suggestion: unlock tds

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Feb 28, 2018.

1. svann Augur

New tanks have a problem. Cliff Stones are rare as hell, especially for a tank that is not ready to tank T2 names. And the weaker substitute Geomantic Steelstone is locked behind a progression that is 3 expacs old. That is - they cant get to the zone it drops in until they do the TDS progression path. So a new tank needs to do both eok progression and TDS progression. I think thats asking too much. Open TDS. Think of the noobs.
    Daedly likes this.
  2. Zarzac Augur

For a while, they were pretty good at unlocking anything 3+ expansions old. I think they should really get back to that system.
  3. Goodn Augur

This was asked about and answered multiple times at the start of RoS.

Old expansion unlocks do not occur at new expansion release. They occur at the start of the EQ anniversary...which is March 16th according to /calendar.

If TDS is still locked after then, you can resurrect this (and several other threads). Until then, just relax and play with the wildlife on Brother's Island.
  4. Monkman Augur

I'd prefer to see plane of war unlocked to be quite honest. I'm not one to take handouts or beg devs to fix stuff that seems unnecessary. But it's cotf era, nearly 0 exp and if you think getting folks to grind out tds progression is hard, try powar. With the quests the way they are it's very difficult for folks who stopped mid quest to sort out where they stopped. There's a lot of great rewards from that zone but it seems like most that have finished progression there never want to do it again. I myself have been waiting for a double faction weekend to grind out some more faction but even with that I doubt I'll see the grandmaster chess board for quite some time.

There's also the issue of fairness to those who put in the time when it was current and that's one of the reasons I can see them not unlocking it. Just
    My 2cp.. it's a fun zone but it's like pulling teeth trying to get folks to work on anything there.
  5. Maedhros High King

Not to downplay the idea because I don't care if they unlock TDS or not but I was able to molo my berz at 105 up to combine dredge in a day or two of minimal effort. A tank at 110 should have no issues at all.
    Also I think you're having bad luck with RNG. I've got 8 Cliff stones and have been giving them to my alts when no mains speak up when I offer them in guild chat. Haven't been going hard core at hunters yet either.
    I hope your luck turns and you're drowning in Cliff stones soon.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I remember powar being quite fast to unlock(except for the final room), there is a bit of running, but if you can get the bow crafted for you, and get help with some of the encounters, then its quickly done. A few hours total I think.

I wouldn't mind if they unlocked powar though, but it is my impression that "locked zones" gets unlocked after awhile, while "locked doors" in zones, stay locked. :confused:
  7. Lianeb Augur

Absolutely no way to unlock the grandmaster in a couple of hours. More like a couple of weeks, I might even go as low as a couple of days but that is doubtful
  8. ptah Augur

HMM imo the linked progression is aid returning players to path they can do.. so linking TDS to EOK to ROS is natural path. If you missed it.. yes getting other to assist could be a pain.. please no easy buttons to eq.. live the game..play the line. if opening it helps and not creates the next post.. eok is too hard.. idk.. you gotta start somewhere.

Plane of war.. what a rewarding zone this is.. but clearly the gamer based doesn't enjoy it. would an xp mod to trash repop these treasure zone? interest thought.. make it a 1 month hotzone with a ros t2 mod or whatever is reward. Would players return to adventure here? CP4 is nice.. the ac aug is nice.. the dodge aug is nice.. I'm sure there is others.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Because many don't bother to learn the mechanics. Once you do its cake.
  10. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

dont forget all the circles are from there!!!
  11. Millianna Augur

Not everyone has a toon with TBM or greater. Most of those players probably lack gear and AA to molo the progression. Good luck getting a group for outdated progression.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Not against leaving the progression in place.

Some effort does not hurt players if they want things.
  13. Funk Augur

To get to Combine Dredge takes maybe 3 medium length sessions. Are your tanks really that lazy?

Also didn't they already lower the progression requirements to advance through? Looking at the current achievement window it looks like about half the tasks/missions we had to do when the expansion was current. Been a while though I would be wrong there. Last time I went through seemed very fast though.
  14. Bigfan Augur

Wtf are you on about? Most T2 named are easier than OT named.
    Go to HS or Gor, pick a spot and in week you'll be out of bag space for power sources

Jesus you people are lazy as.
  15. Tornicade_IV Augur

at 102 I unlocked POW in less than 3 hours. I was able to get a tradeskiller to make the bow and the POW mob drops were moloable.

TDS achievements have a lot fo bags to give out. Ive made it to Endless Caverns at this point I plan on going back once I hit 105. Nothing from the content so far leaves me thinking EOK gear is needed.

I don't know about unlocking stuff. it seems like people miss out on the achievement rewards

Either way it doesn't really impact my approach to the expansion since I need to do the progression regardless.

as one of the returning Noobs that the op is so generously speaking for. I thought I would give my 2 cents.

TDS seems tedious though. with their inflated hp's but where else will I get to use my dot set ups.
  16. Sagarmatha Augur

They are lazy, and whiners. It's a common feature of Millenials' EQ.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

If not for the progression, collector and hunter rewards I would have to say that the linear progression in TDS is not great but that is because I consider caverns to be one of the worse if not the worse zone I have ever played in. It took me three different trips to finally wrap up all of the achievements for that zone (quests, hunter and collections) but if there were no rewards outside of just unlocking the next zone I would have been gone the second I unlocked it and if there were no rewards and no need to hunt there to unlock the next zone I would have left that place after an hour of game play. Achievements aside forcing people to play in content they don't enjoy is not a great design. I don't object to linear progression but at least make sure the zones are not riddled with bugs and horrible pathing issues if you are going to force them to kill there before moving onto more enjoyable content.
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Unlocking TDS zones after 3 expansions and a level increase is a more than reasonable ask.
    Axxius likes this.
  19. Remnant New Member

I wouldn't mind seeing an account based progression system.

Would it really be that hard to flag achievements for an account rather then just a single character? I'm sure it'll take a bit of coding but as long as one character has the achievement, it'd be nice if it was just flagged for the account.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Thats why I added "except for the final room"
    Hailing the sphinxes, getting the diamond, delivering the bow and killing the justicator(sp?) twice, is doable in a couple of hours.
    I still hope they unlock both TDS and powar though, it would make it much easier to set up groups there. :)