ROS T1 Group Visible Gear... Is this a Joke?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tornicade_IV, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Whulfgar Augur

If you cant or refuse to ask other people for help on content (wether old or not) that is not a reflection on DBG. Thats a reflection on you..

Furthermore .. NOBODY .. ever said life was fair .. Your making claims to the contrary .. If eq is to hard for you there is an almost unlimited supply of games out there for you to play.

Viable ACTUALLY means ..

Definition of viable

a: capable of working, functioning, or developing adequately
    c (1) : having a reasonable chance of succeeding

Definition of capable
    6: having or showing general efficiency and ability
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Perhaps you do not understand the definitions of the words you chose to use in your post. I then therefore made clerification .. as they in fact do mean the same thing bud.

Hope this helps ..
  3. Whulfgar Augur

I am now finished with this thread.

Mostly because its a cry.. fest .. rather then anything of actual worth ..

As I've said. your inability to ask others for help is a total reflection on you. Not DBG. Are the HA's tuned incorrectly, DBG has flat out admitted fault. And furthermore they actually came out an stated it will be fixed.

You B#tching about it more .. makes ZERO sense on any / all levels.

You complaining about % of what grp gear is compared to raid gear .. there is a fix for it .. yet you REFUSE to admit raiding is the fix ..

This thread should just be called "whaaaaa ... things I hate .. but can't do anything about whaaa..."
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Thank you for confirming my point.

His statement was "and tradeskill to ROS2 is a more viable way. that's 1 way to gear up."; together the two parts of that quote implied that there's only one viable gear path.
    To answer you:
    "Viable" as in "practical" i would regard going the TS route and then farming the RoS T1 and T2 with that, keeping the T1 in the bag until i got my T2.
    "Viable" as in "doable", i would regard either way (i.e. with or without TS gear) because in both RoS tiers there are nameds that can (comparably easily) be done in group gear, while for others (again in both tiers) you want to at last be in T2 group armor.
  5. Tornicade_IV Augur

ROS2 is 18% . This gear requires either eok2 or sufficient gems to buy it from the merchant trader. and is required to make ROS2 gear.. and the gear is no trade.

so why not make it viable.

Why should at most 2 or 3 guild a server have VP all to themselves from launch so they can stockpile gear on their alts. while extorting conflagrant drops to the tradeskillers.

9% increase on ROS gear would of made this content a lot more viable for the group geared folk. 4% and forcing group geared players to get a full set of tradeskilled gear ( for content) and ROS1( for progression) just for the primary benefit of raiders in group content is what makes ROS a raiders expansion.

much better route for group gear returning player to skip this expansion and buy the next one.

so I'm sorta glad about the ha nerf because otherwise I would of bought the expansion myself already.

raiders clamor on about wanting harder content but that's not the case they want harder content for group geared players so they can line their pockets and turn it into kronos at a high rate.
  6. Tornicade_IV Augur

The only person who is crying is you and your crying because I pointed out a discrepancy in the gearing for Group content in an expansion I was considering purchasing.
    even your definitions are half truths

Anyways as someone who is raid geared and equipped with his own little bot army..
    I can understand why any viable progression of group geared players independently of Raid geared toons that would lessen the market cycle would be something your astutely against..

Definition of viable

1 a : capable of living
    • a viable skin graft
    • viable offspring
    b of a fetus : having attained such form and development of organs as to be normally capable of surviving outside the uterus
    • a 26-week old viable fetus
    c : capable of growing or developing
    • viable seeds
    • viable eggs
    2 a : capable of working, functioning, or developingadequately
    • viable alternatives
    b : capable of existence and development as an independent unit
    • The colony is now a viable state.
    c (1) : having a reasonable chance of succeeding
    • a viable candidate
    (2) : financially sustainable
    • a viable enterprise
  7. segap Augur

Are you saying you don't even have RoS? And yet you're making arguments about how doable content is?
  8. Bobsmith Augur

So you stated you don't have the expansion,and that people were in vp day one(2 guilds worth) , and that ppl stockpile conflagarant diamonds from vp.
    All of these things prove how out of touch you are with the truth.
  9. Tornicade_IV Augur

doable is subjective.I am citing reasons why I am not buying this expansion.
    The 4% increase from EOK2 group gear to ROS1 Group gear is definitely a factor. Especially when the mobs were tuned up so much to merit an 18% gear increase.
    I don't need the Expansion to see the itemization and group progression requirements. Nor the gear up path.
    Feznik likes this.
  10. Tornicade_IV Augur

well there is things like /w all, Bazaar. /barter. and actually talking to people.
    now you've made an exaggeration of my post to try and make some point.

if you do a .wall 110 by class you can pretty much have a good idea who is where and doing what.

now perhaps Luclin is the anomaly but when I go through the classes and do a who all I see a small portion of of 110s actually in VP and the majority of those who finished and Farmed EOK raid level.
    The Majority of the 110's that are not in ROS. they are in EOK.

