Gambosoft Game Parse

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lily, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Lily Augur

Last night Game Parse suddenly stopped working. It shows on the task bar, but the window won't open. I tried rebooting. I uninstalled and downloaded a fresh copy, but the problem persists. Anyone else have this problem?
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I had the same problem a while back. I think I had to right-click the icon in the bar when it was open and pick Restore or Maximize or something like that. It was weird and not what you would expect to have to do, but it worked.
  3. Lily Augur

Thanks, got it.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

For whatever reason the program was being displayed out of bounds for your screen. I should be able to add an option the the right click menu on the task bar to recenter it.
    Niskin and IblisTheMage like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Who's developing it Beimeth? Is that you?
    Nolrog likes this.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

We should have a hall of fame for the people who keep stuff running for us. They are awesome.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The one and only. Updates aren't as quick as they used to be, but it's in progress.

Small changes get added quicker, big changes I have to get in the mood to tackle.

The big DoT revamp is in progress, but I'm working at Daybreak pace on that.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

One thing that would be useful would be a way to export the healing/spells+discs/ with timestamps.
    Comparing spell/disc usage to healing+dps intake for tanking could lead to some interesting numbers.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I've added a location check. If Gamparse detects it is outside the bounds of your screen(s) it will relocate to the upper left corner.

This will be in the next update. (Not 1.5.2.18).
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You'll have to be more specific.

Current changes in progress are:

* DoT Breakdown on a per-DoT basis. (Done).

* Redoing the Damage Breakdown to be much better. (Halfway done).

* Adding in graphing for DoTs. (Halfway done).

* Redoing all the existing graphing to be much better. (Not done).

* Redoing the search tab to be much better. (Mostly done, but the UI isn't finalized).

* Various other smaller things (Improved loading/search bar, parsing systemwide messages).

There will be a beta/test version soon(tm). Right now only a handful of people have tested some of it, and that was a few months ago without any newer updates.
  11. segap Augur

Any chance this includes breaking out alliance fulminations? They really skew spell damage numbers. It would also be nice to see them not included in the max hit on the summary view. Rather adding a count of fulminations as part of the summary stats.
  12. S33k3r Augur

Nice one :) I can't wait to see that update.

I ended up writing a script to parse my logfiles to show damage from my individual DoTs/nukes/procs. It was frustrating working with how EQ logs information so I doff my hat to you for persevering and continuing with the fine work.
  13. Critts Augur

I.E. not playin FF X for the 100th time.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, I've been playing Stellaris (which is on Steam sale 60% off right now!)

Ask and ye shall receive:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Unlikely. There is nothing technically different between a fulmination and a normal nuke in terms of the damage. A single Ethereal/Dichotomic/Fusion nuke under the right circumstances can skew things as well.

I may at some point attempt to do a breakdown by individual spells for nukes (like the above for DoTs), but that is a far more complex thing to do (damage is not tied to a specific spell in the log for nukes like for DoTs or to an attack type like for melee combat) and is not going to be a part of this update.

Changing the Damage Breakdown tab to work the same as the DoT Breakdown tab shown above requires a complete rewrite of some of the core code that calculates damage. This is a needed first step to allow for other features such as the pie graph above, or things like breakdowns per-spell.
    Vexana_Lanys and S33k3r like this.
  15. Horyuken Augur

Aren't alliances always for the same amount of damage ? Can you define any damage with that value to a special category ?
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That wasn't my point. I wasn't saying I couldn't do it. I was saying I didn't want to. At least for now.
    Reht likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I hate you I just bought another game I don't have time to play :)
  18. Bobsmith Augur

Dot parse update will be $$$$
  19. segap Augur

For pure melee classes, fulmination spell damage drowns out all other spell damage.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's a really good one. It's like Civilization...IN SPACE! And also much better/more fun.