RIP Shamans

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Interesting..

What raid / expansion did you guys call raids on account of no shamans ? (as was the original post about called raids on account of no shaman)
  2. Siddar Augur

We have called raid for lack of healers that includes shaman. That lack of healers includes simply not enough healers to give every group a healers.
  3. smash Augur

When you do the quote, might wanna read it correctly, there stood LACK og SHAMANS, not LACK of HEALERS

But lack of healers, just the same as lack of dps, or lack of tanks. So really not special
  4. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

You use caps lock the way Monet used a paint brush, like a true artist and master of your craft.
  5. smash Augur

But I misspell things and such also, artistic
    Oakenblade likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

As I said ..

I've never been in any guild ever .. that canceled raids on account of not 1 single shaman logged in ..
  7. Ninelder Augur

We have gone in with shaman bot buffs before countless times in two guilds in at least the last decade. It's not uncommon. But with that half the melee mains in the game box a shaman. Doesn't mean they could raid with one, or are willing to main switch to one.

On Povar for the pick up raids its normal for the raid leader to beg one of his melee to play their shaman box instead of their main. You must be very lucky indeed, if you have never attended a raid without a shaman.
  8. Jazrakhan New Member

Shaman Dot Changes. Whether you are gleefully cheering or contemplating the level of suck about to be inflicted on your character (or something in-between) - it's worth understanding the magnitude of the changes should they go live as-is.
    [IMG]
    The term "Nerf" seems inadequate to describe what this results in. This is extreme.
  9. Millianna Augur

Looking at levels 1 - 50...

Both shamans and clerics get minor healing at level 1. After this, clerics get light healing at level 5 and shaman at level 9. Clerics get greater healing at level 24, while shamans get it at level 29. Clerics get superior healing at 34, while shamans, umm well they don’t get before 51. Also, shamans do not get resurrection. To sum things up, a cleric is focused on healing, while shaman focuses on debuffs, DPS, and healing support.

Calling a shaman a priest, is like calling an SK and DPS caster.
  10. blood & gufts Augur

I been a priest all life here. You def wrong big time.
  11. Ninelder Augur

It was similar for druids as well but they didn't get any HoTs. Their original description was hybrid, known for their formidable magic and prowess with weapons. Not that I am saying the original game is anything like the current one.

On raids for the first ~4 or 5 years of EQ you only had one to cast seasons, and if you filled up your raid with more they were used as zing bots. All their mana was spent giving melee more endurance. It was like mages who were only used to summon mod rods, but worse.
  12. Millianna Augur

There were two types of mages during RoK... ones to camped on a rock to CoH and ones that passed out mod rods.
  13. Skvoid Elder

Class balance sadly has never been that good in EQ, however it has gotten a lot better. I thought Shaman and druid dots were too strong in EoK, they did bring down dots a bit in EoK but druids all through EoK were able to top certain parses even after the small nerf.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because a class is classified as a priest does not mean they are focused on healing but rather it is an idea of where they get their power from. Looking closer at the link you provided it is clear that healing was not always the primary focus of Shaman as doing damage is mentioned more prominently in the class description then healing is. In fact you can say healing was a secondary part of the class description. However in modern EQ with a lower player base it is hard when you are limited to single class or two for a function so the healing abilities of Shaman have increased in order to ensure that the game can function properly.

Shamans serve as priests to the tribal races of Norrath, able to draw upon the power of the spirits and focus it for their own purposes. Shamans are primarily a magic-using class, able to wear chain armor and wield blunt weapons and spears.

Shamanic magic has two main focuses: enhancing the mind and body of the shaman's allies, and weakening or damaging their enemies. A shaman's enhancement spells are always in demand, massively improving the strength, stamina, health, and other physical aspects of the shaman's group. Shamans are also able to heal their allies and have excellent health regeneration spells.
  15. Hexdoctor New Member

It's not a nerf, its a kill. It's equal with totally ruin our ability make some realistic dmg when needed. I lack word to describe how bad I feel about this . Even now I struggle to keep up dps in grp game when playing with meele or casters. Cuting down dmg with 50% = not even worth doting at all. To solo will take twice the time. Now I can do some dmg and I was happy about it... We will make worse dmg then previous expansion, with the big diffrence that mobs in current expansion have even more HP :(
  16. S33k3r Augur

Actually when the last expansion came out you were doing a lot less damage. It's only since the DoT revamp that Druids/Shaman got a boost in DoT damage.

If/when this change goes live you will be doing more damage than when EoK came out and more than if DBG had never attempted to revamp DoTs in the first place.
  17. fortuneteller Augur

As with everything, there is a time to decide what to use and what not to use.

Just because you have dots, does not mean you necessarily have to use them all the time, it all depends on the situation. You adapt to the situation, just like animals done over the time. And like that, you either do good, or you die out.
  18. Hexdoctor New Member

Yeah and before that we never used our DoTs cause they where crap. And they already adjusted the dmg of the dots 1-2 months after the DoT revamp. Its working fine as it is right now. Its been working for a year so just keep it running. If they want to do something boost necromancer so they do more dmg.
  19. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Its not a kill of the dots.... it does make them only worthwhile in specific circumstances though. yes, soloing will take twice as long (so it goes from 1min/kill to 2min/kill, or double that on the higher hp mobs)... whoopity doo, you can still solo if you need to.

it doesn't impact our mana at all, although the dmg/mana ratios go to crap the mana usage doesn't change and as a class we can go "all out" and last around 20 minutes of constant casting before we start running low. considering that raid events are timed at around that long it seems like we're already where they want us to be mana-use wise... hence why no change to the mana cost. I don't like it, but it makes sense.

really every thread on this nerf is just a whine that someone can't solo for awesome xp anymore. in an MMO that's not a bad thing so people just need to suck it up and get some friends to play with.
  20. Venedar Lorekeeper

Just to be serious and honest. It is a kill of the DoT's. For me they will go back to a state before first revamp and that state was never to be used. Yeah it can be called whining, but who wouldnt if someone would done something smililar to other classes? We are talking about a 50% dmg reduction.

The DoTs are working fine as it is. If its very important to not let druid or shaman been seen on a raid parse, do some sort of "raid" reduction on our dots. Or just live with it, and see druid and shm as a dps help on raid. There is a natural limit for all DoT classes and its the 50 slot debuff room. I rather see a change of the necro class, with less and stronger dots.

I play shaman, I raid shaman. And ive tested the they done test server and its crap. I really hope it wont hit live server.