ROS T1 Group Visible Gear... Is this a Joke?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tornicade_IV, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Tucoh Augur

I think that's an interesting challenge, but as you well know a warrior with 12.5k AA is like a casual warrior that just logged in for the first time in three years!
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be interested in seeing the difficulty increase to NPCs. It seems the NPCs this time around are a lot more difficult than they were last expansion.

How much harder are the missions this time round to last expansion? How much harder are the trash NPCs this expansion? How much harder are the named NPCs?

if the difficulty of these NPCs/missions have increased the same % as the gear then I don't see too much of a problem, if they are (as many suspect) dishing out a higher % of damage and have a higher % HP increase, then the gear should be better than it is or the DPS output/NPC HP/mitigation should be reduced.

Group players need the right level of gear to deal with the group content.
  3. Tamaden Elder

Torn, would you stop with gear whining and gaps. you don't like it? GO RAID!!! I am flat out tiered of <PLEASE NERF> this or that talks, because that is exactly what you doing. Not one time something was boosted up after compressing whiny argument in whole EQ life
  4. Tamaden Elder

EQ known for nerfs not boosts, is this what you after?
  5. Fohpo Augur

Priest dots?
  6. Hitty Augur

btw... anybody mentioned that the Tradeskill-Gear in RoS is horrible to make? Without the 17 Euro potion from DGB you are failing quite a time. If you are not 350 and that itself is horrible to do then you are really screwed. And even then you have a big gap to the trivial of this armor.

To say it is easy to get means that the guy saying this is only buying it for money but never did it for himself. And if so.... anything is easy once accomplished... but tradeskilling and making armor with 420+ trivial is all but easy. It is timeconsuming, costs an insane amount of money and if some giving this compassion for free then like in real life people are not seeing worth in it.

That is the reason why some older and more experienced guys never spoil people. Because they think it is not worth anything and it is easy...
  7. Lheo Augur

EVERYONE who asks for a NERF should lose his account, deleted his chars and bann his CC forever
    (iam so sick of these grumpy people)
  8. Fohpo Augur

How day they require you to have tradeskills maxed to make the second strongest group gear available in-game! It's time consuming to make it an alternative to actual group gear - if they made it disgustingly easy to get without some sort of investment then casuals would be done week 1.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Considering auto grant aa maxes out between 9500 and just over 10k.. Id say 2.5k aa gained in 18 months as casual .. Big time casual. .
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't think they need a nerf just a retune :p lol

I'm not grumpy, now having a blast in the tutorial.
  11. Hitty Augur

I think it is good as it is. That some really give them away too cheap is a problem of these people then. If they have the money and waste it, good. But it is like the PLed or Ebay'ed people. Once they need to put work into something or don't get PLed or "spoiled" anymore, they get grumpy and loose interest very fast...
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

Yet your doing content that was mostly moloable with a full box group and taking teice as long .. now trying to pass it off as viable.

Viable and capable are two different things

really why would you care if a grouper gets 4% gear instead of 9% gear to Mixed with 13% over EOK2 tradeskilled gear.

With a boxed healer and multiple DPS mercs your using a premium setup that aren't viable for most actual group configurations.

(% increase as opposed to 4 does make the tradeskill gear any less in demand and it makes the time sink of gear progression in ROS far more viable.

I didn't know non beta testers had no right to comment con content or itemization once it went live. glad I could provide you amusement.
  13. Tornicade_IV Augur

how is asking for an itemization increase to RS1 gear.. a Nerf Request?
  14. Warpeace Augur

Its simply not needed. Probably not what you want to hear, but it really isn't.

Some of the content does need reduced in difficulty for our casual player friends...yes that's coming from an elitist raider that already has almost everything done.
    Bobsmith and Yinla like this.
  15. Tornicade_IV Augur

Another option. if the ROS Tier 1 isn't gonna be the 9 percent it should be. then the stuff should be tradable. just like castaway was.
  16. Millianna Augur

I am going to have to disagree- RoS t2 gear is to close to EoK raid gear as it is. People are either going after RoS t2 or crafted. Casual raiders are already scr wed anyways. Next expansion they are going to need EoK progression so they can do RoS raids. I guess if we are lucky, some of the new expansion raids will be doable.
  17. redline Lorekeeper

Wait until you guys are trying to get the t2 ros drops. Now that is something to complain about
    Millianna likes this.
  18. Bobsmith Augur

Why is it you think it "should" be 9%
  19. Tornicade_IV Augur

9% is half of 18%?
  20. Bobsmith Augur

and...
    Whulfgar likes this.