Coirnav Progression Server - Coming March 16, 2018!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zansobar Augur

We won't find that out...until the long run...
  2. rodamusinc New Member

Everquest, Released in 1999. A total amazing game that brought a totally new insight to RPG games.
    Everquest Expansions flood the game with amazing content. A platform that really challenges its players as new Bosses, Amazing Lore, and Raiding challenges awaits.
    Everquest 2 Released, Such great potential, that never really had the essence in what EQ 1 had.
    Everquest TLP released, the Savior of Everquest. Lets bring back old content for players that left so they can relive there past with EQ. A huge success for a small about of time.
    Everquest Next. Cancelled Due to Considered to not be Fun... WTF, Who was smoking Crack. after 1 whole year of awaiting for the release i read that it is cancelled. Super disappointing.
    Everquest Release Agnarr. After recieving an email that agnarr was due to be released. i totally got excited for the release of POP over again. So i painfully joined back into the EQ world and lvled up and lvled up and played all the old crappy content so i can get to PoP. Just a few months away now.. And PoP will be released. Then...

Boom....
    Coirnav Progression Server, - Coming March 16 2018.

:( Supper disappointing, when i read this message it was a Total slap in my face. I mean i do know what this will mean to Agnarr. The population will slowly dwindle, as players move to this new TLP, Retire, or simple stop logging in as much. Lessor quality Guild will now have to merge to do PoP content due to the lack of members that stayed on this server. I mean i was logging in today to have some fun on a day off, and now this crap. DBG I don't get your logic. WHY another TLP servers. Try instead of re- re- re- re-releasing old content, you work on actual IN GAME EXPERIENCES.. Make new Events like when the Trolls invaded the Frogs. Where the game comes alive slowly. Try actually bettering the experience for all players. I understand you need Krono Sales. i am not against you making money. i am all for it. However, you really need to sit down your team of Dev's and your Creation team and really have a talk with them. I mean if i were a CEO of DBG you'd all have a few weeks vacation time for this stunt. You guys have 19 years of creation/ lore on your hands, and you waste it on re-releases. How about this, i challenge all your Dev teams to come up New events on all the old content. Make a What if server... What if Freeport attacked Neriak. What if the Dwarven race invaded Gfay. What if the PoP gods, One by one each much came down to different area's of norrath with there armies and we the players have to fend them off. Get original already for the love of god. You seriously need to hire someone that can get this content out on these servers. I bet you if you gave me a server with the allowance to change the lore it would pull everyone away from your LAZY RE RELEASE SERVERS>

Anyways its pointless ranting, cause this actually means nothing in the end.

In closing,
    Thank you EQ for the many years of good experiences, and friendships i gained over the years. I wish you all the best.

3. JosephWolfclaw New Member

Couldn't you at least come up with a better name? How the hell do you even pronounce Coirnav?
  4. NitroNic New Member

I know it’s not popular, but me too. I started when my friend was already 70 waiting for OoW. It was cool. There was no hope of catching up or feeling engaged. I was just grouping with Uber geared alts.
  5. Dahaman Augur

Phinny got a nickname. Why not Coirnav?

Coirnav...

Corn
    Corny
    Core Knave
    Corn Knave
    Corn AV - not only do they listen with their ears, but this mutant corn can see you too!

Coirnav "Corny" Server

(I write a web comic called Vigilante Vegetables. It sports a character named Colonel Kernel that is a piece of corn. I just might have to him develop and utilize Corn AV eventually.)
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I kind of like "Corny" and "Corn Knave", myself. The "Knave" title seems particularly appropriate for this server.
  7. Ilshade Augur

Can we get confirmation on rules of camps - is this a first come first serve or is it first come and kills its theirs rules like agnarr - i think it would be nice to post this to prevent to many reports to DBG if it is the latter? I know ethics of old school is if your their first the camp is yours, but there are many gold farmers that just sit on the camps 24/7 so would be nice to know
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Unless there has been a recent change, DBG takes the stance that whoever gets exp for the mob killed the mob. Any rules, ethics, etc. are entirely player-created and are not enforced by DBG. It is the wild west.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Magic Augur

Any idea what is the exact start time of Coirnav server?
  10. Rakhene New Member

They couldn't call it corny, so they took next best name.
  11. Yruc Augur

Agnarr launched at 2pm PST, so I would guess probably the same time. (3pm MST / 4pm CST / 5pm EST)
  12. Frisko New Member

Nobody cares about a rushing guild that is not skill based lol.Anyone can rush through content all this talk of the best progression guild ? I have not witnessed a best on any server ever. It is all old content that is mastered and anyone who wants to stay at home and do nothing but eq can rush through content. no one in this so called best guild is anything special at all for beating old content fast.....
  13. Frisko New Member

what gives them the number 1 ranking exactly ? lol do they rush old content that is previously mastered by all fast ? My god the ego of nerds is trippy. No one cares that you collectively have no life so u rush content that was previously mastered by actually good players a million times before you giving you the blueprint. Calm down peeps your guild is the same as anyone else's.
    potatoface likes this.
  14. SithWizard Elder

I applaud DBG for continuing to support the EQ community, however I think there are some things that could make a new TLP better.
    1. XP should be on par with Agnarr with a small bump, say +2-4 percent.
    2. Boxing - it should be a two box server, who cares if someone has one computer or ten. Just limit it to two boxes.
    3. Release the TLP with Kunark included.
    4. XPAC time releases - Launch Velious in 10 weeks, Luclin 10 weeks - PoP 10 weeks - GoD (vote to open it after 10 weeks then another vote every 2 weeks until it passes.
    5. Reduce the lockouts by 1 day on all instances.

