Coirnav Progression Server - Coming March 16, 2018!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dahaman Augur

If there is a 2x or 3x XP rate difference, that will actually show up with only a single kill of a mob.

Phinny: Level 2 critter gives 5% to a level 2 character.
    Ragefire: Level 2 critter gives 5-6% to a level 2 character.

There could be a max XP gain per kill mechanic that is throwing off the data.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  2. Dahaman Augur

I found an old Phinny XP thread that should indicate the Coirnav XP rate. The below data looks to indicate that Ragefire (now) is roughly 2.5x Coirnav XP rate to be. Coirnav is supposed to match Phinny just after the XP rate bump time (which is the Post-Patch) data below.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/xp-changes-post-patch.230813/

Combat XP Phinigel - White Cons @ level 1

Pre-Patch
    1 Kill - 2%
    2 kill - 4%
    3 kill - 7%
    4 kill - 9%
    5 kill - 11%
    6 kill - 13%
    7 kill - 16%
    8 kill - 18%
    9 kill - 20% EVEN

Post-Patch
    1 kill - 3%
    2 kill - 5%
    3 kill - 8%
    4 kill - 11%
    5 kill - 14%
    6 kill - 17%
    7 kill - 20% (Slightly less than 1 full yellow)
    Thanks to Ducreax for compiling the above data.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Very nice! Now we just need the same data from Agnarr to help put it in perspective:

Level 1 Human Monk, Qeynos Hills. All white-con mobs:
    5%
    10%
    15%
    21%!!!

So it's going to go twice as slow on Corny Knave as on Agnarr? You need to farm twice as many mobs between levels?

Just say "NO" to slower exp!
    SithWizard and Yimin like this.
  4. Zansobar Augur

My fault, I forgot that Phinny got a second bump in XP gain when GoD released, which is NOT the XP rate we will be having on Coirnav at release. That XP rate will not be experienced on Coirnav until GoD releases on it down the road. It is my recollection that Coirnav will be about half the speed of Agnarr maybe a little faster than that but quite a bit noticeably slower than Agnarr. Which is quite worrisome since no one I know has been requesting even slower XP rates. There already isn't near enough time to level alts during the 12 week unlocks as is...unless you box multiple accounts at the same time.
  5. Dahaman Augur

It's interesting to note that the Gates XP bump was +100% to +150% XP increase. That's a significant bump.

Did any other expansion introduce an additional global XP rate increase? The XP rate was increased at some point again, as compared to live servers, but I have no idea when. Just curious...
  6. Grimble99 New Member

There is an exp gain cap per kill. You could have received 10% per kill and had 5% chopped off.
  7. Grimble99 New Member

Really hope they announce FV loot rules to Coirnav before launch.
    Dexar and Yimin like this.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

That would mean that Corny Knave would be even slower? I make pukeface.
  9. Yimin Augur

You and me both ...

Yimin
    Dexar likes this.
  10. Zansobar Augur

You, him, and myself make three!
  11. Sad Panda Elder

this is just a bigger cash grab.
    Less exp just means more exp pots purchased. plain and simple. Columbus Nova/DBG likes the higher dollar per user. Good business for them.
    SithWizard likes this.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Yeah...but since they have the same user pool, I suspect there will be diminishing returns as we all catch on. I know I'm a lot more hesitant to commit to playing on this server (beyond the opening week - that's always fun), and spending any money on it, now that I know that it is a slowed-down re-run that will almost certainly be replaced next year.
  13. Malicre Journeyman

Yeah i think daybreak will be disappointed with the lack of people playing coirnav, i know a lot of people irl that usually check out all new TLP servers but won't be playing this one just because its the same old we had on phinni. i actually think that after this one bombs daybreak will make a FV ruleset tlp within the next 6 months to try and recoup some loses that coirnav gave them.
  14. Yarteb Elder

There will be a crowd of us still.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  15. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

Ragefire XP and FV Loot tules would make me resub, and I would still chug those xp pots - but not this.
    Yimin likes this.
  16. Dragon Jockey Lorekeeper

Looking forward to playing on the new server, with the rest of the crowd. Hoping it's a normal progression server, with the normal loot rules, etc, as I just want a normal progression server experience, but starting at the beginning of the server.
  17. Roxxlyy Augur

18. Majyn New Member

Can you confirm that it is intentional that click-from-bag be excluded from Coirnav at launch?
  19. potatoface Journeyman

"Hotbar revamps (but not item clicking in bags)"

OR

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-february-21-2018.247316/

" Many UI features are no longer expansion restricted on Progression Servers including but not limited to: clicking items from bags..."

Which one is it then?

We have such a fondness for punishment, playing on the TLPs... every little scrap of hope is punished almost immediately with a nerf. Worse xp in some unnamed zones, better in others. Bag mysteries. MOTM vs. casuals.

Pass me the whip, I need to flagellate myself for thinking impure bag click thoughts.
  20. trav6170 New Member

Will the server be launching at 2pm PST? Or can we expect a different time?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.