Live Update Bugs 02/21/18

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Mr. Froo Developer

Were you able to reproduce this? I could not internally or on Live servers.
  2. smash Augur

Swapping mercs.

Could not switch merc on a char, had to log out, could switch merc on first char, not second.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

They may be referring to https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-159 which affects the Quest Journal (Alt-Q). I don't know if it also affects the newer Task Overlay window.
  4. segap Augur

5. klanderso Developer

I've got an internal fix for the the issue with failed combines not returning tools, and am testing it thoroughly to make sure it's for realsies fixed :)
    Risiko, Eaiana and Sancus like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've always used backspace (last 17 years), how else do you open maps?
  7. Siny Augur

The reward for RoS Challenger : I cycled thru all the options for the 1hander ornament and tried them in Soultrapper each time (to see if I liked any). All worked except one-Transforming sword of Skyfire Ornamentation wouldnt go in, the error being "The item does not satisfy the augments restrictions".

I relogged and cycled thru all the options again as a double check and it still didnt work.

All options for the shield and bow ornaments work fine.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

As noted in another thread (apologies for not joining the existing thread), one of my characters cannot access the map, or map tools in all zones. I can in PoK for instance, but not in Lceanium. Already tried deleting all character files with no success and rebooting, validating, etc. It is not a game breaking thing but is annoying and popped up after the latest patch. I have bugreported it.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Gorowyn mission is according to the quest-window, taking place in chardok. Seems like a bug.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Tevraii Journeyman

Mercuric ore only stacks to 100.
  11. Aanuvane Augur

Not sure that's a bug - it used to not stack at all. For those items that used to not stack at all, I think most of them were limited to 100 (not all, but most?)
  12. Nuggzie New Member

I was not, died a few times during raid but the problem never happened again (same circumstances). Was a 1 time glitch I guess. Thanks for checking! Btw, any thoughts to the audio issues we are experiencing? Seems to be one of the few issues that hasn't been acknowledged.
  13. Imak Augur

Mob name is "a tempest toad" and tracking puts it at location (0,0) with some far away z-axis coordinate. Dev-niente exchanged PMs with me and investigation found a number of mobs piled up at (0,0) way up high on the mountaintop beyond an invisible wall -- an area inaccessible to players.

So I was wrong about it spawning underworld. Its sky high instead. Problem confirmed. All good, no worries :)
  14. doah Augur

I logged onto an alt that had glooming deep newby quests. logged back onto my main toon and my task window looks like the following now.

[IMG]
  15. Prathun Developer

This issue is mostly rares and mostly NPCs from Broken Mirror. These NPCs are scaling as they always have, which happens to be 5 levels too high. They were 7-9 levels higher than the max player and should have been 2-4. It's more obvious now because many of them are still red even though the HAs have stopped scaling at 105.

We're going to lower the following NPCs' levels by 5. I think this catches them all, but please let us know if there are other HA NPCs that are much higher level than they should be.

NAME
    Citizen Pain
    Arsin the Blaze
    Gurndal the Graceful
    wisp of decay
    an otherworldly spirit
    Rusank
    Seraphina
    Bilemonger
    Pestilent Warmaster
    Putrid Brute
    Vomitous
    Spine Eater
    Grinder
    Render
    High Guard Vnayyanye
    Risiko, Cannikin, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  16. DruidCT Augur

I deny that Vomitous exists. :)
    High Voltage and Prathun like this.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

"M" for me - whatever you set it to in options.
    Better get rid of backspace soonish for that 13th spellslot if you, like me, start with 1 - or for the 14th when you start at the key left of the 1...
  18. Parsli Journeyman

Two major bugs related to VT:

Boss NPCs in instanced VT/ instanced Emp in ssratemple are not leashing or death touching people outside of their aggro radius. Currently a stream of people exploiting this on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/cabdru

Boss NPCs in Vex Thal get MOTM dispelled from them when they leash, during the process of having all their buffs stripped, allowing the bosses to be tanked by pets.

Please investigate.
    Prathun likes this.
  19. Prathun Developer

Not sure what you mean about not death touching people outside of their aggro radius. Can you clarify?

Good catch with the NPCs deleting their own MotM on tether. We will take a look. This doesn't change the NPC's aggro behavior.
  20. Parsli Journeyman

In open world, the NPCs are death touching anyone (ie; player kills themselves) that stands outside of the room's radius while being on a boss' aggro list - and after, the NPC teleports to its leashed location and strips itself of all of its buffs.

In instanced Vex Thal, and Instanced Emperor, the leash mechanic is entirely missing, as is the death touch. Both of these mechanics are present in open world. The instanced versions are missing the leash mechanic entirely. NPCs can be pulled to the zonein, no death touch and no leash/tether.