This next patch will almost be like Christmas time!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Will likely be one of the most consequential patches in EQ history and unwrapping it will provide some big surprises. I sure hope it's not socks and underwear again...
  2. Tamaden Elder

Well, not quiet like Christmas. I don't remember waiting for returned toy car that was taken away AND DB only promise a wheel at the very most....

PS: We might even get that funky looking Spare tire....
    Gyurika Godofwar, Mordeen and Metanis like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

What do you expect will be in it?

I'm thinking:
    Fixed VP items (skull of null etc)
    Nerfed HA scaling
    Nerfed Fell Foliage
    Maybe nerfed druid DoTs? (and possibly nerfed shaman / enc / rng / bst DoTs too?)
  4. Fohpo Augur

You mean... your parents never took things away from you a few weeks prior to Christmas just to regift it?
  5. Tyche Elder

Reduce HA exp by 60%.
    Add 14 hour timers
    The usual punitive changes when people complain.
    Metanis likes this.
  6. Fohpo Augur

Delete tradeskill gear from RoS, nerf group gear drop rates further, buff TBM and Tier 1 raids in EoK to punish those looking to begin raiding.
  7. fransisco Augur

What is it with people asking for druids to be nerfed (And rarely shamans).
    My bet is most of them have shaman bots...

Why even nerf druids? Cause they are worth playing for the 1st time on 15 years?
    Gyurika Godofwar, Tatanka and Metanis like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I don't think they should be nerfed, I'm just making predictions.

I don't play a druid, but personally, if we can agree that druids are a little on the strong side right now, I think letting them ride that wave until the next expansion makes the game more fun and interesting than continuously tweaking balance to keep all the classes at some boring level of balance.
    Gana and Daedly like this.
  9. Fohpo Augur

Based on this logic, I think it's time to un-nerf monks from the Tigole/Furor days.
  10. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Maybe because they are a priest who can also beat anyone in a parse. No class should be able to have a 10 million damage dot tick and claim its for the good of the game.

Nature's Fiery Wrath Rk. III
    Classes: DRU/105
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 15572
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Fire -10
    Reflectable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Stacking: Nature's Blazing Wrath 21
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 18s, Timer: 9, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 18s+ (3 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Current HP by 16729
    2: Decrease Current HP by 32011 per tick

Illusions of Grandeur III
    Classes: ENC/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Target Group, MGB: No
    Range: 200', AE Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 11 is 'Worn Proc Rate' and < 1000
    2: Increase Chance to Critical DoT by 13%
    3: Increase Critical DoT Damage by 120% of Base Damage
    5: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 13%
    6: Increase Critical Nuke Damage by 160% of Base Damage
    Text: Illusions of Grandeur fill your mind.

Chromatic Haze VIII
    Classes: ENC/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Target Group, MGB: No
    Range: 200', AE Range: 200'
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks) Song, Dispelable: No
    Max Hits: 2 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 380% (Before Crit)
    2: Limit Type: Detrimental
    3: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    4: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    5: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP less than -100
    10: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 100%
    11: Increase Spell Damage by 380% (Before Crit)
    12: Limit Type: Detrimental
    13: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating less than -100
    14: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    15: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    Text: You feel strengthened by magic.

Twincast Rk. III
    Classes: DRU/85 WIZ/85 MAG/85
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 1
    Target: Self
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 5m, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Chance to Twincast by 100%
    2: Limit Effect: Current HP
    3: Limit Effect: Exclude Twincast Blocker
    4: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    5: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    6: Limit Type: Detrimental
    Text: Your detrimental magic splits with the focusing of Twincast.

and whatever that dot enhancing aa line is that druids get.

COME ON MAN
  11. p2aa Augur

I would wait for patch note before shouting victory.
    Strumph likes this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You're complaining about a TICK? sheesh.

I haven't seen an enchanter in my group in ages, and I don't raid. My DPS is just fine where it is, since I can only do it a short while before I'm OOM (with no real tools to replenish it quickly while in combat).

If they do anything at all, I really hope it only affects raiders, since the scrub group game doesn't need addressing.
  13. Stephen51 Augur

I Agree with P2aa. Over the last year DB have brought in changes that were welcomed by most, but peppered throughout them have been class breaking and/or game breaking and/or ham-fisted implementation and/or befuddling changes that have made many angry and nearly everyone scratch their heads.

One Christmas when I was maybe 9 or 10, I remember getting lots of really good presents. Later on Christmas day my younger cousin came to visit, and broke most of it. So yes it might be like that Christmas.
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Because Shamans have been nerfed multiple times since the DoT revamp, while Druids stayed under the radar. Everyone cried like hell when Shaman DPS was revealed and they got nerfed, now people are realizing Druids are able to do the exact same thing. As others have pointed out the crazy parse numbers are by no means sustainable, the amount of mana it takes to produce those high numbers will drain even the best raid geared Druid/Shaman.
  15. fransisco Augur

I wasn't aware shaman dots had been changed. However, unlike druids, shamans basically have infinite mana.

Also, I didn't mean to personally attack anyone here (like Tucoh) I just quoted a single thread that was mentioning druids to illustrate a general theme on the boards lately.
    Tucoh likes this.
  16. Fohpo Augur

Just of curiousity, how many guilds actually have enough druids/clerics to let druids go ham on meters and not heal? Or is this more like a Zakneffin (sp? =[ ) DPS warrior thing where you only have a few niche cases of them getting to actually DPS with supporting roles in the group? I'm not defending druid DPS, they may be a little on the high side in terms of raid damage and could be scaled back some (not nerfed into the ground again though).
    Strumph likes this.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Hoping they address some of the old issues with DoDH Missions and Raids. Several of the request requirements are incorrect and many of the raid emote triggers filter to all sorts of random places. Would be nice if it all was standardized.

PoR AoC instances added to Test Server hopefully so that guilds can flag into Deathknell without having to deal with mobs.

I think that's about it. Maybe some buffs to Mercenaries on Live and capping of HA Scaling specifically for progression missions so I can perhaps nooo my way through TBM progression at level 109-110.

If they do change DoTs it likely should be ADPS stacking. If they end up fiddling with raw values they need to change the mana and the damage components properly and I'm not sure they will.
    Strumph likes this.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Shamans can probably self sustain DPS longer then Druids, but the new DoTs drain mana faster then we can Canny it back. Only DoTing 1 mob at a time it still out drains what we canny back, if DoTing multiple mobs at once expect to be oom very quick.
    Strumph likes this.
  19. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Yes. That tick and it can be two is a big part of the problem. No other class has the potential to drop 20,000,000 damage in 12 seconds. Chromatic haze and gift of chromatic haze should have remained nuke only, not sure why dzarn changed that ot include nuke dots as it only opened up this can of worms. Second no class should have ever gotten over 15,000 base damage dots especially one that has 5 minute reuse spell twincast spell and Improved Twincast despite not actually being a dps class.

Name another class that can do 10,000,000 damage in 6 seconds, I'll wait.
    Druids can out burn anyone else at times.
    Druids can out sustain anyone at times.
    Druid can still do all their other priest things.

Lets not pretend this is OK for the good of the game.
  20. DruidCT Augur

How about we nerf the ADPS factors, cause as a group druid I almost never see any of that. I pay for my DPS with an insane mana cost and crap for mana regen.
    Rolaque, Cloudia and Tatanka like this.