WTB Evict Option for Guild Neighborhoods

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wingz-83 Augur

Actually I think I've changed my mind on this idea. Once people get evicted from their homes it'll be more fun.

[IMG]
  2. Eanelder Augur

I'm not sure if this is actually in game ... yet.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm, Homeless gamers...

[IMG]
    wingz-83 likes this.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

This is currently not something in game and personally I would rather it not be. For people like myself who don't want to take up all the plots in my guild I made my own alt guild and bought my own neighborhood. I deguilded all my toons in my main guild, added them to my personal guild so they could buy their plots and then reguilded them to my main guild. I can still add as much escrow to my houses in my person guild even though the vast majority of my toons are not in my personal guild just their houses.
  5. Turoq Journeyman

... You don't, there are plenty of free neighborhoods which I'm sure you're well aware of. If an individual in your guild realllllly wants a house in ''Insert Guild Name's'' plot, tell them to feel free to take it upon themselves to buy a writ and expand upon your real estate...

95% of my toons house themselves in free neighborhoods. Why? Hmm IDK... maybe because they are all the !#@$ing same lol.

Yall getting too bent outta shape over some digital grass...
    Smokezz likes this.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I am not so sure about the retired ones.
    Actually i think that'd be bad to come back eventually to find your houses (and layouts too probably) gone.
    And i don't think it'd be a good idea for anyone to be able to "force" someone out of his plot - think of someone who might want to (ab) use that to get that certain plot for himself...

But a /guildremove should definitely also free up the plots they own, yes.
    After all, i thought the unguilded players were what these "general" neighborhoods were for...

Which reminds me.. *sigh*
    I need to petition yet again to get my house back, for the x-th time now...
    Felicite likes this.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The one neighborhood that's "special" though is the one your guild hall is in, because you can access that not only from the lobby but also from that guild hall.

What i did is make use of co-ownership.
    My fellowship and some characters are co-owners to my main's plot in our guild's neighborhood (one of two that we have) and can therefore also use my main's house to store stuff in.

And for the buying neighborhoods:
    I never spent a dime on it - i used the SC you get for subscribing to buy the neighborhood for my old guild (which by now is essentially my own private ALT guild). So even if your guild's neighborhood is full, you need not evict someone (though that could clean up things, i agree, with the above-posted reservations) - that someone can, iirc, buy a plot charter and click it while in your guild and HE will hav epaid for it (one way or the other) and your guild will have more plots, since the neighborhoods are the guild's possession, not the member's - again, iirc.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

While I agree in theory with being able to evict people. I can see it causing some real sucky issues. What if they don't have their layout saved to be able to re-setup a fancy house elsewhere?
  9. Allayna Augur

Okay...since this was obviously missed by several reading this:

1. I'm not asking to evict MEMBERS of a guild from their homes.
    2. I'm referring to INACTIVE or no longer guilded people. (Side note) - In my particular guild, you cannot remain inactive indefinitely, we remove people who don't log in periodically.
    3. The escrow options noted above I can agree with, restricting the ability to add more time is only part of the solution. See: Evantil's Abode, The Wayward Lady, Hive of the Bixie, Hermit's Hideaway....
    4. Checking just the first neighborhood there were 29 plots used by people who are no longer guilded.
    5. You claim mismanagement on a system....that cannot be managed, you can personally buy all the plots in your neighborhood? Sounds like hacks. You also assume I've been the leader for all time.
    6. You think I'm a plat farmer, lol. If I was EQ rich, I wouldn't complain and I'd buy 90 neighborhoods with all those leetz kronoz brah.

Says the representative from ROI....how bout you tell those approximately 15 plot owners to move their plots to their own guild....unless they're griefing....right?
    Shanarias and Felicite like this.
  10. Tornicade_IV Augur

The guild owns the neighbourhoods.
    anyone can buy a writ for their guild.
    said person forks up 25 dollars to buy a neighbor and they should vacate that neighborhood just because they are no longer in the guild?

