Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millianna Augur

It’s not an exp nerf. HA exp sucks at 110 for both level and AA.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I have to say that i have issues comprehending what you're trying to tell me with that post, and especially that sentence. So the following might be totally off, but i'll answer/comment as best as my understanding of your "point" allows:

That sentence should've ended right there.
    They made it more difficult, period.
    And yes, we agree that wasn't a good thing.

Dev's sure make some strange decisions.
    However, my memory might be failing me, the only "base stat" that was on par of EoK group gear to TBM raid was AC. Which was indeed kind of out of whack, because it made for example open-TBM-raids obsolete. But the grouper benefitted from that, didn't he?
    I fail to see a point that is negatively impacting a grouper.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "as an afterthought".
    But "difficult" is entirely true - and as i said, the whole thing only makes sense to ME when i view it as an add-on to EoK instead of a stand-along expansion. WHEN i view it as an add on though, things make sense. Only if i had been responsible, then i'd have reduced the gap between raid and group gear.
    I have posted to that end previously and elsewhere - and elsewhere is where this talk belongs.
    Because this HA issue isn't as much a gear issue as it is a matter of principle.

While true, this has no importance to HA scaling, does it?
    And even while it's true, the distance isn't that huge as you make it to be - provided AAs and the other factors are more equal. After all, i have augments from the group game too - especially with the conflagrant.

This expansion is 2months old. The first guild has already "beaten" it.
    Yes it's much untuned, and favoring the well-geared raider. No, that's not a good idea.
    Yet, you go a bit too far there with your conclusion in my eyes.
    What we're seeing is a badly tuned expansion with some design decisions that make it even harder and/or more of an annoyance.
    At the same time, this expansion offers a lot to the grouping game.
    Nothing speedy, not much boxing-friendly, yes. But still a lot for the grouping community.

Is there a feeling of "locking groupers out of group currency"?
    Yes i think there is, because most are possibly only able to beat the Gorowyn one, especially when they rely on boxes.
    But is the consequence to conclude that grupers are supposed to stay out for the year?
    I think not.
    Rather, i'd have them take a closer look at some tuning aspects and use EoK T2 group stuff for OT, RoS T1 stuff for SF and beyond perhaps. Currently, i fully believe that group content is "beatable" by groupers, but not all (e.g. some nameds are definitely easier than others, and some zones require more of an "ideal" group than other places).
    There are loads of bad things in RoS - i agree.
    But bringing these over into this thread is something i can not quite follow and actually think is counter-productive to the matter at hand here.

HERE, we are facing with the situation that missions that were supposed to take 30 to 45 minutes ARE taking 2-3 times that now, by the same group - and this especially for the 106+ crowd but not only for them (yes, Whulfgar, HAs have also become more difficult for the 105- crowd, though i don't know where tat starts or stops as we go down in levels).
    Gear really has no relevance in this issue, as we are talking the same character in his same gear before-after the "fix".
    Mixing this up with RoS-wide issues does not help with either problem; not with the HA one nor with the RoS-wide ones.
    And stating "RoS is not for groupers at all until next expansion is out" is overreacting/overstating too and therefore does not help either.
  3. Fohpo Augur

I swear, you're always posting essays. Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living? Can you give us a haiku, preferably about terrible HA scaling?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Daedly Augur

I keep seeing about HA scaling to RoS is based on the level of the player. I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that the scaling is based on the level of NPC. In that a NPC level 106+ would be more in tune with RoS mobs. Which might account for players that are 105 or below are seeing RoS type NPC's.

Maybe I am mistaken though
    Tornicade_IV likes this.
  5. Fohpo Augur

You're correct, though the level of NPCs in most missions is supposed to be based on the character level. So on some missions, you may be 105 with 106 mobs, and those mobs are scaled up.
  6. Millianna Augur

The only real issue I am having with HAs is names. At 105, the yellow trash con mobs aren’t that much of an issue. The names however, have a bajillion HPs and hit like a mac truck. Kind of sucks to get through an entire HA to find out the name you used to steam roll is unbeatable.
  7. Gana Augur

Capt Cooper has many yellows at the start of Excavating an Answer that are no big deal (a few million HPs), but the mini named that drop the quest pieces...hit hard, have 20+ million HPs and are just over the top.

On a side, I was playing on Xegony on my SK(99 at the time). Got the named in Gribbles #3 and my group proceeded to get curb-stomped while the named was at like 80% health...maybe higher. It's a gear thing I am sure (and the level ranges are 87-99), but I was certainly not expecting to be that weak against the named (80-90k HPs on the SK while the 87 SHM has about 20-30k HPs). Quad for about 50k (10-15k each hit) and the SK was vapor. Moved back to RoF to farm 2k HME gear before I try those again, but trying to stay well below the ROS named power level.
  8. Fohpo Augur

I was doing a few of the TBM missions on my box crew, at 110 in EoK T2, my SK was getting trucked if I pulled 2-3 mobs. The names are super nasty, but they aren't the only things that make it slow going at times.
  9. Millianna Augur

I am specifically talking about doing HAs at 105. Yellow trash seems to have about 1 mil HPs more. But, the issue that I saw was with names being over the top compared to prior to patch. I’m 100% against this change.
  10. Tornicade_IV Augur

I consider 20 trash mobs that could be moloed in 30 minutes now taking an hour a big deal. especially when you have 3 or 4 mini named that require full disc after that.
  11. Millianna Augur

What’s worse is getting to the quest named and realizing that you have no chance to win. There’s 45 to 60 min down the tube.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Is this thing finally running out of steam? C'mon folks, we made it to page 63, we can push to 100!
  13. Gana Augur

At this point, the horse has been beaten to death, whipped, resurrected, beaten to death and whipped again! We know who is for and against the changes (and why). We know that it is getting tweaked (but not how nor to what degree). We know who is trolling. Did I miss anything?

* - No horses were harmed by the posting in this thread.
  14. Fohpo Augur

We don't know when! Commence with the conspiracies and @$%&posts!
  15. Gana Augur

Mordeen likes this.
  16. Fohpo Augur

17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yinla and Mordeen like this.
  18. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Players will have to test the changes. Daybreak doesn't have a bunch of characters they control that test things on Test. We're basically unpaid QA that gets utilized once or twice a year if we're lucky. We get a few extra benefits from it by playing on Test but unfortunately they don't utilize the resource anywhere near often enough which is why so many bugs still get through to Live patches.
    Vexana_Lanys and EnchFWO like this.
  19. Millianna Augur

Most gotz their pitch forks ready and are just waiting on something to be patched to live.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Cant wait.. For thee inevitable b#tching by the very same crew who cried due to ha's.. Cry about the fix..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.