ROS T1 Group Visible Gear... Is this a Joke?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tornicade_IV, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Tornicade_IV Augur

I mean come on . you talk about hard content.. making people "earn" their way and then you reward them with EOKT2 gear with a small buff?

What is the point in this gear except a cleverly disguised Timesink

It should not be required and The Tradeskill T1 should be upgradeable to ROS T2

it isn't even a viable placeholder until you can get the tradeskilled piece made and it should be Random trash drop crap..

perfect example of failed itemization.
  2. Pistols4Pandas Elder

The Tradeskill gear should not even exist, it's a Copout, handout, giveaway designed to sell Kronos.

Downgrade the Tradeskill gear to T1 focuses. No one should get T2 focuses from gear dropped by killing half a dozen trash mobs in an entrance zone.

T1 Visibles drop like candy, go camp Bluff golem/blood stalker in OT, you'll have a full set in 1 day. Its an easy camp w/ either a Tank or a Mage.
  3. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

But wait, if you make whiny posts to persuade the devs to cater to YOUR opinions, then what about everybody else's whiny posts demanding that the devs cater to THEIR opinions?

All I know is the devs had better be ready to work nights and weekends to please everybody and tailor the game to pacify each and every complaint.

Something something paying customers.

Something something I speak for the majority.

Something something threat to unsub.

Something hurk a durr Daybreak.
    Bolo and Toomba like this.
  4. Tornicade_IV Augur

lol yes the tradeskill gear is the problem ,not the fact that ROS T1 to either tradeskilled or ROS 2 is a larger jump from EOK T2 to ROS T1

ROS T1 doesn't scale and its required for ROS Tier 2 upgrades

The numbers don't lie.

It Certainly doesn't scale like EOK Raid gear to ROS tradeskilled raid gear nor ROS tier 1 raid gear.
  5. Narogg Augur

Ya mad you don't have 300+ in a tradeskill? Or just cranky.
  6. Tornicade_IV Augur

Mad? what mean
    The ROS Tier one group gear is out of scale and offers a minimal upgrade from eok2 .... why is this?
    What does 300 tradeskills have to do with anything?
  7. Aurastrider Augur

Not debating the power of the trade skill gear but anyone who thinks player made gear is a handout obviously has not spent days, weeks or longer working up their respective trade skill and sunk millions of plat into them. If you don't belong to the above group I am sure you have profited off this group via selling them mats over the years and never complained then. Trade skills take someone away from experience and exploration so they can provide the community with goods they would otherwise not have access to in most cases. If anything crafted gear gives some people enough power gain over old gear to actually take on new content where they might not be able to take it on otherwise. Having variable gearing paths is good for the community and gives people options. While some people see this as a handout I see it as people getting paid for their time invested doing something that most consider boring and don't want to bother with.
  8. Narogg Augur

Well your magelo https://eq.magelo.com/profile/1339923
    says your 102.. so you got a ways to go before you worry about it but...
    ROS tier 1 requires EOK tier 2 to make. Per your Magelo, you do not have the EOK Tier 2.

Ros tier 1 http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=129086

PC ( player Crafted as it is called on my server ) is http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=129291

So i have to ask why would you even consider farming eok tier 2 then ros tier 1 as an upgrade path when you can way easier get the PC item.
    You stated " lol yes the tradeskill gear is the problem" What I see is an answer not a problem.
  9. Pistols4Pandas Elder

This would be a valid point if the crafter was the only one who could wear the gear, but that is not the case. There are dozens of people who make the stuff for free on my server, and you can buy the individual pieces for 50k each, which is pocket change compared to the amount of time to Pursue T2 gear.

You can make he money required to buy Conflagrant in 1 day, or you can sell 1 krono ( 15$ ) for 2 million plat and buy 2-3 full sets.

It will take you about 2 months to camp EOK T2, RoS T1, then RoS T2.

Conflagrant is a giveaway to get people to buy Kronos.

I don't have a problem with Tradeskill gear, but as I said, putting T2 focuses on it is absurd, they're selling the entire expansions gear/rewards for 7$ per character. You wanna sell gear? Fine, but not T2 gear, otherwise what are we all working hard to earn, and why are we even playing...
  10. Narogg Augur

Wow what server! I can see people starting the server X fer right now! Hell ore is still like 200k each on xeg. When i first started it was 2 million pp each ore.
  11. Pistols4Pandas Elder

How hard is it to kill a golem? It's a trash mob in an entrance zone, it can literally be solod by multiple classes with no merc, or molod by almost any class, it is an easy and add-free safe kill. If they sell for 200k why aren't you farming ores and making millions of plat per hour?