Guilds are not corporations. Guild members are not employees.
  11. Tornicade_IV Augur

The system only does a check for guild membership when a plot is purchased.
    people escrow their lots for a long time because they don't want to mess with them
    Moving a plot is rather cumbersome.
    There really hasn't been any updates regarding Housing since ROF(trophy itemization)
    There are legitimate concerns about an eviction option and how it is implemented for people to embrace the idea

• Tradeskill supply merchants are still not available
    • house to house portals haven't been expanded to house to guild portals
    • Guilds are unable to set lease duration limits on plots.
    • Trade store options still haven't been added tot he housing like they are available in other DB games with player housing
    • tradeskilled housing items has never been expanded from launch
    Outside of portals included (and one spell research table) in collectors editions of expansions housing is pretty much an afterthought.
    Heck the find item feature doesn't even include any stuff you have in a guild hall.
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

well lets summarize what I have said.
    Guild leaders should not be able to evict people without some cost or forking out some DB cash
    There are tools in place to manage guild resources with the plots before space becomes an issue
    An Auto evict option is out of the question
    Allowing members to take up multiple plots when they only need one ( door to Nowhere)
    retired members who have invested the guild themselves could get evicted from a neighborhood they paid and donated to the guild.

lets look at the OP summary
    Retired and former members of guild is taking up space the guild needs
    the example guild has 4 neighborhoods and does not want to buy another
    someone left their guild and has no intentions of moving their plot

lets look at your summary
    Evictions are cool
    anyone who disagrees is drunk talking to a wall.

Thanks for your contribution
  13. Allayna Augur

Saying it over and over doesn't make it true, princess.
  14. Tornicade_IV Augur

How is it not true?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Owner clubs which is not pictured is guild ranks. and fellowship.

Fairly easy to set up a guild protocol in regards to neighborhoods. and quite easy to sublet properties with the permission system.
    as to tribute trophies someone brought up before.
    Trophies do have to be placed on a property owned by the toon.

I am against an carte blanche evict option. I would not be opposed to a one time use guild evict writ that cost 500-5k DB cash to utilize.

even still I can see multiple situations where a person has donated a neighborhood to a guild and then gets evicted from the neighborhood they paid for.

That doesn't sit right with me.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

How many random people are just forking over 25 bucks to buy neighborhoods for their guild? Lets be honest here most guild leaders have already done this in an attempt to recruit new members initially. Even if some random joe does decide they want to buy a neighborhood that they are a member of and not the leader and creator of that is on them and is really not the most intelligent move. If a member is given permission to upgrade the guild hall and they spend the money to do so and then for what ever reason they leave the guild should they be able to keep access the guild hall and utilize the resources within it? The logical answer here is no in case you were wondering. They purchased these things in the name of the guild and therefor they are community property not personal property at this point just like in a marriage. If you get a divorce (no longer in guild) you don't just get to keep on using all the same crap you did while you were married. In this case the guild keeps the car, land, kids and well you get to take your personal belongings and find another guild to marry if you choose.

Guild neighborhoods are designed for guild members. If you are no longer a member of said guild why should you have access to things offered to members of that guild. I never implied that guild members were employees and guilds are corporations I used an analogy that I feel works rather well for this situation. Why in the world should someone who is no longer associated with a guild still be able to access that guilds neighborhood and utilize their resources without the guilds permission? There is no logical reasoning behind this unless the guild is open to allowing someone not in their guild to buy property and take up their land. By your own omission there are neighborhoods open for the general public to buy plots and place houses. Those not in a guild or who have left a guild should utilize the public housing market which is what it is designed for. The whole concept of a guild is unity and your idea of spreading guild members across multiple neighborhoods does anything but unify them. Its still mind blowing to me why anyone who has left a guild would even want to retain a house there except for out of vengeance towards that guild and to take up their limited number of plots. Maybe this is your own underlying issue here? Honestly I don't see how any logical person can support non guilded members taking up a guilds plot without permission from the guild itself.
    Caell likes this.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

