This next patch will almost be like Christmas time!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Fohpo Augur

aDPS in general has gotten a little out of hand, there are simply too many multipliers to keep track of and manage appropriately.
  2. Tucoh Augur

This is an option, but I kind of hope they don't go this route. They did something like this for melee where they made the bonus crit damage in:
    Brutal Onslaught
    Fateseer's Boon
    Glyph of the Cataclysm
    Heroic Rage
    Prophet's Gift of the Ruchu
    Savage Spirit
    Valorous Rage

not stack, and it made the game a lot less fun because you couldn't coordinate with other players and hulk the out. Now you have to sequence your burns which still requires you pay attention, but just isn't as exciting.
    Koryu likes this.
  3. Cleaver Augur

Melee ADPS got the nerf bat awhile ago. Melee crit damage doesnt stack anymore basically nerfing every melee dps. All because the left hand didnt know what the right hand was doing during eok beta.

Druids are great enjoy it while it last.
  4. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Yeah let's nerf the qualities of the game that don't affect you in particular.

[IMG]
    Felicite, Pano, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

In my druiding adventures I basically only use DoTs on Gift of Mana triggers or on a named mob / quest mob that needs to be killed quickly otherwise bad things happen.

For regular killing, DoTs simply bleed mana too quickly and force too many med breaks. Just nuking mobs to death ends up being faster.

Solo I think the max tick I've seen out of a Nature's DoT is around 500,000 with everything running (Twincast/Intensity/Debuffs). Which, doesn't seem too absurd considering the cost of the spell and the current HP pools on mobs.
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My Christmas list! :-
    Finally fix druid skin not being overwritten by cleric buff
    Remove ROS spells/abilities from from 106+ NPC in expansions prior to ROS
    Change HAs to reasonable difficulty for 106+ players based on the original conception of doable with 2 - 3 players + mercs taking 30 - 45 minutes.
    Retuning Fell Foliage to the difficulty expected of the entry level for the expansion.
    Making dots curable from OT NPCS/lessening their effects
    Fix VP quest items
    Fix the chat lag
    Fix the lag when using the raid management tool.
    Fix the server disconnects
    Fix the various pet issues
    Fix synergys to make it worth purchasing level 11 - various classes
    Fix the guild manager - it is doing my head in!
    Fix the bug when you suddenly become ungrouped after zoning

That it for now, i'm sure there will be much, much more to come in the patch, but the above is my wish list. :)

....Oh and I really really want a new graphics card mine has just fallen over and will no longer work on my PC! Though its running windows Xp...so maybe a new comp might be a better idea! Thank goodness for laptop. :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. mmats Augur

Its really not that out of hand, until you get to sham/druid/ench dots. It would be much more efficient to change the dots and only affect these few classes, rather than change the adps and affect everyone.
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Anytime somebody gets beat on the parse by somebody else of a different class.

[IMG]
  9. Galien Journeyman

#MeeToo
  10. Fohpo Augur

Filthy druids, violating you like that
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Shoot, why bother with a different class. I get outparsed by another rogue. Nerf rogues. Except for me, so I can be top Rogue parser.
  12. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

yes lets rewrite how the game works for everyone else so you can keep your various 20,000 to 50,000 base dots. I get that on your own you have poor mana regen tools and can't hit the same highs as in a raid setting. But your dps potential as a priest is still higher than actual dps classes when everything is equal. Your high with or without adps is still higher than anyone elses under those same conditions, you just can't maintain it for 5 or 10 minutes straight on your own. In a raid you can be fed things to keep it going in a group setting if you drop the hammer you just have to utilize out of combat regen more frequently for all that power. Or use older versions of the dots for less boom but also less mana.

The only issue as far as adps is chromatic haze and gift of chromatic haze. They should not work on your big nuke dot. They work on some shaman and enchanter dots as well but their base dot isn't as much damage as yours and they don't have the same dot tools you guys have. No class should have dots as big as shaman, druid or enchanters have unless its a doom dot they should all be 10,000 or 15,000 and not work with chromatic haze.
    mmats likes this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
  14. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Here's what a round of DoT stacking looks like for druids.

