Coirnav Progression Server - Coming March 16, 2018!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eqzekisdead Augur

give us something new
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

3. Moege Augur

Or you buy kronos hedging that you would be able to sell them for more when the server opens.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm waiting for the day they launch a server with all level 50 zones and below unlocked, all races/classes unlocked and the server unlocks zones by levels not expansions.
    Sikem, Metanis and Rampart like this.
  5. Nolrog Augur

That's not the way it works though. Krono are going for what, around 10K on Agnarr? It will be a good long time before people have that much on Corinav. What is happening is that people are prepping to transfer plat from Agnarr to Corinav using krono as the vehicle.
  6. Rolento Augur

Thats exactly what people are doing, If you don't plan to play on other servers then changing all your plat into krono is the best option. Krono prices will be extremely cheap to start, so you wont get any solid value out of them early on, but if you are ever strapped for cash, having a few krono stashed away will indeed be a huge benefit.
    Nolrog likes this.
  7. Rolento Augur

Do you mean sell them for more as in, in game plat? I assume thats what you mean. Krono's wont sell for anything near Agnarr or Phinny prices for a LONG time. If I remember right, most krono were selling for under 5k for most Classic and Kunark. The first week of the server they will be insanely cheap to buy.
    Nolrog likes this.
  8. johnballs New Member

Where is the holiday EXP for Presidents Day...
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I'm not going to disagree because I think we are all in agreement, and just seeing things from different perspectives and using overloaded terms (like "cheap").

For example, you are absolutely right about the observed behavior of the platinum cost of kronos on Agnarr and earlier servers, and the expected behavior on the new server. But to call them "cheap" may not be correct, because even if you can buy a krono for 50 plat during the first week, coming up with 50 plat isn't exactly trivial. More importantly, krono sellers always try to get top dollar, so the cost of kronos is really dictated by the ability of players to earn the plat (the more plat players can earn, the higher the cost of kronos).

But, since the krono holders will be trying desperately to get pp and gear (to get the advantage!), generally speaking, it will be easier to buy kronos for less work at the beginning of the server. It's a good time to make kronos. Although, if this server ends up being as popular as it looks in this forum, it may be moot :)
  10. jeskola pheerie

You do realize that DBG is a for-profit company, right? And that they are owned by an investment group?
    Sikem and Chatoyan like this.
  11. jeskola pheerie

They tried that once... The vote was skewed by Live server players that didn't want to lose people from their servers... We ended up with Mayong, a 51/50 non-progression server that died in short order.
  12. Derpity New Member

i am glad this server is coming out.

havent played everquest in 15 years but a new progression server sounds fun and a chance for an old timer like me to re-live old memories.

when i first started playing back in the day i think i joined around the time right before luclin came out and i always felt like i was trying to catch up to the pack and missed alot of cool content from classic/kunark/velious.

anyways for me it will be pretty cool to get a fresh start on a new progrssion server and do stuff i never really got a chance to do.

thank you
  13. BrigetteCT New Member

I am also glad to see a fresh server I can join and hopefully experience the raids I missed in the past.(with the thrill of then-current content gear). Glad to see a positive person like Derpity!
  14. Rolento Augur

I think many people are looking forward to a new server. Most just wish they made it different then the past servers. For a lot of people it will be new, I'm looking forward to playing on it as is even though I like many others do wish for FV loot rules or some other fun twist.

The argument people made was that the incentive to join this server if your already on others is very low. I'm sure it will thrive like the others, but it just doesn't have that hype to it like Phin and Agnarr had leading up to the launch
    Quixa likes this.
  15. Ootax Augur

Should of game out with a server starting at TSS or SoD or something later. Yea I know Phinny is close to TSS but they could of changed something about it to make it somewhat different than Phinny.
  16. IceCometAncient New Member

Some things never change. People gotta whine.

I welcome the idea. I started playing EQ at the beginning. Life, duty and responsibility have to come first. So I have had to come and go in the game of EQ. I look forward to giving this a shot at the fun with a class I haven't played yet. Maybe a necro or enchanter will be fun. Either way, it will be fun starting from the beginning where everyone else is too.
  17. Tymeless Augur

I'll be there day 1.
  18. Rampart New Member

Hurrah for a new TLP server. Now we'll find out if Agnarr is a viable server for the long run...
  19. Grimdoll New Member

Can you pls make the server somewhat different from Agnarr beside the xp. One character like FV would be awesome for sure. But seriously, pls dont copy paste agnarr with another name.

Thanks.
  20. Rolento Augur

Its Phinney 2.0 not Agnarr. Unfortunately I don't see them changing anything on this server. As much as I would enjoy seeing the FV Loot system on this one as well
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.