Has Zerker dps changed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Bronut Augur

My parses from 3 years ago are very similar too three years ago.

Million dps burns

200k-360k dps raid events.

Same thing we were doing in TBM.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Berserkers flew too close to the sun and got nerfed back to mortality last year. They're still top tier DPS, but not so high to totally eclipse other DPS classes.
    Maedhros likes this.
  3. Tiggold Augur

Remember Druids? Remember those other casters? Yeah, they do DPS now too :(
  4. Tolzol Augur

We got stagnated this year which doesn’t really shock me tbh. But in terms of raid dps well played druids/mages/wizards will outdps you if all of those classes and the zerker have full adps. Granted some of that is due to nature of the raid events. We are still in good shape for group content. I mean really we are still in decent shape for raids but would definitely like to see them tweak a couple things. Mangling discipline dropped the ball completely as an upgrade to disconcerting as it’s not viable to use except for a end of the night full out burn scenario because of the long reuse (would hurt sustained a lot if used otherwise). Would either like to see that on a separate timer or changed to same nature as disconcerting if it’s meant to be an upgrade to it. That’s the main change i would like to see which would put us on same tier as wizards. Not even trying to be on tier with mages and druids atm because I’m sure we all know that nerf is coming eventually lol.
    Maedhros and Tiggold like this.
  5. smash Augur

If you cannot get higher, then you some to learn how to play a zerker
  6. Hitty Augur

But Zerker can sustain, Druids are very fast OOM if they go on full burn. DoTs are horrible mana suckers.
  7. Tolzol Augur

You can cut it up however you want it, i am not calling for a nerf but I’m not naive enough to think druids won’t be getting nerfed eventually. I just can’t imagine they purposefully made a priest class top dps in any category (burn or sustained) lol. I could be wrong on that but not likely. If they don’t nerf it no skin off my back i enjoy getting raids done quicker /shrug
  8. Tucoh Augur

I know if I was a druid enjoying my DPS options I'd brace myself every time I opened a new patch notes thread.
  9. Tolzol Augur

Haha yea because unfortunately all nerfs usually go overboard or don’t always target the right thing. Like nerfing shammy epic last expansion to try to reel in zerkers was pretty unnecessary and only hurt other melee classes that were already hurting.
    Maedhros likes this.
  10. Tiggold Augur

Regardless of what they do to what class unless you're a Berserker you'll never understand the panic you feel when someone asks you for a parse or asks you what your setup is. Never can tell what will come of being upfront.
    Tolzal likes this.
  11. Fohpo Augur

Link parse, please. Also, for my box zerker - what should my mash, short CD burn/sustain, and big burn macros look like?
  12. ShadowMan Augur

In a raid setting utilizing the tools available to them and they sustain just fine. Guilds that don't utilize their mana tools for druids considering their rate of return verses everyone else are frankly doing it wrong.

I had this argument with a few triton necromancers this beta, they told me to dps better. Stating no druid could out dps an actual dps class and told me I was making it up when I linked them parses. Claiming no such druid could do as I showed because they knew the best and they weren't doing that. As many have now come to found out a druid played as a dps class and supported as the best dps class that they are, can absolutely out burst and out sustain just about anyone. And we are not talking about in bane settings. They just need lots of outside mana help doing the sustained part.
    Spellfire, Tolzal and Sancus like this.
  13. Tiggold Augur

Boxed Zerker.....LOL
    Tolzal likes this.
  14. smash Augur

If druid is the best burst + sustained clasd with full mana help from outside then something is surely wrong big time. But i guess thats wrong for shaman/enchanter as well.

Maybe time for devs to take an extra look to see if something is out of order?
  15. Fohpo Augur

Doesn't have to be like that :(
    Tiggold likes this.
  16. Hitty Augur

yes, like every class is being the best if played with top gear, every help of outside classes and so on... this results only in another useless nerf... if you don't have that support, druid is without mana very fast.

I think on Drogbaas way to show how a SK can outperform. But doing the same on a casual group geared SK is a laugh show. If you put everything in every class and use it to oblivion then you have a different picture for sure. For fast burns a Druid is nice like every DoT class but is empty fast and playing other classes to the max does not outshine him very much. Compared to my Enchanter with max burns on I have to say that the Enc does better. On the long run the Enc kills him. But Zerker can sustain WITHOUT big outside help except occasional standard heals for ages. Like a 2,4 Mill nuke from a wizard is nothing with big relevancy anymore on a mob with 50M+ HP but on smaller mobs it performs exceptional. It all depends on the usage, on raid or group or older content.

But yes, complain and wait for a nerf so that we have even less DPS in the groups to make this ridiculous expansion called RoS. Halleluja for the raiders...
    Tatanka likes this.
  17. Critts Augur

Is this the nurf zerker thread??
  18. fransisco Augur

Sure sounds like a bunch of zerkers saying nerf druids.
    Or nerf anyone who competes with zerkers...
  19. Thraine Augur

Zerkers aint doing too bad, at least you can still compete for the lower 8 of the top 10 depending on how many druids you have ~
  20. Tucoh Augur

Druids a couple years ago:
    [IMG]

Druid's today:
    [IMG]

(Allanon, Shandral Chronicles, where Manu Bennett aka Crixus from Spartacus plays a Druid)
    Thraine likes this.