ROS T1 Group Visible Gear... Is this a Joke?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tornicade_IV, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Is this a joke ?

You literally have multiple ways to gear up .. an your complaining about 1 of 3 ways .. to gear up ?

1. Follow intended gear path (EoK T2 to RoS T1 to RoS T2) (by the time you finish this path you will additionally easily be max AA'ed on any toon you so choose to do this path with..)

2. Raid .. simply raid an get gear YAY !! ITS SOO EASY ! ! !

3. Player made Trade Skill armors .. (first you gotta get to the right level, your complaining about gear that you still can not use as of this post .. ) This is the easist way, and is a half tier better then T1 RoS grp contained gear.

So perhaps this post is really .. about being lazy ?
    Narogg likes this.
  2. Tornicade_IV Augur

no poor itemizations for ros T1 gear.

why is it 4% instead of 9?

and tradeskill to ROS2 is a more viable way. that's 1 way to gear up.

Why are you attacking the poster instead of addressing the content.

which is ros1 tier 1 gear is tuned to half of what it should be.

or that Mob tuning is increasing the gap between raid and group gear.

Imo opinion as someone who has logged in over a thousand raids/

lazy gearing is raiding.

especially now with raid currency
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

LOL... gonna bet you've never actually raided. This thread, and all of your responses are hilarious.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Who cares how large the upgrade is. Either play or dont ?

That is 1 of 3 ways to gear up. Yes.

Please tell me how I'm attacking a poster ?
    Raid currency's been in the game .. longer then it has not been in game ..

Raid gearing is harder then any grp gearing content .. Thats not even debatable.
  5. Tornicade_IV Augur

You called me lazy because I believe that the ROS 1 gear being a 4% increase instead of 9% is a problem

or that mobs tuned to increase the benefit of raid gear and minimize Group gear impact doesn't increase the gap between gear sets.

Raiding isn't hard. it is different and for people in raid gear. group content is not hard at all

so why do a few raiders feel the need to take a crap on people who prefer not to raid or advocate things made more difficult for them.
    Mordeen likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

I did not call you lazy. I clearly had a --> ? <-- in there. That mean's I was Questioning if you are. You DO know the difference of a question, verses a statement yes?
    Ain't nobody taking a crap on anyone's parade ..

If you personally feel that you have every right to speak your opinion, yet other's absolutely can not speak their opinions on the game (cause thats clearly taking a crap on them)

I dunno what to tell ya bud.. But life gets A L O T .. harder then that ..
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Quoted .. for posterity .. Notice the question mark, which indicates it was in fact an actual question.

Allow me to help you with this fast.

So perhaps this post is really .. about beaing lazy! <-- that being a statement aka .. me flat out calling you lazy.

See the difference ?
  8. Tornicade_IV Augur

I know you want to deflect this thread off the fact that ROS1 Tier 1 gear is poorly itemized weighing in at 4% instead of what it should be( 9% )

Also you keep talking about "hard". This Content isn't hard or difficult for you because your EOK raid gear is far superior than any version of ROS group gear but while you have gear that make all this stuff "easy" for you. You then come into a thread and ask someone if they are lazy for pointing out an itemization oversight and that a flat percentage boost to AC and HP doesn't equate to balance between the raid and group gear.

Now I don't care how long its gonna take raiders to get their new tradeskill or raid drop gear ultimately when it comes to group content. they are already geared for the content.

The people who are not should be directed to put in this timesink on ROS1 gear for content the Devs have stated is intended to be harder for what is a nominal upgrade over what they already have.

As a returning player 5 months back from a 3 year break ( 10 years actively subscribed before then)
    I see no reason to purchase this expansion
  9. segap Augur

TDS, the last level cap expansion, t1 group gear was identical to cotf t2 group gear. It's only bennefit was not being prestige and being droppable. Previous level cap expansions had similar t1 gear that followed the previous expansion's top tier. RoS only has two tiers, so I'm guessing that's why the t1 offers a boost from eok. There are also some t1 non-visibles that have more ac than the t2 ones giving an option for those that favor it.

I've boxed both RoS t1 and t2 zones using only eok t2 group gear on all characters. It wasn't difficult. There are some definite annoyances. Certain group make ups are very likely easier than others. I did this without all being 110. They did all have all the important aa through eok. My warrior was 106 and tanked all of the OT progression, including the HS crawl. It really wasn't hard. It's even easier at 110 with more aa and some RoS gear.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

EoK raid to group = 1:0.75
    RoS raid to group = 1:0.75
    The - relative - gap remained the same. As is normal with increasing numbers that means that the absolute distance became greater, yes.
    I've said it elsewhere, i'd with for a much closer gap - in the extreme even "group stats" on raid gear in group content.
    But such an agenda gets torpedoed by the oh-so-superior raiders all the time.

Well yes, they've increased the distance again somewhat to the previous expansion.
    Which isn't a bad move in itself imo, especially thinking back to similar threads last year - only those were about how overpowered EoK group AC was compared to TBM raid.

All in all, a more moderate increase in gear stats would be in order imo.
    That would enable us to keep more than one expansion back as viable raid targets, while also diminishing the distance of returners - their gear would be much closer and thus also more viable in current content, even after a year or two or three of abesence (which is the reality we're faced with).

