(Jeweled) Sarnak Focus of the Elemental Deathseeker

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ssdar, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Ssdar Augur

In the patch notes discussion, Ngreth posted that the timer on the Elemental Modulation click on this item will firmly remain in conflict with robe clicks, however I was wondering if there was any chance of the click itself changing to a different effect entirely. As it stands I don't see it being a used click effect by any classes as the class specific robe effects are much more useful, so I wanted to open up discussion on potential other options in hope that we can maybe get some more use out of this chase item.

Personally my thought was maybe it could have a nuke click along the same line as the Dark Shield of the Scholar from the Hate's Fury anniversary event. This would also make it more comparable to the priest VP chase item as it has a heal click.

Anyone else have any ideas of a replacement click, and Ngreth, any chance you would be willing to change the click entirely?
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel, Maedhros and Yinla like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I suggested a clicky nuke when this discussion came up before. As it stands no one is going to be using this clicky, so it would be nice to get it changed to something useful rather than leave it as a something which never gets used.
  3. Cicelee Augur

People cry about mana regen. Developers create an item that gives back 7500 mana every six minutes, or 75 thousand mana back over the course of an hour. Players cry about that.

Developers give up.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No one is cry, just trying to open a conversation to change something which isn't as useful as other items from VP.

If it was better than the robe or stacked with the robe then maybe, as it is now it won't get used. Personally I'd rather get it changed to something useful that will be used.
    svann likes this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Really don't see why these "Chase Items" would have a click that shares a BP timer. They should be worth using and have a purpose.

Could easily support those classes with this conflict getting a different effect so the items are wanted and used.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Ninelder Augur

The priest one is useless too, it has the same effect and cast/recast as the Manisi branch.

So unless you don't have one of the better 1 hander's and a tome of obulus and you want to give up your shield, which priests usually don't, then managed to still make it to VP anyway....

Not sure why they went to the trouble of designing an item that no one will use.
  7. svann Augur

IDK, maybe its for people that werent around to do eok when it was shiny.
  8. Ninelder Augur

Well the manisi branch is from an open EoK zone. It is actually wearable if the priest has a worse range item.

RoS pretty much requires you to have done EoK, Then the two hander comes from a drop off a named in the end-flag-blocked-zone that then opens a quest for you to get that gives you the same click on an item you would never actually equip. You see what I mean here?
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The raid version has a 50k heal instead of 40k, so if you upgrade it to the Jeweled version it is better then Manisi.
    adetia likes this.
  10. svann Augur

11. Ninelder Augur

Good to know that it will one day be a useful component to those raiders who get to VP!
  12. Cadira Augur

So, just got my staff tonight and found this was the case for my wizard. The idea that this would share a time with bp clicky is...very hard to fathom. I had to take a step back and regain composure after making this realization. Mod rods don't share a timer with bp clicks, this is a mod rod effect, and it's not even on a bp. Just a 2hd blunt.

I'd like Ngreth to "firmly" take another look at the logic behind this and either open it up or make the click something else, or even remove the click as to not be a slap in the face to the four classes that can, but never will use it.
  13. Szilent Augur

Slap In The Face has been called!

Best caster primary in game - equivalent to physically assaulting Cadira!
    Cadira likes this.
  14. Cadira Augur

The Audacity!

But am I wrong? Is this the only chase item in VP that has a seemingly worthless clicky? Katana has a run speed buff, melee 2hd'er ports you and has cool ae proc, priest hammer has the clicky heal, skull of null has the perma rune for spell damage and dispell.

Casters get a worthless clicky (or extremely rare circumstance as far as i can tell) and a proc that is apparently less dps than Rod of Ri`zyr (not sure exactly but that's what the experts say) although returns some mana.
  15. smash Augur

You sounds like that you say: Casters are getting nothing, the melee gets some cool stuff.

I gotta say, I would really hope that ALL melee got some cool stuff. Most of the melee might have got, however there some who has not got some cool stuff, like monks/beastlords, monks might be able to use the 2hb, and get good effects on it, beastlords, it is bad, since 2hb is not very good for them. Also, beastlords cannot use the 1hs
  16. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Actually, you can upgrade it to raid version as soon as you beat any RoS raid and acquire a Flawless Conflagrant Diamond (6 of which drop from all RoS raids).
  17. kizant Augur

The sympathetic proc isn't worse. It does the same damage and returns some mana. Plus it'll probably get resisted a little less. It's the melee proc that doesn't benefit from a +100 proc mod like most caster 2hb have. But most casters are allergic to melee anyway. I don't know about other classes but the click effect is pretty rarely useful for wizards. However, the small mana return on the proc is still nice and I use it from time to time.
  18. Cadira Augur

Sure, I agree the focus and stats are pretty good, I just think there is no logic as to why the clicky has to be on the same timer as the bp. What's one more perma mod rod for 7.5k mana every 6 minutes? It'd be a really neat little clicky to reward those who got through VP and went through the steps to make it.