Coirnav Progression Server - Coming March 16, 2018!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rathric New Member

So, when are you fellas gonna make an PvP progression server....with the old school loot rules, take 1 item per death, except primary, hands or feet!
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yet another progression server...
    *facepalms*
    Nolrog likes this.
  3. snailish Augur

You know, instead of asking for all progression in the future to be broken by reassigning the era of class release... which potentially annoys as many people as those that want bst or zer early...

maybe we should be asking for something new that benefits live servers as well:

class change potions from the Daybreak store.

It would be on the player if you changed to a class that couldn't use any of your equipped nodrop gear. You'd have to reacquire combat discs and spells. You'd get to respend your AA as with any reimbursement (so don't log with too many unspent). Any faction work you did stays. Any keys/flags/achievements that aren't class-based stay. You'd have to be a race/deity the new class can have.

A character would have to have a waiting period before class changing again (curbs some potential abuse vs. being able to instantly do this repeatedly). Other than that I think it is a $ win for Daybreak, and nice for players.

Then everybody can start as enchanters on progression and turn them into whatever they really want later on... (this would make me class-change my retired Phinny rogue and play there again). This would also help with those that mostly solo to level but want to play a class that doesn't solo as easily.

Sometimes it is the time played, various accomplishments and the characters name that you want but you've tired of the class. Sure, on live you can change a name to give it to a new heroic but that doesn't move the "investment" of the character too.
    Chatoyan and Glitter like this.
  4. Juzam Djinn Elder

I am all for adding a new TLP only if:

1) You find a way to attract new players to the game
    2) Find a way to Keep other TLP servers at a healthy population
  5. Numiko Augur

I notice they are timing this to open just as the Anniversary exp bonus kicks in.....
  6. Osco Journeyman

I'm sad that nothing is new or interesting about the Coirnav server, that it's being launched so soon after Agnarr, and that the Quarm Event Server idea is apparently dead. While I'm at it, the Wood Elf Beastlord and Froglok Monk should release with Beastlords and Frogloks.
  7. Domniatric Augur

Why in the world would they release this server without giving agnarr players 1-3 months in PoP to finish it? Another money grab. God I hate free to play profit structure. All decisions are based on making money instead of making a good game.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  8. Herf Augur

Well, Krono price on Agnarr has gone up over 4k since the new server was announced. Good riddance I say.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Good riddance to what? Doesn't that mean that people are cashing out and leaving Agnarr in droves?

You sell kronos (for items and plat) when you intend to play on a server. You try to buy kronos when you want to leave the server and use that wealth on another server.
  10. BearmanSW Elder

So, is this just a copy/paste of Phinny?

I'm baffled by the fact that they are just making Phinny 2.0 with NOTHING new.

Seems lazy...the DBG hamsters must be out of juice.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

It should be evident at this point that the TLP cycle is pretty much like a nostalgic, cash grabbing Groundhog Day. Why retain a “healthy population” when you can just reboot annually!
    Domniatric likes this.
  12. Remind Journeyman

not to many positive comments here...
  13. Beebles New Member

Woot woot!

I, for one, am happy with this announcement.

Thank you Daybreak!

P.S. Please FV rules! Pretty-please! =-)
    Rampart likes this.
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think your signature makes the point beautifully. Too much of the same thing, too fast...is poison :)
  15. Khaliss Augur

makes no difference to me, Agnarr & FV will be the only servers I play on... the only way I'd roll out on a new TLP server is if:
    1.) locked in PoP (again)
    2.) Beastlords & Berserkers on day-1
    3.) FV loot ruleset
    4.) boxing allowed on same computer
  16. Blackburrow23 Elder

Should have done a vote to see what the community wanted.
  17. Zansobar Augur

The new server really needs FV loot rules...maybe DBG will add that since they didn't announce anything about the loot rules at all on this new server.
    Rampart likes this.
  18. Glitter New Member

Another progression server...

DBG needs to merge FV and Brekt, Brekt has a low population. Will add more pop to FV. With no raiding guilds on Brekt there isn't much excitement there.

I love what Snailish said about a class change potion! I would so buy these!!

Maybe adding more items in the marketplace, more trophies to housing, more houses(different layouts,colors, styles)/housing items from vendors or MP, mounts clickies ect ect. More fun achievements for those that are maxed and just wanna mess around on their mains.

Adding another progression server to keep people interested is not always the best way to go!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Rolento Augur

Here's the thing, most of the people playing on the TLP's have played on at least a few of them. I for one have been on every TLP for different lengths of time. Phinney and Agnarr being the longest stretches.

To make a 5th server with the exact same rules and unlocks at the last two servers. (Granted Agnarr is stopping at PoP) just seems... meh. With all the options they could do from starting the server with Kunark/Velious already unlocked, to FV loot rules, to the dreaded PvP.

They had an opportunity to make another unique server that would draw a lot of attention. I assume this server will be popular, BUT I just don't see how it will bring in the Phinny or Agnarr numbers. The sad reality is it does look just like a cash grab.

I really hope they take everyone's feedback seriously and decide to tweak the server. Be it FV loot, Faster or Longer Xpac unlocks, to potentially something new and interesting. At the moment the hype for this server is just not there. Phinny had true box + instances going for it and Agnarr PoP locked. The hype was huge. This... meh
  20. Greensealilly Journeyman

As for coirnav, I think it's a bad idea and it seems to me to be a bit lazy and something like a betrayal from the company. I've started searching for a new game, waiting to see what effect this has on the 2 servers I play on that happen to be phinny and agnarr This has me scouting for other alternatives for the mmo fix. They should have waited longer at the least and had the new server offer something different. 80% of the conversations i've seen in game indicate people pretty much feel the same with the most common statement being "should have had FV loot rules". That might be interesting since it's been ages since that style has existed. Beyond that though I think it's simple, guys, you need to come up with other cash cows to provide the krono cash besides hard core classic and mounts that only happen with new tlp. The bags were a great idea, you need more things like that. Hell, sky's the limit, why not figure out more non-pay-to-win things that could be unlocked for a fee. Something like housing or transportation hubs or race/class unlocks. There are plenty of ideas out there in this micro-transaction world, there's no need to betray the player base every 6 months and stop existing tlps from going forward by draining their populations.

As for the pvp threads, PVP Servers never really thrive in my experience and I've been playing both pvp and pve since UO and including uo/ac/wow/daoc/lotro pvp and eq pvp the very first day on the very first server it was ever released on. If you want pvp go play the existing pvp servers (I'm sure they would appreciate the population influx) or battlefield or something. PVP (other than team based) has never really succeeded on any worthy scale in mmos (that i've seen) and there are vastly better options including some of the most high budget games in existence if you're into twitch fps pvp. The only mmo pvp i've ever seen succeed on any scale (still not huge) was the faction based pvp that was on several games but even that was short lived. Team based pvp in disputed zones would be fine but that really doesn't have much place on a progression server imo.
    On the other hand, as far as pvp, it probably wouldn't cost much to try the pvp server idea since imo it would barely effect most servers and would probably silence the complaints from that group. I doubt the entire server infrastructure is more than $5-10k and if it is then they need more optimizations. Also, if it flops miserably they can re-purpose it as some other ruleset and give the population free moves to the existing pvp server.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.