RIP Shamans

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Venedar Lorekeeper

Yeah RIP shamans was fun, but its over now :(
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

"RIP Shamans"...
    As if their combo dots were the only reason they're on raids?
    Or one of the most sought-after classes for groups, for that matter...

Your negativity is partly understandable, but it's too much even for me :/
    Why the blowing things out of proportion instead of just saying "this a problem, it needs to be fixed"?
  3. Bigstomp Augur

When I run casual raids I'm only used to having 5.
    I can't quite fill a raid with them.
    Peltier likes this.
  4. WorriedinNorrath Elder

It’s been a Valentines day massacre.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.
    Tatanka and Nolrog like this.
  5. Osu112401 New Member

You're smoking some serious pipeweed if you think Shaman will reroll because they had a fun run with OP DPS, then were brought back down to Norrath. Players do not make Shaman for DPS, and never have.

And if your guild relies on Shaman for DPS, your guild has serious problems.
    strongbus and Sagarmatha like this.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

preach
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Suck it up Buttercup
    Nudia likes this.
  8. Kuvani Journeyman

I didn't realize you played a druid or knew anything about playing a druid. Have you gone and actually tested our changes? It amazes me how people just throw out numbers on these forums with zero context on top of that. The druid nerf was beyond excessive and was a lot worse than the shaman one. As a druid, I would've been a lot happier with simply a 30-50% base damage reduction to each of our dots like the shamans got (although I would've preferred a mana reduction of some kind as well even if it wasn't the same ratio as the damage reduction). Druids got two of their dots completely obliterated and basically taken away on top of the 30-50% damage reduction on each of their remaining dots. Please don't act like you know anything about the druid nerf when it is clear that you don't.

Also, for those of you that think shaman heals are lesser than druids, that is laughable. Shaman heals are vastly better than druid heals. Druids are the worst healers in the game, including paladins. Just because no one cares about who gets the worst or best heals because it doesn't bruise their ego, and druids are technically a priest class, doesn't mean that druids have amazing heals. That being said, druids absolutely should have lesser heals than at least shamans and clerics, as their intended roles were pure healers and buffers/healers respectively, and their classes require more raid healing overall, but druid heals still need significant boosts. Druids have always been intended to be a half healing and half damage class, and after this nerf, both aspects of our class are way below what they should be.

Back to the damage portion of the thread. The damage nerf with no mana reduction was far too severe. Druids already had an issue with mana before the nerfs with our abysmal mana returns, which was a large part of the reason I was happy to accept a damage reduction in the first place. Before the nerfs even went out, I made a long post under the "Christmas present thread" about how I felt that priest and enchanter DPS was far too high, even as a druid. I absolutely agree that I should not, as a druid, be consistently outparsing pure DPS classes on raids, but at the same time, this nerf was far too severe. There should have only been a damage and mana reduction to all of our dots. Our Gelid Moonbeam and Flame Lick lines should have been a part of this as well; there is no reason they needed to be completely taken away from the druid arsenal with the other nerfs.
    kizant and Perplexed like this.
  9. Tamaden Elder

What role is Shaman again? DPS? i don't get this post or this problem AT ALL. I got shaman, don't remember last time i anyone asked me to burn.... Or wait, you asking for smaller heals in here so Shamans have something to do in groups? Ammm i am just so confused, let's all get together and cry about Necros healing power is to weak, let me see how i can explain how idiotic this post is. This is freaking insane....how can anyone be serious in here.
    DB gave you something you shouldn't have now you demand things?
  10. Millianna Augur

Did Shaman ask to be a priest class? That archetype was shoved down their throats similar to tanks and swords and boards to make devs life easier.
  11. Siddar Augur

What?! They were one of three main healer class from the beginning of the game. They have been their groups healers on raids sense forever. Did they ask to be priest well no they didn't but nether did clerics or druids ask to priests. They just were priests from the beginning.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The thing is... DPS is the ONLY role need 100% of the time.

Tanking you can kite things often, but in many raid scenarios not every tank is required.
    Healing you will many times need to heal AEs or add hits but many times only a handful of clerics are needed on a MT
    Pulling/CC is needed rarely.

So in the other times... classes should be able to contribute to their group or raid in a useful way. This doesn't mean they should usurp pure DPS like wizards. But they also should do more than a mercenary, regardless of class.

So while people may say it's a priest or a CC class... they still need to be able to do DPS as many times their primary role isn't necessary.
  13. Peltier Elder

I've known many active raiding guilds in current RoS content .. NOT actively recruiting shamans.

Secondary role of dps ? Come now your skewing it entirely now to try to fit your emotional rational.

Shaman's (and yes druids too) now for a while stretching back to EoK some time have been BETTER dps classes then they were / are healing classes. As can be evidenced via any shammy dps parse check verses their healing check parses ..

The fact that you even tried to skew it "as a secondary role of dps" clearly shows your bias in this entire thing.

If shaman's reroll then it clearly shows those shaman's were not shamans to begin with in the first place. They just wanted to enjoy the "flavor of the month" style treatment that this game does in fact give to certain classes every so often. And if you don't believe that then YOUR not playing EQ or have not played EQ long enough to even rationally understand what I am saying.
  14. Peltier Elder

And .. I think I'm done with this thread .. #mindblown ! !
    Sancus likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would just like to point out if shaman cast 7 of their new dots it 141,029 mana before any mana saving abilities and average over 20,000 mana per dot so I fail to see how the mana to damage ratio isn't wrong.
  16. Fohpo Augur

Why, best post yet.
    Tutunka likes this.
  17. Tutunka Journeyman

How do you bring the new (not yet even implimented) mana usage to dots equation into a currently broken system as a logical debate ?

Your logic don't make logic
  18. Drpeppa Journeyman

LMFAO
  19. Pistols4Pandas Elder

No I don't play a Druid and I haven't tested these changes. but this guy does... And he did.

mmats likes this.
  20. Axxius Augur

We had a Shaman who got so excited when they got those OP dots (before the first nerf) that he was just dotting bosses on raids and stopped giving a crap about his group. When the he was told to get back to healing he quit EQ. True story. :(