so whats a casual to do?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dontee, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Dontee Elder

Serious question. The scenario is, I don't box (or want to), I came back after a few years off due to RL a few weeks before the HA "thing" at 103 and was doing HA's with my daily hour to 1.5 hour of playtime. I would molo the daily HA and it was great. I was working toward raiding with my guilds alliance and would get a nice chunk of XP doing the HA's (not Gribble)

Whats can I accomplish now at 103 without boxing, with limited playtime? I don't even know where to start. TIA.
  2. Toomba Elder

If your on Bristlebane you’ll always find a group...add Toomba to friendslist and chat me up, if your a beastlord it may be 99999 times tougher but you’ll be fine
  3. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

There are a billion productive things to do as a casual. Don't get me wrong I think it was a massive mistake when they ramped up old content and when they nerfed everything sub 100 when the cap became 105. Doing those old cheeves and progression should not be harder now. But people acting like as far as xp and playtime it was the only game in town is just beyond silly.
  4. Tornicade_IV Augur

I have been in VOA leveling up my Tear. so far Ive geared up a lot of eighties and low nineties in my gear . once tear is leveled ill probably start working on ROF progression for achievements and once again farming gear for guildies.

I am also looking at Hot Raid progression to get the lower levels familiar with raiding
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Have you tried the HA you used to molo?
    svann likes this.
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

This. If you know your class you can accomplish a lot with just you and a healer merc as a mage. Find someone to join you that can slow (bst, enc, shm, heck even a bard) and you'll find that there's not much you can't accomplish at all. just make sure you have the best pet earring you can get.

If you're just looking for an exp grind, the sky is really the limit. At 103 and without someone else, your exp will probably move fastest in frontier mountains in EOK. If that's beyond you try TBM or TDS zones. in my opinion, solo or with just 1 other, FM will be the best experience you will get until around 108. If you're sneaky enough to get around chardok without dieing then you can find 1 or 2 camps where most everything is single pulls and there's a couple named. my favorite for soloing is the bridgekeeper / watch captain camp. added bonus for this because exp is a little better and you can turn the t2 visible gear that drops into ros gear.

option B is to just keep grinding away at HAs. but personally I HATE recycling missions.

that's my 2cp.
  7. Derd Augur

Assuming that you only want to do ha, wait a week and a half till next live patch. They are making them slightly easier again.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. Dontee Elder

Yes pet either dies on multi-pulls I cant split, or healer merc runs OOM. Ill try other suggestions, thanks.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

At level 102 as a beastlord, I've been doing bits and pieces in CotF & TBM, I was surprised how well I got on today doing TDS (Tempest Temple), even got the ordinary mission down, not stuck my head in the HA yet though, that's tomorrows challenge once I finish the other mercenary tasks.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

No the op has not tried the HA.. Because they would know had they tried it.. The ha only scales up .. If a lvl 106 or higher zones in ..

This is to me some one tryna be upset about some thing.. They know nothing about.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Casuals can still very easily level up in static zones as well.
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

This is not true and it has been proven. any mob over 105 has been tuned up.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If there are any yellow con mobs in 105 HAs they are more difficult than they were pre ROS and are casting ROS spells. If you get a 105 HA which only has blue/white con mobs there is no difference.

So while Daybreak only intended to make 106+ HAs harder, the addition of new 106+ spells and abilities have made the lower level HAs harder due to the level of the mobs.
  14. Tornicade_IV Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/re-tuned-has.246537/page-50#post-3625664

he keeps saying this but I have a parse and the link is in my signature.. lol
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

you might consider brothers island which is probably one of the best static zones pre EOK for experience and you don't have to get any flags to get there. Some of the named might be out of reach but you should be able to solo pull. I would avoid the beaches just in case the sirens come in. They can be pretty nasty.
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You're not gonna be moloing EoK at 103, so skip that. CotF and TDS open world zones are where I would start. Try Ethernere Tainted West Karana, Katta Castrum: Deluge, and Tempest Temple. You can kill and/or quest, there's a some decent options in those zones.
    DomeGuy23 likes this.
  17. Horyuken Augur

What server are you on?
  18. Whulfgar Augur

What class ?
    What type of play time per day ?
    What expansions do you have ?
    Do you play with anyone what so ever ? (Guildies, friends, rando's)

Nobody can answer truthfully your question, when your giving such open ended everything for your base question.
  19. Fohpo Augur

Swarm in Shard's? Most classes can handle multiple mobs at a time there at this point.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Clearly with these heinous and oppressive nerfs there’s absolutely nothing a poor, innocent, helpless casual can do but curl up in their bathtub and ponder the meaning of EverQuest, just like Pakistani Denzel:
    [IMG]

:(
    Cicelee and Whulfgar like this.