Takes me 25 seconds to kill a golem and I can kill 30 per hour.

Maybe it's expensive on your server because everyone's so coddled from being able to buy their gear rather than earning it that they don't spend any time fighting in current content, because they don't know how to play anymore, since they can buy an expansions highest foci gear for the price of a Big Mac n Fries.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Like I said I am not debating the power of the gear as I don't have much knowledge of it but rather defending the importance of player made items. Crafted items for the most part are not meant to be "crafter only" and in doing so would significantly devalue the time sink that is trade skills and the ripple effect of this on the economy would be rather tremendous. If the gear is OP that is one thing but to say crafted gear is a handout neglects the obvious work crafters have done to even be able to make said gear.
  13. Pistols4Pandas Elder

If the components dropped off named mobs in T2 zones, or 'rarely' ( 1% ) off T2 mobs, I wouldn't care if it had T2 focuses, but it doesn't, it drops off trash mobs in the entrance zone at a rate of 20-60%.

I think we can both agree camping golems in OT for an hour or two is not the same as killing.... 2 - EOK T2 named ( 50% drop rate ), 2 - RoS T1 named ( 50% drop rate ) & 5 - RoS T2 named ( 20% drop rate )..... For 1 piece of RoS T2 gear. That's about a 15-20 hour endeavor that requires a solid group or box group.

Killing golems can be done by any class with a merc, even the worst player or class can get 1 Ore per hour.

and yet they achieve nearly the same reward... T2 foci.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

My best guess as to why the stats are the way they are is based on the fact that they are no longer going to make cultural gear. Typically for armor the standard player made stuff is on par with T1 gear but is prestige while the T1 mob drop gear is non prestige. This is important for people that run some ftp box toons as they will still have to farm actual named to keep their crew some what updated. In terms of weapons the crafted weapons are a lot of times better than what you would find in T1 zones. For non visible gear it is usually class dependent as to whether going the crafted route is better or worse. Personally I am just happy they added new recipes with ROS since crafters have gotten the shaft the last 2 expansions. Was there any mention of this gear being over powered during BETA?
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Narogg Augur

" it can literally be solod by multiple classes with no merc, or molod by almost any class, it is an easy and add-free safe kill."

Probably true , but over here the toons capable of doing so at your speed/rate are in ROS Raid gear and have zero need to do so. They are done progression. Done hunter. In fact the only ones i see left are the ones struggling.

I box a group geared warrior and a group geared cleric. It takes me between 16 and 18 mins to kill 1.
    Both mostly in this new gear, but damn if I didnt work for it.
    DomeGuy23 likes this.
  16. Narogg Augur

I did beta for like a month at the beginning. None of the tradeskill drops were in game. None of the recipes were in game. I think the TS stuff came into beta so late people didnt even realize it was there.
  17. Pistols4Pandas Elder

I am also in group gear. War/cleric is not a group, it's 2/3s of a group. Make friends ? Or add 2 DPS mercs. DPS merc = 20kdps . With 2 dps mercs you should be killing them in 2 minutes.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

16-18 sounds way high. Consider using a 2h or dual weild once it is slowed.
    I'm raid geared on the warrior but also run a cleric box so I can relate somewhat. Once you're settled and comfortable with the healing put the warrior in dps mode. It helps alot.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Isn't it 300 to 500HP upgrade pet slot from EoK T2 to RoS T1?
    I am not sure on the "how much" but i AM fairly certain it's an upgrade - my ALTs wear/collect it.

a) it's not even cleverly disguised
    b) it's a plat sink (20k + 30k + the mentioned time to farm the pieces)
    So the two-tiered armor is one factor in "making this expansion last longer".

The above is exactly why TS is not upgradeable.
    Somehow i knew that some players would be asking for such *sigh*
    I am glad it isn't.

Not as much imo.
    TS is an alternate route, and placed squarely between T1 and T2 group - for a reason.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I say bs 2m for 2-3 sets of conflagrant gear and pieces for 50k?. what server is this? if it wasn't for ts in this expansion it would be a total joke.

Andarriel