you consider DoN a good expansion, but DoDH, TSS, and SoF are 'terrible' expansions? Really?
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

• Combine style, beat the expac and next unlocks 2 weeks later. (Includes the need for certain quests to be finished)
    • Test server XP rates to deal with the need for constant new AAs/Levels
    • FV loot rules to allow for reassigning loot due to lack of farming time.
    • Agents of Change in place
    Ronzark, jeskola, Gana and 1 other person like this.
  19. MaxTheLion Augur

-Test server exp rate.
    -Agents of Change
    -Immediate access to next expansion but only accessible to a character after credit for "End boss" kill of previous expansion.

Essentially a true endurance race from Classic -> Live through all content.
  20. Febb Augur

• You are kill on sight to everything, even in your hometown.
    • You are always out of food and drink.
    • You are encumbered by about 300 pounds with no strength buffs allowed to land on you.
    • Your mom keeps yelling at you to get off the computer.