This is about allowing access to property that is already owned and has nothing to do with an empty plot already in a guild neighborhood. The guild leader has no way of restricting who buys plots without physically buying all of them which would require them to make dozens of toons and then giving permission to people as they see fit to each individual house. Permission to owned land and having a tool to restrict or puschase options are two different things. The first one currently exists in game and the later don't.
    Allayna likes this.
  17. Maedhros High King

Yikes, I think it is fair to say that you have adequately posted your... opinion, so thanks for that.
    Bottom line is that people who are no longer in the guild should be able to be removed from the neighborhoods that belong to the guild.
    Caell likes this.
  18. Tornicade_IV Augur

Why not? I give former members access to the hall all the time when they didn't buy the guild hall.

but then again if a member bought a hall and is leaving a guild.. why wouldn't they take it with them ?
    I have a casual guild of a few hundred returning players.

If I decided to join a raiding guild at some point. I can transfer ownership to an alt and set up permissions for ranks to do anything I could of done.

If I have 3 or house in neighborhoods I bought.. Wh would I want to move all those plots to the raiding guild

I wouldn't. I would set up a house in the new guild neighborhood and a door to nowhere to my other properties. and I would still have access to my other hall.

Why because ymy new raiding guild doesn't care about a bunch of returning toons who cant raid.. while I do because I think a community guild experience for returning players helps retain returning players.

Your in a land of alts, boxes, Personal guilds, community guilds. raiding guilds

All those factors need to be considered when implementing a change and how they are impacted.

Not just hey this is how the big raiding guild on my server does it so everyone needs to roll this way.

In the example above. I certainly don't want to make a co leader who runs around and evict any of my former members homes ( although the devs did that quite well when they broke one of my neighborhoods which I still have yet to petition back)

We get it. raid guilds deal with 50-70 active players who burn out or leave and must be replaced and they have massive loads of drops coming in from any raiding event. so they are more focused on active contributors

but not all guilds are set up that way nor should they be,

I have added 200 toons to my guild since January. should they all decide to get houses ( so far not many have they don't have the excess inventory to require one) and fill out the lots. then either I or someone else will need to add another neighborhood. but at some point I would take control of managing these plots.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Good for you giving access to people but that is your decision if you are the leader. Some leaders might not want their hall and their land opened up to everyone. Just because you are fine doing this does not mean everyone is. Maybe someone left the guild on bad terms which does happen.

I am not a raider and not in a raid guild or even a big guild for that matter but even our small guild ran into this issue several years back. We had people who had left for the bigger raid guilds but decided to continue to take up our plots. This is not a raid guild vs non raid guild issue its a limited plots for actual guild members vs non guild members issue. The main reason I initially made my own alt guild and bought my own neighborhood was because after purchasing two plots they were all gone. Nobody new to the guild or anyone currently in the guild who wanted to buy a plot could do so without someone forking over more money just so people who are no longer in the guild can keep their plots. Dozens of plots were being taken up by people who were no longer in the guild and some of which had altercations with our leader and were not welcome back.

Maybe the eviction process should have a 30 day warning before it is finalized and an in game email as well as an email sent to a persons personal email on file is sent. This would give the individual due notice that they should save their layout and move their house if they are interested in keeping things as they are. Your examples you provided are where you are still a member of the guild via alts and have not actually left the guild. I don't think that is the issue at hand here since you personally are still a member of the guild even though one of your toons has maybe moved on to raid. If the leader accidently evicts someone not realizing the owner is an active alt there should be an option to take back the eviction although if people utilize their guild notes to state alts this should not be an issue in most cases.
  20. Warpeace Augur

If they get evicted for lack of escrow all their belongings are mailed to them in an eviction crate. No reason this should not work the same for a guild leader to force an eviction.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.