Back in my time, open PoP and CoA raids were done for years.
    i've done them even though i was already raiding in Prophecy of Ro for example.
    (with ALTs mostly of course, but still - it was "worthwhile raiding" for the more casual crowd)
    Since then, we've had - i am not sure at which point exactly, but it looks like it was around HoT or shortly thereafter - a huge increase of the (absolute) distance.
    And i have said that even back then:
    We owe this to the distances being "calculated" as relative distances, and that becomes worse the more expansions we're seeing.

Instead, gear "distance" should be an absolute thing, if it's deemed necessary to exist in the first place.
    That - the absolute distance being maintained for years instead of a relative one - would make things much easier for tuning, keep gear "around" (as in: worthwhile) longer and soften these level transitions.

However, i am sure that in a year from now, threads like THIS one will have shifted focus to the new expansion's gear again, and that the lamentations about this year's gear will have been forgotten/equalized again.
    Apart from the general problem relative distance vs absolute distance, there is not much point in these threads imo.
    And especially the above quoted "complaint" is not justified in the current "system" of itemization.
    Or rather, i should perhaps say, it's addressing a wrong/moot point.
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Um...
    That doesn't work? intentionally?
    I might of COURSE be wrong, but i know of no way to upgrade TS armors into RoS T2 group.
    The only thing i know about is to upgrade it to RoS raid T0.5, i.e. about squarely between "normal" EoK raid and RoS raid.

Anyways, i contest your "viable way" statement above.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

There's nothing to deflect .. you have been proven wrong by multiple posters on this thread.

Raid gear is now, an always shall be GREATER then grp gear .. I've literally no idea why you seem to think it should not be ..

SWEET happy you brought this up. My lvl 105 warrior in Eok T2 grp content gear (every item named Redstone, on bristlebane) can matter of factly tank ALL grp trash content and most named in RoS.

Whats your next issue with the game now ?

And as I've pointed out given you the name of my alt, lvl 105 12.5k AA'ed EoK T2 geared warrior who can / does tank in RoS rather easily I might add ..

Whats your next excuse ?

I'm sure DBG does not care if 1 house hold does decide to wait for what ever reason you are tryna punish them .. goes away .. for you to purchase the RoS Expansion.
  13. Tornicade_IV Augur

Castaway Tier 3 was a 10% increase from COTF Tier 2. level 104 gear
    Castaway Tier 2 was a 5% increase level 102 gear
    Castaway Tier 1. Was tradeable gear that could either be bought or dropped.and it was level 100 gear

ROS2 is an 18% increase. if your scaling things correctly then ROS1 should be a 9% increase.
    ITs already 105 recommended gear. It would scale by level regardless.
  14. Tornicade_IV Augur

I am not trying to punish anyone. I have absolutely zero reason to buy this expansion. I have a paid 1 year subscription I plan on continuing to play and after the HA Retune I decided to start being more vocal about the game since apparently the non raider viewpoint isn't one that gets expressed on here.

so my question to you is why you haven't put ROS1 gear on your 105 Warrior box? Since you have your little box army ?
  15. Warpeace Augur

How are you looking at Viable?:confused:

Going the player made route is a choice that you have to make. Farm components and make your own gear that starts at 1.5 and stays there. Upgradable to raid version via the diamonds dropped (6) per raid chest. Yes there are drawbacks for going that way but also advantages.

If you choose player made you get gear better then standard T1 but below T2, normally considered T 1.5 quality.

Pro- components drop from trash so easily acquired.

Gain xp while farming components.

Normally faster to get into a full set than camping the standard T1 drops and can avoid rare spawn camping with the nasty mechanics they use this expansion until ready to try them out.

You can actually make every single slot.

Can be upgraded to raid quality gear, as some have called it raid tier .5

Immediate reward of going the Cultural/player made route is get into content faster.

Con- You have to be into trade skills to make it

Your stuck with your player made T 1.5 gear because it can not be upgraded to RoS T2. If you decide you want T2 gear you have to go back and farm it.

If you only argument is player made gear can not be made into T2 you need to go back and look at the history of Cultural gear. Because there is no argument. Player made gear gives the player an immediate advantage to those choosing the standard gear path of farming T1 to upgrade to T2. So they see the benefits faster than a standard gear upgrade path.
    Genoane likes this.
  16. Bobsmith Augur

Thank you. But What is this, logical thinking?!??!?!!?!?!1 incoming more fun filled misinformed posts about 9% :p
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

My question is...why is this question being asked 2 months into the expansion, and not during the Beta?
  18. Bobsmith Augur

Iirc it was all discussed in beta, in depth. Even before the gear had correct stats Ngreth made a vague post with only numbers. The people that used a bit of thought figure out it was the scaling of the teirs if gear. The post then evolved as most do with gripeing and such. Never the less it was discussed and very informative...... My guess is op didn't see any of that since his post is almost exactly the same as another that was shot down by Ngreth.2cp
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Yep, I remember that "discussion" (as you said, it took a left turn into the gripe cornfield). I also agree that the OP probably missed this. But two months in, I doubt that anything is going to be done about it, if something was, Ngreth would have done it back in Beta. This thread did amuse me though, it is kind of like a protester showing up to the protest after it has already dispersed, and protesting anyway.
    Bobsmith likes this.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Ive not upgraded on the alt warrior. Due entirely to the situations of the retuned heroric instances.. Ive purposefully left him EoK t2 geared.. To see what is doable.. Verses whats dontable.. By claims of people here on the forums.

Which is also why ive not finished his agro aa.. His mitigation aa.. Or any thing .. Ive stopped him at 12500ish aa

Again to ensure that i know what i am talking about when it comes to a casual tanks perspective.. On new content / retuned content.