Way to go Valhallah

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Whulfgar Augur

I know people who are in RoI and MS back in the day, who had alts .. in guilds like Triton .. It is so common now .. one would think its normal ..
  2. Whulfgar Augur

And, that is 1 major major major reason, that I myself do not raid gear any alts even tho I've many many of them ..
  3. Amarylis New Member

wrong
  4. Rafather Augur

Basically what I am getting out of this post is that 8 ROI alts are better then 90% of the raiding population.
    Axxius, Marike and Sancus like this.
  5. Repthor Augur

[IMG]
    Nudia, Fohpo and Sancus like this.
  6. Kuvani Journeyman

I just wanted to point out that Wuddy made the best comment in this thread, and I feel like it was underappreciated.
    Fehu and kizant like this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Skill > Gear. Odds are those people even on alts play well. So if there are 8 of them you have 8 people you know won't suck (well, gear can happen, but it's not a huge issue)
  8. Wizlard Augur

Basically, these 8 alts are a force of nature that effectively dominates events for Valhallah.
  9. Allayna Augur

You got eh purty mouth
  10. newphonewhodis New Member

Congrats Valhallah on taking almost two full weeks off, and still coming back and passing guilds. Great job to everyone who participated in their win.

To the people commenting about RoI alts being in Valhallah, I encourage you to apply and figure out which members are from ROI based off just their performance and parse data alone (without getting any information from any other players). Valhallah has a solid roster with solid players in all shapes and forms. I've played with majority of their players, and have seen a lot of their parse data. Also take time to note that Valhallah had to have downed content without those RoI members as there had to have been a schedule conflict at some point.

As said above skill is better then gear so if the guilds wiping know the strats and can't down it, is it safe to say that Valhallah has more skilled players then that guild?

Lastly even thought they play on a server where gear is tradable, who could possibly be selling them gear if no one is downing the content other then them?
    Tiggold likes this.
  11. Tiggold Augur

I'm not sure I understand how knowing a working strat ensures a win for a guild. I've been in three successful raiding guilds and none of them do anything the same even when all the working strats are available. On top of that I'm deaf so I don't get to listen to vent and there's one person who is responsible for sending a tell to me to tell me what I need to do or look for. This is the first guild I've been in that doesn't type everything out. You either get it from vent or be good and don't stand in fire. I don't watch videos of people playing video games. I know that's a popular thing but it's not my thing. So when I went into this event all I knew was what Colypso told me was going to happen and what I shouldn't do.

So, a working strat doesn't guarantee a win and people that can hear are a-holes, kind of...mostly...sometimes. Grats us!
    Maedhros likes this.
  12. Fohpo Augur

How did I miss this gem earlier, shitpost game on point.
  13. Sindaiann Augur

LOL

We have a deaf member as well and I consistently ensure triggers have display text and events are explained to him as well, so I understand where you are coming from.

My favorite line, as Tenor likes to joke around a lot, is when he says something in /gu or /g I will say, "I can't hear you. Speak up." He laughs everytime :)

Congrats!!
    Sancus, gotwar and Tiggold like this.
  14. Tiggold Augur

I always tell my group members I can't hear them in vent. It's awesome until someone in the group knows and is like "you're not in vent!" LOL
    Sindaiann likes this.
  15. Horyuken Augur

Olympic raiders from Realm of Insanity ?
  16. gotwar Gotcharms

Congrats right back at you for your Tier 2 completion, RotE!

You have gotten better at painfully dodging goos and bones in pink holes for 20 minutes! (100)

:D
    Maedhros and Nudia like this.
  17. Nudia Augur

Oh, cool, I hadn't seen that ROTE and SR got ST2 down. Grats to both and to ROTE on a T2 clear!

A 19 minute separation on that event by two guilds on the same server is pretty cool, too.
    Maedhros likes this.
  18. Wizlard Augur

They are doping for sure. :mad:
  19. Warpeace Augur

All I got was :oops: