This next patch will almost be like Christmas time!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Fohpo Augur

So he's basically the real world equivalent to the necro dot revamp or HA scaling fix?
    Daedly likes this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

*sticks fingers in his ears and yells as loud as possible* SANTUG IS REAL!
  3. Daedly Augur

Well played sir
  4. Daedly Augur

I have been waiting all night to unwrap the test notes. Mom and Dad are taking forever putting out the presents. (Mom and mom, or Dad and Dad would work too. No judgement here)
  5. Tucoh Augur

I've set up a gina trigger to notify me when the test notes hit.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Daedly like this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just say no to nerfs.
  7. fransisco Augur

My best:
    1. pet nerfs
    2. lvl 105 and lower missions will become easier, but RoS missions (looking at you cattiki) will still virtually require raid gear
  8. Skvoid Elder

Class balance is important to a game, one class been top at everything at the same time is not good game design or balance, heck even games like WoW only let classes excel at one thing at a time, you have to respec as a druid to either heal well or dps well (or tank).
    Currently in EQ druids can heal and dps and ADPS exceptionally well without any drawbacks, clever druids can use things like FD potions for aggro issues and Audio Triggers to cast their fire dot on GoM and GGoM procs to not run out of mana on raids (use your bear pet too for mana regen) use low cost DD nukes to proc GoMs etc.
    The glacial speed at which EQ devs fix things may mean they remain OP for a long time to come, remember Bard Dicho, unlimited mana for casters for a entire year?
  9. Fohpo Augur

Which is now virtually never used? I wouldn't wish that upon druids...
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Hope it's the necromancer DoT revamp. Then the thread next month will be calling for DoT nerfs on 4 classes not just 3!
  11. Astinox Journeyman

[IMG]
  12. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

If they repeat the same mistakes for a 4th time you will be right.
  13. Funk Augur

It's the same with all classes. Certain players will always maximize potential while others do not.
    Once it is revealed what a diligent player can do when they know every facet of their class...well that's when others get bent outa shape and cry for nerfs.
    I have to agree with those who stated that this in no way has a negative affect on anyone else. There will always be many gaps in player skill level and dedication. And a well played Druid does nothing but help your group or raid....so why call for a nerf bat? Silly humans
    Strumph likes this.
  14. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Then why did tanks get their dps somewhat reeled in? Why did shaman dots get reeled in?

Hell berserkers are a real dps class and even they got reeled in when they were doing what druids as a priest class are currently doing.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Apples and oranges. We were talking about whether the current performance is out of whack (1).

Now you're talking about WILL it get nerfed (2).

Two different things. I have a definite opinion on #1 (and you have the opposite opinion, that's fine).

For #2? Who knows? And based on past history with class balance changes, many times the changes don't really make sense to a lot of folks, so, again, who knows?

#1 is open to discussion and rational arguments. #2 is pretty much the realm of Vegas bookies ;)
    Dart likes this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

No offense but if I was in Vegas, I would be all in on Druid damage over time spells being reduced in damage power. Not that I am advocating for it, but there has been enough outcry from the community that a developer has had to at least read about it and I think a matter of time before it is changed...
  17. Tucoh Augur

matter of time maybe, but I wouldn't take even odds on it going in this month's patch. who knows
  18. Cicelee Augur

O I am not necessarily saying this month. But I would put money that at some point in the future they will be reduced...
  19. EnchFWO Augur

Change takes at least a 20 page thread. Minimum. Just sayin' from experience.

Edit: Or also 3 years of nagging in patch threads and PMing directly. <3 Geomantra.
  20. fransisco Augur

Um... because berzerkers were literally DOUBLE the dps of the next best dps class.
    And even after all the nerfs, they still can easily be on top. They have nothing to complain about.