1. Chill of the Wildtender - 22763 mana
    2. Pearlescent Moonbeam - 17418 mana
    3. Overwhelming Sunray - 16249 mana
    4. Horde of Polybiads - 19063 mana
    5. Sunflame - 11363 mana

Last but not least, the main spell being criticized here

6. Nature's Blistering Wrath - at a whopping 24,409 mana.

Add that to a total cost of 111,265 mana.

If you do a magelo search by rankings, you'll find the the highest tier druids have roughly 200k mana. Also keep in mind that we have no way to self-sustain mana with the exception of our bear pets, which give maybe 10% mana back on a 5 minute cooldown.

Now let's not forget that the Wrath line comes with an 18 second cooldown. So it can't exactly be spammed relentlessly. And even if it could, a druid would be OOM in no time flat if using it exclusively.

Next we'll talk about chromatic haze. It allows for 2 casts within a 16 second timeframe. So again, it can only be used with the wrath spell one time. So while it's very nice, it's highly limited and therefore doesn't qualify as OP.

It was also brought up that IoG and the druid dot increase (Destructive Vortex) will stack with it. Well..no...sorry. Wrong again. Destructive Vortex and IoG do not stack. So you gotta pick one or the other. And again, once IoG is used it's back on a 12 minute cooldown. Limited, therefore not OP.

The point of this boring post of mine is to illustrate that while a druid CAN do exceptional DPS, said DPS cannot be sustained, requires a fair amount of teamwork and coordination from an appropriate ADPS class, and it comes at the price of going OOM pretty quickly.
    Tatanka, Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  15. DruidCT Augur

Suits me. The point is that my spell isn't causing the problem, the combination of ADPS effects is. Fix the ADPS to give the result you want not my base spell.
    Tatanka likes this.
  16. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Lol, wrong on so many levels. The problem was they didn't handle the revamps properly and gave a very powerful dot class to much of an increase on a bunch of dots. If they had given druids dots ranging from 8,000 to 15,000 max and we wouldn't be in this current situation and your dps would have gone up from what it was.
  17. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

We get it your dots have a very high cost. But your ignoring various AA lines, augments, buffs, tribute and worn items that impact those mana numbers.

Everyone's job comes at a cost. But a tank cant decide he wants to heal like a priest by suddenly trading away his endurace. Or a wizard can't trade all his mana to suddenly tank like a warrior for 4 minutes. Yet here we are debating if its ok for a druid to out dps every other dps class when it suits them. With the rational being it takes a toll so that makes it ok. Druids doing dps is great or having a choice to do more at a higher cost isn't the issue its that by making that choice you out perform real dps classes currently.
    mmats likes this.
  18. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

What situation? The situation of somebody whining on the forums about what another class does that has absolutely 0 impact on their gaming experience? Have you skimmed through these forums recently? People are complaining about clicking a checkmark when they log onto the site. Just look . I'm highly confident that we will be in this "situation" no matter what happens. If experience tells us anything, it's that if you get your wish, a change will be made. That change will have highly adverse consequences that your short-sightedness will prevent you from anticipating. These consequences will be much worse than the original problem.

It's like trying to adjust an angular boresight by 2 minutes and 6 seconds. A slight error in the calibration and now you're off by 2 degrees. Now you have even more people coming to these forums to complain. But at that point it's a "boy who cried wolf" situation. You complain. A change is made. You continue to complain, but now your voice goes unheard because a second adjustment isn't going to be made.

The moral of the story is to stop whining. Just stop it. Calling for nerfs is quite possibly the dumbest thing a person can do in any game. Not only does it expose your salty haterade, but it shows that you lack gaming experience or are unwilling/unable to learn from historical trends. Nerfs ruin games, they don't make them better.
    Rolaque, Tatanka and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. DruidCT Augur

I'm not really saying to nerf the ADPS mechanisms, I'm just pissed with all of you making it sound like druids are going around out-dpsing everyone everywhere and thats just not the case.
  20. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

People just to is not the same as a priest class having the ability to out dps everyone. Class balance is a thing and in this case its not a small leaning to one side deal its a massive leap.