Chelsith collectibles...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, trying to complete my Chelsith collectibles, and I'm stuck on the last piece. The issue is, I can't find any more collectibles anywhere. I know in most zones, there are some harder to find spots where the collectibles wind up doubling up. However, I can't figure out where any of those spots are! If anyone knows where some of the spots might be, please pass it along :)

I've cleared the tunnels (all rooms), the outside edges of all the buildings (even found some in the corner behind the round pillars), and saw that sometimes they spawn high up on the walls of the buildings, by the sloped parts near the corners. Have cleared all those, and then just spent an hour scouring the zone, and finding nothing else. I have yet to find any inside any of the buildings.

Thanks,
    Tat
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

Chelsith Collections:
    One on the first level of the city. Usually in or on buildings. Look up as I saw many stuck up on buildings but with levitate you can climb the buildings.
    One on the second level of the city. Same locations.
    One in the underground of the city.
    Last one is from killing mobs over near the lab area. (top level west side)
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, I know all that. The question was, after several days of finding them in all those areas, they've mysteriously disappeared. Yesterday I spent over two hours going through the zone, and found two collectibles. Looking in all the same places where I'd been finding dozens and dozens over the previous days.

So, they question is, are there some very unusual places where they can spawn, other than in and on the buildings, and in the tunnels?

My feeling is, something got bugged (spawning under the ground, or just not spawning), and I'll have to wait for a server reset to get back to those collections (well, one collection, I have one piece left).
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Shrink and start looking through walls to see if you can spot them shining in the distance. If that doesn't work, crank down your gamma and they should stand out a bit more.

I haven't been to that zone in years so I can't recall where else they might be, sorry.
  5. Critts Augur

They could be like the ones in new Skyfire. I’m pretty sure there is a spawn point outside of the geometry where all four spawns end up. Best thing to do would be to get a bunch of people out there and /pick a new instance of that zone.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Tried the gamma trick, that's how I initially found the ones which spawn up high on the sides of the buildings.

I'm usually alone there, so /pick won't happen. Looks like it's wait for the server reset.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

What server so I can see if I can find things missing/outside walls. It's difficult to duplicate issues like this on beta (Our internal server) because the beta server resets every day.
    Tamaden likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This is Tunare, and was that way as of Sunday night (last time I played).

Originally got to Chelsith last Wednesday (the 7th), and over 3-4 days, found collectibles all over the zone, but by Saturday it was getting scarce, and Sunday was pretty much a bust.

And thank you :)
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I show 30 collectibles up. (what there should be) I went to 8 and they were accessible. Some obscure locations, but accessible. (One was deep in tall grass... so hard to see. one was in the flame of a brazier...)
    svann, Tamaden and Critts like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, thanks for checking. I guess my collectible sensing skills suck :(
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Went in tonight, and collected 42 in just over an hour, and finally got the one I needed :)

Pretty much everything I found tonight was in the spots I'd been finding them in before, except for two that I think I did miss on Sunday. So, the bulk of them must have been in spots where I just wasn't looking or didn't notice on Sunday, and somebody else must have collected them, and then they respawned where I did see them :)

Anyway, thanks again, Ngreth!

PS - When a collectible is picked, is there a long delay til another one pops? Just curious.
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

around 15mins in my experience.
    The issue is that zones are normally too big/possible spawn point too far from each other (and random too) to tell that with any kind of certainty.
  13. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

Ngreth could you check Skyfire collectibles? At least on Rathe i feel like my probability of finding a globe is a lot higher closer to patch and goes to near zero a bit after a patch. Granted it is a big zone but don't find that feeling in other zones in ROS.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

One thing which would be really nice is if globes couldn't double up at spawn points. I forgot to mention last night that i did find one spot in the tunnels in Chelsith where the globe was almost completely hidden in the geometry, and I was lucky to even see it. There were three globes there!

Allowing globes to double/triple/etc is problematic if it's a bad/hidden/stuck spot.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It's painful/expensive to stop the double spawn. And if there are enough points, it's a low, but non-zero chance, so not worth the processing time to check.
  16. Janakin Augur

This reminded me of when I was doing the ground spawn collects in EoK's Temple of Droga and found one collect item under a rock but never was able to "collect" it no matter how many camera angles I tried. It looked like most of it was actually in the rock.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Fair enough. Thanks :)
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, those ones I found in the Chelsith tunnels were like that, except, in 1st person view, there were a couple pixels I could grab to get them.
    Janakin likes this.
  19. Janakin Augur

There is also one in a Broken Mirror zone that spawns under a mob that isn't attack-able. It was an angel statue type mob. Could never grab the collect as it would always target the mob.
  20. Gialana Augur

I remember that one. The only time I was able to grab it was during one of the quests when the angel goes aggro and can be moved.