RIP Shamans

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Millianna Augur

It was already hard getting a good shaman for raids, but good luck now. I’m sure lots will reroll.
  2. Cleaver Augur

kind of baffles me really. Who made a shaman thinking they were a supposed to be a dps class ? Now they will quit because they're not capable of doing high dps when they were never supposed to in the first place ?
  3. Millianna Augur

The majority of players play by themselves aka molo. Now everything takes twice as long to do. What do you expect people are going to do? Don’t get me wrong I don’t care about the dot nerf. What a care about is raids. Kind of blows when you have switch targets or even cancel a raid because not a single shaman logged in.
  4. Zalamyr Augur

I'll never quite understand their complete inability to use a nerf hammer, and not a nerf bulldozer. Just looking over the spell data, the nerfs seems incredibly over the top. Damage reduced by like 60% but no mana cost adjustment.

I still think shamans are really, really good though.
    Daedly and Tatanka like this.
  5. Millianna Augur

I’m not going to sit here an argue that shaman DPS wasn’t a bit over the top. But, I am going to argue that DIDN’T matter. There are so few shamans comparative to other class, who cares.
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

well, on the up side I wont' have to hear kizant tell me i'm a necro anymore =)
  7. Lubianx Augur

?
    Don't know where this stat came from. We have 4-5 shaman on our raids. A lot more than plenty of other classes.

Not saying that the nerf wasn't extreme, but the above quote is definitely not correct if many cases.
  8. Millianna Augur

I can easily fill a raid with just knights, good luck doing that with the shaman class.
  9. Lubianx Augur

I would probably find it easier to fill a raid with shaman than knights. We sometimes struggle with having enough knights on, never have this issue with shaman.
    Maybe it's just a server thing
  10. Peltier Elder

Are you implying that all them that were shaman before were only shaman due to the massive dps increase to their dots ?

Are you aware they are classified as a priest class ?

Do you feel priest classes should easily have the capacity to out dps pure dps classes ?
  11. Millianna Augur

I have not seen a raid guild (on two servers) not actively recruiting shamans. And what’s wrong with a priest class having a secondary role of DPS? If don’t think some shamans are not going reroll then you’re not playing eq.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I just can't understand why the mana cost for spells didn't get the same % reduction as the damage.
  13. Mannhec Lorekeeper

As a a raid Shaman I have to ask what is the question here? We have an ae heal that rocks. we have two dots that multi cast and do a heck of a lot dps, so only have to load two spells. . We are not a dps class, we are a raid/group healer (sadly), short of cleric and druid. We are a great buffer. Set some hot keys and you can heal withe best of them. swap cures with DPS based on the event. I do remember the day of old when a Shaman could out dps a necro, but they have been gone a long time.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Wizlard Augur

Stop trying to be rational, we are being emotional in this thread.

[IMG]
  15. Wizlard Augur

Obviously, the mana to damage ratio was too high.
  16. Pistols4Pandas Elder

From what I've read, Druids r still doing 340kdps after changes without adps... That's what I do w/ 3 magicians in group content when I'm trying hard. Just sayin.
  17. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Man I’m glad I finally get to cast all my dots off my shamn and druid box team. Finally get to see what they do...

Welcome to NeverendingnerfthisandnerfthatQuest

Between my two, normal group mobs never stood a chance, now i might actually get to play them a bit more, chit... I might even load nukes now!
  18. kizant Augur

I hope those are level 85 heroic magicians.
    Gyurika Godofwar, gotwar and Wizlard like this.
  19. Sagarmatha Augur

Your guild must not be very good if you're canceling entire raids because not enough Shaman logged on.
  20. Wizlard Augur

Lol, I love how folks just throw out numbers like this.
    kizant likes this.