I have been on luclin for 14 years. I know who the raiders are. I know who some of their alts are and their traders. I also have a good idea who the non-raider demographic are and those in mixed gear.

it isn't rocket science.

You expect Raiders to get a jump on group Content. its one fo the advantages of being raid geared however this is by far more disproportionate than in the past.

Eq has such a healthy portion of returning players who have come back to the game in the last 2 years or so . This expansion has definitely set those guys back

would it have really been a crime to se the ROS Tier 1 gear as viable upgrades linear to the rest of the gear vs content. as opposed to making these guys wait and farm for a full set of tradeskill gear before they could start progression.
  11. Bobsmith Augur

Lol, you are the one exaggerating 3rd person information. And yes compared to some other servers luclin is the anomally. Luclin has a lower population than more than a few live servers. From my own first hand experience...bristle>povar>luclin as far as pop goes and successful raid guilds. Your info is skewed at best and the rest is only an opinion. Where as you are entitled to it.... It can still be uneducated and consiquentally incorrect.
  12. smash Augur

Well ros equipment levels no different than eok or any earlier expansions.

The only difference is that they made ts items. Which is made to give tradeskillers something to do, after they introduced the 350 skills last year.

This ofc. likely result in increased kronos sale, or at least they might have thought so.

The ts gives an alternate route to get equipped, by buying ts ingredients or ts made items in bazaar for people who would not otherwise be able to, even if only fighting in tbm/eok.

I got number of alts which i will supply with ts items only, and fight with as is and not using main.

I might be raider, but i enjoy playing alts as well without raidequipment.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

I never said you had no right to do so. I am just saying you are a bit late to the party, is all, probably too late to actually affect any changes in the game considering it is already two months in. But, hey, who knows, perhaps you're the voice they need to hear.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

No-one was in VP on the first day to farm mats.
    However, before the first patch you didn't need the VP-key to enter the instanced 2-group mission.
    That explains all the super-early explore achievements you saw from fast questers.

I don't remember the mission dropping that many TS-mats(if any), but TS-farming was not the objective at all, at least not in my "mini-raid". :)
    Bobsmith likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Do not put all raiders in the same camp. Some of us enjoy playing alts in group gear, and even when playing with our raid chars enjoy a nice relaxing play style, than having to have the same level of concentration as raiding.
    Zhaunil_AB and Bobsmith like this.
  16. Tornicade_IV Augur

The group itemization is certainly different.

1st EOK was a significant power boost for Group gear to coincide with a significant boost in difficulty of content.

before that TDS Tier 2 visible at better than the TBM visible and TBM itemization was slanted towards non visible gear upgrades.

384 base ac 3300HP to EOK1 - 571 AC 4k hp for the SK BP. EOK 2 is still a 5-6% upgrade.

An Earlier poster pointed out the increase between 100 COTF to 105 TDS yet the tier 1 gear is no trade and relatively to acquire.

so the itemization is different,

Content has been ramped up for two consecutive expansions . the ROS 1 gear certainly does merit a 9 percent increase of the approximate 4% one.

17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Perhaps the dumbest thing posted on Forum-Quest in 2018, and that’s saying something. Congrats.

You should replace that Gribble image with one of these:
    [IMG]

And it would fit your posts/thread better.
    EnchFWO, Warpeace and Sancus like this.
  18. Tornicade_IV Augur

Okay.. what exact reason do so many player who happen to be raiders be so threatened and on the attack about a post regarding group itemization?

are you disputing that Raider in raid gear get through new group content first because they are the best geared?
    you really believe that ROS1 at $% instead of 9% makes no difference on in acquiring the better tradeskill and ros2 gear?

not really sure why so many people who happen to be raiders would object to a thread about itemization of T1 group gear as vehemently as this thread.

People who choose to raid aren't my CEO's They don't play a harder game than I do. Raid and group progression are different. In fact when it comes to the group game they have it pretty easy.

I have nothing against boxers either but when someone who thinks its so easy to get optimum groups every time you log on then why are they paying for 4 accounts to run group content with ?

you guys can keep attacking me all you want. it just gives me more opportunities to stick to the subject
  19. Warpeace Augur

Its not the gear that gets them (Raiders) through the "group" Content first.
  20. DomeGuy23 New Member

Should it be possible to group in a new expansion with group level gear while in a less than DPS heavy group, or even as a capable boxer? To me that is the question.

I play EQ when it is cold. So I usually start a new expansion with the old one half-finished progression wise. Sometimes I go back and finish, sometimes I want to push ahead. Tradeskill gear has ALWAYS allowed me to do this (banded armor, 1pp per AC at Shady!).

This year, I decided not to complete EoK and went from mostly TBM and a bit of EoK gear into RoS. It was hard, and I got splattified a lot. By the end of January, I had a full set of Tradeskill plate on my PAL main, and a half set on my "best" alt, the ENC ( I also bot a Mage).

So I was able to do this, and it is something I do every couple years. Is this so wrong?