Anyways that is just my 2 cents.
    Peace.
  15. WhoIsIt New Member

Lol...So because you can't handle more than 2 characters no one should be able to?
  16. Archery Lorekeeper

WoW ~ Some folks will complain about everything.

In case nobody noticed, the progressive servers have been wildly popular. It only takes a second to look at the sever status Report to disclose the facts. On the other hand PvP servers are the least popular as they fly directly in the face of the basic structure of EQ. Cooperation among not only guilds but individuals has always been a key component of the EQ community.
    I began in early 2001, so I've experienced a number of changes, server combines, new progressive servers and the long ago "Box" server state of Fiona Vie where only one player was allowed per account there as well. At that time, FV wasn't well populated, but those that did pay supported the one account per person and would "Roll new toons" when they either got tired or frustrated with their account. After the server opened to the standard number of accounts it became the single most popular server in the game. The attraction was eliminating No Drop on most items. This has IMO become almost exclusively a money making opportunity and has driven the population up substantially once that became evident.
    My point here is not a mini history lesson but to Praise DBG's for continuing to try to expand, improve and provide more and more options. This approach in my opinion is a huge breath of fresh air! We had to deal for year with Sony, who seemed to not understand the customer attraction to EQ, cared little if at all in resolving issues players had hired developers who had little to no appreciation of the game. Thus their arbitrary and capricious game changes were met with a diminished population.
    Now the opposite is going on and I don't understand why more aren't Cheering DBG's. The customer support by way of "/petition" is the best I've ever seen. The support team are concerned and make decisions based on helping the consumer. If you haven't used /petition in the past several months please try it. They are using the Best of the Best of the GM's/Devs some rehired from the beginning.
    The constant attempts the put in the game to make it more playable (Stack TS items to 1,000) are made by people that play and understand the game.
    Someone was decrying the "Marketplace" and the sale of items through it. Guess what; that very thing is what saved EverQuest! Were it not for the ability of the owners to find ways to increase revenue from it's player base we would have lost EQ long ago. The Marketplace IS the cash cow of EQ. If you don't like it , just don't use it. I love it for the reason mentioned plus the fact that it offers so many new ways to approach the game.
    Every new "opportunity" to choose an alternative server, choose new illusions and character personas if great for both the game and the owners. This isn't a Non Profit enterprise. If DBG's can't develop customer satisfaction while increasing revenue sources we don't have the exciting changes we are experiencing now. If you decry any attempts at revenue generation where do you think game development and high quality support will come from??
    Allow me a Real Life example of how this works. It was acknowledged several years ago that the drug companies were making obscene profits and the people needing the product were suffering. A proposal was actually made at the top of government, to make all drugs generic as soon as they came out. How does that sound? Like a good plan for helping people? If you agree then where do you think the billions and billions it takes to develop the newest "wonder drugs" will come from?? The approach of taking all profit from drug development by making them all generic would result in the end of research and development for new drugs. That's that facts Jack.
    Profit is the engine that drives improvement in almost every area of the consumer world. If you don't realize that basic tenant you must wonder why the communist countries are moving faster all the time to place profit motive into their system to keep it from caving in on themselves.
    Too much said, I'm quite sure, that dosen't deal directly with EQ. But try and see the improvements in almost every aspect of the game that DBG's has implemented as a result of increased customer satisfaction and increased revenue sources. Can't have one without the other.

Good Luck and Good Hunting.
  17. TLPman Augur

Anyone that is going to come to this server and wants to help run a guild or wants to join a raid guild please inbox me for more info :)
  18. Xiaoyu Journeyman

jfc i hope you're trolling....

No idiot, because people with 40main raid teams own the community and make it unfair for others playing.
    Agnarr for example, Charmingmeme and his team owned the prod sales for HS keys because his 135 mages couldn't be out dps'd and effectively set the market on price and forced people to buy from him if they wanted a HS key.
    How exactly does this make it fair for other players?

90% of high priced items are dominated by multiboxers perma camping them.
    SithWizard likes this.
  19. Pleasantvalley Journeyman

Would you all stop posting your envisioned Frankenstein EQ server's and pitiful ideas. Only problem with the servers is the expansions come a bit too fast, and they are releasing new servers too often. Nobody gives a crap about ANY of your guys ideas for custom servers. Smfh.
  20. Beastlordz New Member

I think you are in your own conceded world and have really no clue as to what you are even saying.
    SithWizard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.