Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Thats what I want for ease of life style change ..

Whulfs TROPHY BANDOLIER ! ! (make it happen .. and .. GO!)
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Sheesh... asking for an ezmode on trophies... learn to play the game :)
  3. Whulfgar Augur

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA
  4. Whulfgar Augur

DUUUDE .. way to harsh ! ! I'm just a casual ! !

whats a casual to do ?
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Don't worry I have it on good authority the devs first thoughts when developing content is what would make JUST Whulfgar happy? :)
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Love it !

Go with that ! !
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Quality of life improvement for whulf would simply be..

Berserkers : duel wielding two handers ..

Make it doable.. So my 3 zerker alts get past lvl 105 useage pls..
    Daedly likes this.
  8. Dahaman Augur

There is HARSH spell fizzle check for level 71 (and up) spells when compared to level 70 and lower spells. This could be smoothed out to make life much nicer.

Example: A mage at ~210 Abjuration skill has near zero issues casting the level 66 damage shield, but goes to fizzling 10-20 times straight casting the level 71 damage shield spell. Fizzling 10-20 times straight still yields skill increases only on successful casts and (so far) at 5% or less chance of that. That means it is a LOT of attempted castings per skill increase.

Here are three potential solutions:

- Smooth out the massive step in difficulty a smidge to make it harder to cast the level 71, but not 10x as hard. This is a patch fix for the egregious difficulty increase for level 71+ spells and it might not fix other issues. This is likely a hard thing to code/balance due to having to potentially adjust other various levels.

- Tie the chance of skill increase to the difficulty of casting the more difficult spell (so it skills up much quicker). This will help the level 71 issue as well as the issue of characters out-leveling their skills due to faster XP. This might make logical sense, but this might be hard to code/balance?

- My Favorite: Give the chance to increase a spell skill when fizzling a spell as well as successfully casting it. This should smooth out many, many issues if not all spell skill issues. It also sounds pretty easy to implement by just moving the skill increase check that resides in successfully casting a spell to just before the spell is checked for fizzling.

There is precedence (and logic) for skill increasing on failures with tradeskilling giving better skill on failed combines.
  9. Peltier Elder

Honestly how has this not yet happened ?
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Seems they did this in test patch. Much easier to compare Augments now!
    Risiko likes this.
  11. Relican New Member

I would like a Suit of Armor holder, or Stand, so that when you outgrow your armor, you can place it on a stand in guild hall or house. Some of the armor takes a LONG time to get every piece, it is a shame to just delete it because you have outgrown it.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  12. Lheo Augur

i would like devs who boost things and not the nerfaholics we have now
    Mordeen likes this.
  13. GoneFission Augur

Most of what I'd like has been listed.
    Double fellowship limit. I have 3 accounts, almost all 85 or better now. With no one else, that's 23 or 24 toons I may want to port in.
    Make a camp fire settable by 2 characters.
    I could do all that with a guild if setting the guild standard only took 2 people.
    Make my shamans sluggish line last 30 minutes or more, better yet make it a group spell.
    Make the mage summoned fireballs stack to 15, so I can resummon before I run out.
    Let my mage summon herself to a group.
    Let my mage CoH someone not in the group. They get a box like a wizard TL to accept. /call <name>.
    Give silk classes auto bind wound. We're already wearing bandages.
    Edit: multiple armor sets for mercs, at least two.
    Make a planar bag for carrying collectables.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

Make Firebound Orb not Lore. That would be the easiest way to allow mages to use the summoned clickie with very low level of hazzle :).
  15. svann Augur

/hidecorpse alwaysmob
    I want to never see a mob corpse pile but /hidecorpse always also hides player corpses and thats not good.
    Atlans, Daedly, Koryu and 1 other person like this.
  16. Zaph Augur

Ild like the ingame /mp3 player to work properly, besides fixing the recent bug with its volume slider, but to always not autoplay songs when logging in after previously stopped it when logging out
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Brohg Augur

lolwhat? That would be a huge fundamental change to what the ability is. That's not a quality of life change, that's attempting to sideways yourself into a Laser Eye Beams upgrade to Force of Elements.

Forget it's orb for a sec. Taking "a spell you like using in combat" and removing the cast time and mana cost and spell gem requirement -- I honestly don't know how that idea even fully formed in your head as a "convenience thing" to then be carried to this thread.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

True, lol . I take it back. I am more of a brain storm type, throwing things up to discuss.

The way it formed was: I often don’t use firebound orb because the game is too fast; is there a way to use the orb, without changing its balancing, but making it so I can use it more? I can see now how it could be a very large mana battery, and also remove the need to have it memmed, two things I did not want.

Also, now I want a spell called Eyes of the Lazer Beam.
  19. Evurkvest Augur

Tribute auto on/off controled by OOC timer
  20. Leigo You come here often?

I would foam at the mouth for this...

Hero's Forge - Remove armor restrictions.. If I'm a monk and want to look like I'm wearing plate.. What does that hurt? It's a cosmetic augment, it wouldn't give him more AC or make him any better then any other class.. I would just have more ability to customize the characters I spent over a decade playing.