DBG shadiness

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gatts, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Pharone Elder

The only reason something like that goes up in prices is because people are buying it. If you want it to come down in price, then you (and a lot of other people along with you) have to choose not to buy it.

It's simple Supply and Demand in action.

Developers do not set these sorts of things. You are attacking a group of individuals for whom likely have zero input on what you are complaining about.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  2. Lily Augur

I don't think it was shady that they increased the price to 1750 shortly after putting the Artisan's Prize in the game. I think it was low. What I think is shady is that they raised it again to 2500, and then immediately put it ON SALE for 1750. Coincidence? Not so much. I know a store in my area that does the same thing, and I don't shop there anymore. One week the regular price is $5, the next it's $10, but hey, it's half price that week!
  3. Ninelder Augur

I hate scumbags who do this crap, and i avoid them as well. Its a con-game version of "anchoring" and its illegal in some civilized countries. There should be laws to protect the people, even the stupid ones who fall for these tricks.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The fact that this potion was ever made available on the marketplace was a big disappointment.

Tradeskilling should always have some RNG component and trying to buy your way past that with this potion is lame.

I'm glad it doesn't work fully on ROS combines. Eat the fails and farm more tradeskill drops like Tunare intended.
  5. TheStugots Augur

HOW is it shady when they show you what the current price is? I don't understand this way of thinking.

So what, the local store sold something for $5 last week and it's now $10. must have sold extremely well. Don't blame them.

DBG raised the price to 1750 and probably saw that it did not lower sales. So, they raised it..and guess what...if people continue to buy at 2500, it'll probably go up again.

Deal with it or don't buy it. Just don't and cry about it.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Yeah it's like when McDonalds took 1 slice of cheese off of the Double Cheeseburger and re-named it the McDouble. Then eventually they upped the price on that too!

I personally like Burger King or Whataburger though. Burger King burgers have a more distinct taste but Whataburger burgers have a really great shape to them, plus they're a pretty decent burger.

In N Out I think is overrated.
  7. YellowBelly Augur

Isn’t that $25.00 when converted to usd? Holy Moley.

Reminds me of Nintendo trying to sell cardboard for $75.00. lol.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

This is exactly what this thread is..

The drought potion amps your power by making sure if you fail you get stuff back. (Thats an i win button aka power) if you fail a combine..

Wanting that capability.. Yet then crying.. Because it is not cost effective for you. Thats a slight against you for not being able to pay for your addiction .. Not a slight against the company or game of which your addicted too..

Get a guuder job..
    Eonan likes this.
  9. segap Augur

If you're using the drought to get to 300 tradeskills, it just means it's now more cost effective to buy a Krono to get plat to buy more mats than it is to get the drought to prevent needing to buy more mats.

The underlying issue still remains - doing tradeskills is about the most mundane and boring thing one could possibly do in a game. People looking for ways around doing it is a sign how little fun most people get from doing them.
  10. TheStugots Augur

It's a good thing tradeskills are optional. Do them or don't. Simple!

If you think they're boring, and not worth the boredom, don't do it. If that boring grind is worth it to you, do it, don't about it after the fact.
  11. Tucoh Augur

They should put out a new tradeskill quest this summer that's only available during hardcore heritage and make the combine failure rate really high and expensive.

Then up craftsman draught cost to $50 for the entire duration of hardcore heritage.
  12. Lily Augur

I think you missed the point. They aren't actually selling it for $10. They're making you think you're getting a deal by marking it 50% off (the new price) of $10. And that makes it exactly the same price as when it's not on sale for half off. When the sale is done, it's back to $5.
  13. Horyuken Augur

Lily where do you get the post sale pricing of items? I didn't know this was posted or do you know someone in the Day Break accounting department?
  14. Lily Augur

I made an analogy about a store in my area.
  15. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

That's not how analogies work.
  16. Horyuken Augur

So you don't know the final price of the potion?
  17. Beggly Augur

I was wondering why I wasn't bothering to buy it any more....
  18. Brohg Augur

Everyone commenting on this thread recognizes that for 10 years you couldn't even log in without subscribing for cash money, right?
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

I wonder how many folks complaining about the price increase (a bit high IMHO) are upset because it impacts their ability to make items to sell for a profit. I have no way of knowing but given human nature it seems reasonable to ask the question.
  20. Demandred Elder

Wow it’s been a long time since visited these forums. Paid my dues to eq. Quit with some nerds and an auto grant. Life’s better, you guys don’t need this abuse. I read you defending dbg, mocking others. So deep in your addiction and dependant on the abusive validation.

Same ol eq

At least when Netflix raised prices it was given plenty of notice and Netflix actually provides new content. I’ll stop Netflix when they remove half of Fuller House episodes And then offer a new higher price for the same old terrible reboot. (Nerf, launch expansion, repeat)

But then that’s just my thought and I’m definitely no college educated, elitists, brainwashed, Stockholm syndrome, economist...just a former eq addict. From outside view if it’s not shady it’s lazy at least