Feature Request - Bazaar Search Window - Show Only Items I Can Use

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Micaiah, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Micaiah New Member

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post a feature request, but wouldn't it be very convenient if we could select "Show Only Items I Can Use" from the bazaar search window? Currently, the feature is available by browsing inventories on both on NPCs and PCs in the bazaar (traders).

This feature would be very helpful, especially for searching for collectibles which are needed.
    Dewhead, Yinla and IblisTheMage like this.
  2. Micaiah New Member

Is there an in-game feature where something like this should be submitted?
  3. Goodn Augur

Your best bet for a feature request is to post here (which you did), make a /feedback comment in game, and search the Daybreak Community Issue Tracker:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
    to see if someone else has already beat you to the punch.

That said, I think this request has less than zero chance of happening.

First, you realize that there is no in-game system for checking if you have a collectible or not on a vendor (has to be bazaar vendor since collectibles have zero plat value). I just bought a cheap collectible for a toon and collected it. And every single bazaar vendor would still sell me the same collectible with the box checked.

Second, in another thread, Ngreth already stated that the "simple" system of having the game check which spells you have already gotten when redeeming runes is very taxing on the servers. This is why the RoS spell runes do not have that safe guard. If a simple query to a specific toon is taxing, I cannot imagine what searching an entire bazaar full of stuff would do.

Third, it's already in the /bazaar window...set class to yours, set max level to yours...done.

Now, maybe you would want to pull back your request to have a simple button on the /bazaar window interface that would set the class and max level field when you clicked it. That seems like it would be easy-ish to do and get you most of the way there (I think the collectible thing is a non-starter for any idea given what has been said about other seemingly easier tasks). And it does save some time if you often use the /bazaar window across multiple toons.
    Micaiah likes this.
  4. Angahran Augur

Slightly off topic but if checking a single character's spells to see if they have a spell or not is 'taxing' the servers then it sounds like DBG needs to invest a little of the money they are making into upgrading the servers.
  5. Kianara Lorekeeper

It can be easily done, and they already do it in EQ2. Searching the auctions, you can set it to show only collectibles that you need and hide ones you have. So, the "taxing on the servers" argument doesn't really hold any water with me.
  6. Goodn Augur

Repeat after me...THIS IS NOT EQII...THIS IS NOT EQII...

EQII is a completely different code base from EQ. This has been said by developers for EQ time and time again when new features are requested, especially those from other games like EQII.

The spell rune thing is real. AA consolidation was real. They are making changes all the time to lighten the load on servers. I'm not sure EQ cares that the "taxing on the servers" argument holds water with you or not...

Unless you have an actual quote from a current EQ developer that says filtering which collectibles you have collected already is possible and easy to do, I cannot believe that it is "easily done" just because it is in EQII.

This isn't the first time this has been requested. All of this came up before they added the collected/not collected flags on the inspect pages of collectibles. And we got what we got (which was nice, but nowhere near what is being requested).

Here's the quote from Ngreth in the Live Update Bugs 01/17/18 thread:
    Micaiah likes this.