Coirnav Progression Server - Coming March 16, 2018!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithWizard Elder

Reading some of the replies on threads is quite interesting. It is like looking at a police lineup and being to identify the criminals. :) So far there are no Lex Luthor types, mostly Solomon Grundy.
  2. Lord Zev New Member

Chop Chop lets get these servers up!
  3. Yimin Augur

I wish this server was free trade like Brekt or FV ...

YiMin
  4. bebeto New Member

u still playing?
    come back em :)
  5. Yimin Augur

Get Real Faith together again on this server hehe :)

YiMin
  6. Metanis Bad Company

I've never had any interest in playing TLP. It's always been enough to keep pushing my cleric to get all the boxes checked.

But having said that, I've always wondered how it would have felt to play some other class during those early, heady days of EQ when everything was a mystery, including how the classes worked and their purposes.

I would probably play on a server that offered guided explorations of every character and race. I say guided because trying to discover all the "secrets" of a class requires entirely too much time reading forums posts, parsing logs, and getting slammed in game for being such a noob.

Back in the day I didn't mind all those fishing expeditions, but today I'd want the first 85 levels to be in the form of a friendly tutorial that gently, but expertly, guided me into maximizing the potential of the class.

Just my 2 coppers about TLP...
  7. Rosi New Member

how much longer till the game is back up?
  8. Trizek Augur

Safe to assume its what its always been since Ragefire with DBG.

If you do the damage, you get the kill. There are no camps. Players can and often do respect them, but if you want to get technical, all you have to do is out damage the others and the mob is yours.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I'd like to add that while I always try to respect camps, on the TLP/temporary servers I have played on, there is a very high likelihood that you will experience kill stealing and even outright grieffing almost every day. There are entire guilds that pride themselves on not respecting camps and common courtesies. I could not count the number of times I was approached by players, feigning friendliness and companionship, only to kill steal the mob I was camping once it spawned. Oh - and you'll love it when you're camping a multi-hour or multi-day spawn and somebody logs in next to you, like clockwork, just minutes before your mob spawns, and tries to steal it from you.

The farmers and competitive guilds have these servers on lock, and if you want to survive, you will have to be willing to compete with them on their terms. Big hitters like SKs and charming classes have a huge advantage. Wild, wild west.
    Sikem and potatoface like this.
  10. EpicMSJ New Member

EQ - the only game I know of that keeps people playing by "allowing" them to start all over again, and again, and again...
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And this is why I quit Agnarr, trying to level in Mistmoor & Guk is impossible when you have level 50+ stealing all the mobs.

DBG really should inforce camps again. Having killed the PHs the named should belong to the person who spawned it, not the high level jerk who stole it and not going to use the loot, but sell it. Either that or bring back the trivial loot code.
  12. Zansobar Augur

WoW is about to do this with the launch of their official classic servers.
  13. superman Augur

+1 fv loot rules
  14. Maddhatter New Member

So will the Coirnav server go online at 0001 hrs PST on 16 March? Or is there a different time scheduled to come online?

I for one am happy to see a new progression server. The last 2 were practice. I'll be there day one.
  15. CM99games Journeyman

I really want to know the start time too. Last year it was 2pm PST on a Wednesday. This year it will be on a Friday which will mean even more people! I've been practicing with different groups and will be there zero hour!

16. Dahaman Augur

Hurrah!

My EQ account has been activated again with a year subscription. I'm all set and ready for Coirnav. Yeah, it's a little early, but I wanted to walk around a bit on other TLPs before I jumped into Coirnav.

I started up a character on Ragefire. There were no people in the starting areas, but it allowed me to get reacquainted with the starting cities with closer to starting NPCs, etc.

Question: Ragefire is... 2x the XP rate that Coirnav will be? 3x? What's a good estimate?
  17. Zansobar Augur

Why not start up a character on Phinny? Phinny is the EXACT same XP rate as Coirnav...furthermore it is the EXACT same server in all other respects as Coirnav too!
  18. Dahaman Augur

The one thing that Coirnav has that Phinny doesn't? The fresh start with everyone else.

I actually do have Phinny characters. I started Phinny when it opened, got up to a level 39ish character, but couldn't (didn't) keep playing at the time.

I thought Phinny got an XP rate increase at Gates expansion release. If it is the same as Coirnav will be on opening, that would be an apples to apples comparison for certain!
  19. Dahaman Augur

Phinny level 1 critters are giving 7-8% XP to a level 1 character.
    Ragefire level 1 critters are giving 7-8% XP to a level 1 character.

Is that the future of Coirnav?
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think you would need to level up higher, say to level 10. Use the same class/race, and hunt in the same noob areas (changing areas at the same level), killing the same type of mobs on each toon. Then, using your gamparse, you can see how many kills it took you for each toon.

EDIT: I don't think level 1 will give you useful data.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.