Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelthorg Lorekeeper

Ummm, what's wrong with this guy? ^^^^^ Seems so angry about.... something.
  2. Febb Augur

Test patch today.

- Heroic Adventure NPCs have lower stats at level 106+, compared to the January 2018.
    - - Spells cast by NPCs in Heroic Adventures scale in approximately the same way the NPC's stats scale. For levels 101+ this was generally an increase.
    - - Heroic Adventures stop scaling at the maximum level in the era they were introduced. For example, 15th anniversary and Call of the Forsaken errands released when the maximum level was 100, so even if there is a level 101+ player in the zone, the highest they will scale is as if the max level player in the zone is level 100.
    - Altered the experience granted from heroic adventures.
    - Altered the points granted from heroic adventures.
  3. Fohpo Augur

Really interested to see how significant XP nerfs were, I'm assuming they'll still be useful while leveling but there may be a big curve in abusing it for AA gain at max level or for the 106-110 grind.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It should be on par with xp'n in CoTF. And no one in their right mind xp's @ 110 in CoTF.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I knew you would start crying after the adjustments were made to HAs. Stop your complaining Whulf. You couldn't even wait for someone to make that sort of post to complain about. :)
    GoneFission and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Gialana Augur

Some will be happy and some won't. That's because it's not really a fix. In my view, it's a fix for the progression missions that were put in the HA system so they would scale down in level. The few who made the complaints about hunter's achievements and collectibles will be happy, if that was the true reason for their complaints. But it's a complete neutering (I'm guessing) in every other way.
    Whulfgar and frankie78227 like this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

As it probably should be. They really shouldn't have scaled UP. Only down. Now they simply remain "in era".
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Waiting for Test to unlock so I can test things but for now I'll just say that it seems like they fixed all the major issues with the last silly patch and the ROS overpowered mobs ROFLStomping the more casual players among us.

I suggest that everyone on here just put Whulfgar on ignore by clicking his name and clicking "ignore posts by this user" to avoid seeing anything he posts and making your life much less stressful here on the forums.
    Zhaunil_AB and Sheex like this.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Going to see if I can get setup for Test so I can login and try some CotF HA's. Kind of excited to see how it goes. If I'm understanding it right, CotF specifically should be easier now than it was before the last patch, because it will no longer scale above level 100.

If this is true then I should be able to do CotF Progression easier than I could before. Plus it starts to put TBM in range, will have to try some of the early ones there too.
  11. Tamaden Elder

After reading test patch notes, i think i am falling back in love with DB........
    Tornicade_IV likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Just went into a DHHA (yes, I KNOW this isn't about Gribble, but everyone is familiar with Gribble) as a 110, didn't fight anything, but ran through invis and everything conned light blue.
  13. GoneFission Augur

True. The game periodically has what I think of as an elevator. A way to move players quickly through levels and AAs. For a while it was monster missions, then it was HOT task adds, then it was Gribbles HAs. The game needs something to zip players along if only to keep feeding end game (and keep players reasonably close in power), but it's also time to move onto the next method.
    Zhaunil_AB and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. fortuneteller Augur

This really sounds good.

People can do progression. People can do HA at the levels they were intended for.

I will give this a 10 out of 10. Perfect score. Ofc. I have not been on test testing it, so ...
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

So Marla #2, Seeking Refuge, at 108 the first mobs were light blue. Normally these mobs, the stumps, are white cons. Progression looks to be doable again. I only had a few minutes to test, but I'll try to look at a harder one tomorrow.
  16. corwin Journeyman

How does this work with the Clayton Teek daily bonus HAs?
  17. Tornicade_IV Augur

I love the change.

it was a bit more than what I was expecting but I can get back to finishing the cotf expansion

I am curious though if a 105 in a 100 aa with levels 100 or below. If those 100 or below will still net the same xp as they did preciously. or if the level 100 is better xp wise without the 105.

Either way still a great change.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Looking forward to giving HAs a go on Live servers.
  19. frankie78227 Augur

This. Looks like this neutering (good word for it) is Daybreaks idea of a fix. Thanks for trying but no thanks.
  20. Mezz Lorekeeper

I consider this an improvement over the way it is currently pre-patch. At least it meets some of our needs for old content. Unfortunately, it means anything other than RoS expansion will now be pretty bad experience. Although in fairness TBM and EOK had plenty of yellows, so those will still be ok at 110.

Ideally, they would have done this imo:
    • Missions - no level scaling beyond expansion level
    • HA - level scaling +5 of expansion level max
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.