WTB Evict Option for Guild Neighborhoods

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allayna Augur

People who have long since retired or left the guild or server should not make me have to drop real money to buy a new neighborhood.

Before the debate starts....almost all of these people have cost free housing, like the wayward lady, the bixie hive, the evantil abode...
    potatoface, Jiggs, Jhenna_BB and 2 others like this.
  2. Arcos Lorekeeper

Yes please, atm if you are looking to grief your current guild as you leave or are just too lazy to clean up after yourself the easy way is to rent a plot - add a few years of rent - and change guilds or even servers. You just permanently reduced their amount of available housing.

Arcos
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

True this. At 71 plots a guild could easily fill up the neighborhood but since this has been an problem since at least 2012 and the powers that be have taken a stance that any guild issues are hands off as far as booting inactive people/leaders then I doubt there would be any fix anytime soon. Does not matter that they don't have rent plots or houses that they can get evicted from since that (rent due eviction) doesn't work right either. At least they have some nice houses to make the neighborhood look nice. Unlike that tar paper shack from the housing quest. :D
  4. Felicite Augur

This seems pretty common sense that a Guild Neighborhood should be for people in the Guild. And it doesn't seem unreasonable for the Guild to be able to manage the property.
    potatoface likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Never.

1) No one likes homeowners' associations.

2) It's my god (Solusek Ro) given right to be "that house" in the neighborhood.
    MasterMagnus and eqgamer like this.
  6. Ninelder Augur

I was not aware that a player who is not in the guild could own property in one. I know that in our guild collections and pet gear houses if the person leaves the guild or server, the next time i go into house management it tells me that those players were removed.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Evict their butts!
  8. fransisco Augur

Couldn't you remove them from the guild? That would stop them from owning property wouldnt it?
  9. Goodn Augur

Hopefully clearing up some misconceptions...

Guild status does not matter for ownership of a plot inside a guild neighborhood. Guild status does matter when purchasing a plot (aka you must be a member of that guild at time of purchase). Guild status does not matter when your plot goes into 30 day arrears (the time your escrow runs out till you are evicted). If evicted, you have zero rights to the plot and if no longer in guild, you cannot purchase it back.

**THIS IS A GOOD THING**

This allows players who might be in a raiding/social guild and who also have a lot of alts and a personal guild, to own their own neighborhood (which throws money DBG's way). The pre-guilded toons need to leave their existing guild temporarily in order to purchase a plot, but can return once the plot for the personal guild neighborhood is owned. This allows a player complete control over a neighborhood (which they had to purchase) and should be allowed to continue.

Unless something has changed, no dwelling can remove the regular plot upkeep costs. So those people who are not guilded are paying for the plot upkeep. Unfortunately, that is usually very small...and it doesn't preclude them from adding more to escrow at any time. But if they are truly gone from game, then eventually they will be evicted (of course if you dropped 10k chronobines in escrow, you might have to wait 30 years...).

Knowing zero about the code behind the neighborhoods (if guild neighborhoods are a thing in EQ2 and someone familiar wants to step in and explain how EQ2 handles this, please), I have zero idea if this is possible, and more importantly, how hard it would be to implement without breaking the current set up (players not having to be in a guild to maintain plots in a guild neighborhood). My guess is it is not simple.

I would prefer that there is an understanding with DBG customer support that a guild leader (and only the guild leader) could petition for an eviction of a player who is no longer in the guild. A simple check can reveal if player is in guild or not, and if not, the player is evicted. This should not happen that often and I believe the tools already exist to do this behind the scenes.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Nuttann Elder

That does not appear to be totally accurate according to my observations.

House purchased from vendor in Sunrise - Requires upkeep in addition to the lot upkeep.
    House purchased with Loyalty Crowns - Has no upkeep, but lot upkeep still applies.
    Expansion houses (Bixie Hive, Evantil Tree, and Wayward Lady) - No upkeep and seems to cover plot upkeep also. Not sure if that was intended, but could be a bonus for purchasing the expensive expansion pack.

I only use for storage, so have no other upkeep that would apply, simply the lot and house. The expansion houses show "unlimited" for time and I have no money in escrow.

I tested and had wife's account place a house from loyalty vendor. That had no upkeep from the house, but as soon as placed, manage showed it having a small cost (assuming due to plot). The next day there was an escrow expiration warning.

That doesn't affect your overall post and suggestions as you already pointed out that someone could have enough in escrow to cover for years.
    potatoface likes this.
  11. Goodn Augur

You might be right. I only have the Hermit Hideaway (the LoN card reward) and that still gives me a upkeep cost of the plot when I look at the management screen (the hideaway is free and then some...will also pay for a few of the trade skill containers with upkeep). I actually went and looked at Allayna's tree and saw the same plot upkeep. But maybe it just shows the plot upkeep without actually charging (...I cannot remember how many chronobines I started with in my hideaway house plot...) or maybe she has upkeep items inside her tree. In any case, could most definitely be wrong with the special ones.

Would definitely not be above DBG to make the expansion extras extra special vs other things.
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

suck it up and get a 2nd writ.
  13. Maedhros High King

If a guild leader can boot a player from the guild, he or she should absolutely be able to evict a player from a plot in the neighborhood which belongs to the guild. It should not matter if they are in the guild or not, but there is no reason whatsoever that a guild leader does not have the power to boot players from the guild neighborhood that are no longer in the guild.
    I have petitioned in the past to remove players that have moved on for various reasons but are eating up a plot and been denied.
    There are indeed houses that do not have a daily upkeep cost and can stay for free virtually forever.
    Players can also log in and pay for their plot out of spite indefinitely, long after they are no longer in the guild.

There needs to be a simple feature change to the plot management tool that only is accessible to the guild leader. The move out feature should be able to be toggled by the guild leader for any plot in the guilds neighborhood. The items on the plot would be placed in a moving crate and parceled to their owner. The plot would then be available for purchase by any player in the guild that has not reached their owned plot cap. Problem solved.
    Liljit and Felicite like this.
  14. wingz-83 Augur

And leave all these EQ vets homeless? No thanks.

I don't need those signs in POK for Homeless Vets pls donate plat.

Next thing you know we'll start seeing ads...For just 7 copper a day, you too can save a homeless EQ Veteran from being thrown out on the street from a guild that no longer wants them.

Help stop EQ Homelessness today.

#HomelessEQVets
    Kaenneth, Kedra Leafwalker and Zamiam like this.
  15. Maedhros High King

I get that youre trying to be funny, but as a US Army Vet to me it is not even remotely amusing to make a joke about the thousands of homeless military veterans trying to survive in this country.
    Not impressed.
  16. Zamiam Augur

lol take a chill pill dude .. no where does he mention Military vets .. its EQ bro .. i thought it was hilarious.
    oh and P.S. not every homeless person is a VET ..
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  17. Maedhros High King

You're dense.
    His implication was extremely obvious.
    It is true, many people are homeless that are not military vets. However, his joke was pretty directly related to vets, not crackheads or any other subgroup of homeless persons.
    It was a joke in poor taste and I do not require a chill pill.
  18. Zamiam Augur

yes you do .. and im done with this thread ..
    Risiko and MasterMagnus like this.
  19. wingz-83 Augur

You are aware this very part of the forum is called "The Veterans' Lounge" right? You might be new here.
    Risiko and MasterMagnus like this.
  20. Tornicade_IV Augur

The guild neighborhoods belong to the guild not the guild leader.
    There is no need for a guild leader to have an evict option. the guild already has an option and that's to get another neighborhood.
    In fact I would much rather have the option to allow non guild members into the neighborhood than to evict.
    MasterMagnus and wingz-83 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.