Has your guild beaten the Queen since RoS came out?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Waldagar, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Sancus Augur

Unfortunately that's a player problem. It's probably a combination of your DPS hitting the wrong buttons and your ADPS hitting the wrong buttons, or just not hitting buttons at all. A level increase won't fix that.

That's not an easy problem to fix, especially if no one is doing as much damage as they should be. It would be difficult to assign class leads to fix the problem. There are a lot of good guides out there though, somehow you have to encourage people to research on their own. If you want to direct your Mages to me I'm happy to help, but you have a lot of different classes that all really need to step up.

One thing that might help is to make sure you post parses in visible places and make sure your leadership emphasizes the need to improve performance. That can sometimes motivate people to change their play.
  2. p2aa Augur

You have indeed 0 chance to beat Cactus raid with this kind of DPS.
    As you said it, RoS raids are out of reach for you. If you would want to attempt them, I would suggest you to tackle Gorowyn raid, which is the easiest raid in RoS T1.
    I'm not saying that you will beat this raid with this kind of DPS, but you will have more chance at this raid which requires imo the least DPS of the 3 T1 RoS raids. When I say "the least", it still requires enough good amount of DPS to do it, but way less than OT raid still imo.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True, Gorowyn was surprisingly easy. With all the talk about how RoS was harder than EoK, I expected it to pose a much bigger challenge. Im guessing one easy raid per expansion is normal?
    Yinla likes this.
  4. smash Augur

I dont know what is worst for a guild, to be told outright you have 0 chance at all to beat this raid with that kind of dps, or let them try repeatedly falling.
    Here I am thinking mentally.

Both got major disadvantages, but then they will likely already be in a cycle where people stop showing up, when certain raids are called. Things that can/will happen, people stop showing up, people does not do their best, they hope they avoid the deaths.

So the guild need to set some realistic targets, they cannot expect to be in top League, if the team in only ready for 4th League.

Maybe some middle tier guilds should do a few posts about, what is required in dps to win the various raids
  5. Cicelee Augur

Sounds like the guild needs 8 ROI alts in it...
    Slippry, Axxius and High Voltage like this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Can have as many as you want, if the others cant perform at a basic level a fail is a fail.

Why you got to be so salty?
  7. Warpeace Augur

If your Paladin need help or just want to bounce things they can look me up on FV.
  8. Cicelee Augur

Well I was trying to be sarcastically funny with a reference to the Valhallah thread. But if you interpreted it as salty, then my bad. Hopefully others smiled and found it ever so slightly amusing...
    High Voltage, Brohg and Maedhros like this.
  9. Rashod Lorekeeper

We did not beat Queen until after ROS came out, however we still lose more often than we win. As with you our problem is large portions of the raid that do little to no DPS and/or have major skill gaps.

With that in mind:
    1. We pile everyone (queen, captain, adds on top of each other) maximizing AE heals from alliance, swell, etc. Keeps DPS close to mobs and everyone alive.
    2. Burn from the start, and roll the discs as they come back.
    3. Warcasters are the major priority, when we wipe its because these didn't get vaporized. Simply ensure everyone with an AE hits them immediately and as long as a few of those hit they will just fall over. Our best class for this are our bards.
    4. We kill adds when they spawn on the 20%s and leave the single spawns (unless its a warcaster/mender) until the sycos spawn. As were bringing in the sycos we are cleaning up the adds. We really can't just "ignore the adds" because we will end up with too many adds and don't have the players to keep all of that under control.
    5. I think our threshold for wins has been right at about 4 million sustained DPS. If we don't get there we don't win.

I would do your best to get people to try to learn how to DPS. Try to get the people doing <50% of someone else of the same class to talk with the "highest" parser you have for that class. Or better yet have them reach out to someone on the boards here or just read the boards here. It typically correlates that those that actually use the boards here and use the guild boards are the higher performers for us. I understand how hard this can be, we still have Mages less than 50k, Enchanters at 20k, Rangers at 20-40k, Beastlords <50k, Clerics casting 1/5 the spells of others, and the list goes on and on so I totally understand the frustration. Our top five are typically 30-40% of the DPS on sustained and can approach 50% on a burn.

Also, be sure to post the cast lists from the parses on your boards so similar classes can see what people are and are not using. This has been the best way for us to start discussion amongst the members.

As for Cicelee, 8 alts that know as much of ROI could easily carry a guild through this stuff. I regularly watch 10-15 not ROI caliber people carry the guild through content.;)

Feel free to send me any questions you have and while I'm certainly not the best Beastlord around I am more than willing to talk with any of your Beastlords if they want to.
    Tarvas likes this.
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

that's makes me sad in my hearthole.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Probably the most frustrating thing for me is looking at how little some people cast on certain classes. Just keep up the conversation with them and try to get your guild leadership involved.
  12. Brohg Augur

:eek:

THAT's neat. Just Denon's?
  13. Rashod Lorekeeper

Vanglorious shout.
  14. Brohg Augur

oh. ack.
  15. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

:(
  16. Bigstomp Augur

A cleric healing via a 5 line social with pauses makes me cry.
    Fullwin, Slippry and Gundolin like this.
  17. Waldagar Augur

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I will do my best to pass them on to the leadership. I have to tip my cap to the leadership of this open raid forces as it has to be like herding kittens.
  18. Fohpo Augur

Just returned after an extended break on my bard, haven't done Queen yet, but we did all of the T3 events and Vault on my bard last night. Definitely seemed significantly easier than before, and that's with some of the people I didn't recognize obviously not performing perfectly. Way delayed epic timings, what seemed like a lack of GINA triggers for dispels and what not. I really think a lot of raiding is just getting people to get GINA, get on TeamSpeak, and getting people on the same page about aDPS and timings. A lot of the mechanics in EverQuest aren't truly difficult, I have an extensive raiding history in WoW too and can say that mechanically speaking - EverQuest is pretty simple. Still have a few friends who are raiding high-end Mythic and from what they say some of the fights have become complete spaghetti in terms of everything happening.

The important part is just fostering a culture of constructive and constant improvement is what separates an average guild from one that can progress.
  19. Maedhros High King

Everything is pretty simple under a certain perspective right?
    I mean all Michael Jordan did is run up and down a court and throw a ball in to a steel hoop right?

The myriad aspects of what makes up a raid are all simple at the smallest level but what sets great players and great guilds apart is all in the execution of many simple details.
  20. Fohpo Augur

Fair enough, wasn't trying to be condescending or demeaning, just meant that I really that guild culture and environment were really important. Pushing groups to get coordinated with aDPS, getting people to use GINA, etc., are all really important in progressing forward.