Heroic Dexterity Stacking

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zaviere, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Zaviere Augur

Greetings, fellow Dex stackers!

So, I have a question for some of you guys who are like, REALLY up there in HDex (according to Magelo rankings):

How do you do it?!

That's a bit vague, allow me to elaborate~

I'm a firm believer in piling on as much HDex as possible, as a Melee-Hybrid class. I am currently sitting at 1838 HDex w/ideal powersource in. My Artisan's Prize is at 72% strength, giving me +108 out of a potential 150 HDex. In my gear as is today, if I were to max my Prize aug, I would achieve 1880 HDex. I could swap my charm and shawl augs out for another +4 HDex if I really wanted to, bringing my current potential total to 1884. That seems like a great number to me, but then I see some people with characters in excess of 1950 HDex and think to myself, "...HOW?!".

Fast forward to being 100% RoS raid geared in the future - according to my Magelo gear map profile, and factoring in the raid feet (no change) and missing ring (-2 HDex from EoK ring), my projected HDex total will be 1863. Add in +42 if I were to max my Prize aug, and I get 1905 HDex. Toss in that extra +4 from the two previously mentioned aug swaps and 1909 becomes my final total.

IF I wanted to get a little silly, I COULD swap out the lower HDex valued of my two melee weapons, and replace it with the Bard-usable Shield that has a base HDex of +57, which would add +31 to my final total, bringing that to 1940. Obviously, doing this would defeat the purpose of stacking HDex in the first place (at least for me being a Bard), so like I said, silly and would realistically never happen.

In conclusion, 1909 is more or less my absolute max potential HDex. That's quite a lot of HDex, however it is still a fair amount lower than what I already see some other players achieving. The highest potential HDex value on a single player that I've taken the time to calculate after careful inspection of their verified Magelo profile, is a whopping 1991. That is in their currently displayed gear set with a few augs swapped and their Prize aug factored to max value. 1 9 9 1 ! ! !

My goal with this post is to gain understanding, nothing more. I clearly must be missing something big, some secret source of HDex, or maybe a special line of AAs some classes get to boost their HDex specifically, or even something else entirely different. I don't know, and that's bothering me a little bit.

Any information/insight would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Gialana Augur

I might be missing something because I only went to Magelo as an unregistered user. I filtered all classes by heroic dex >=1900, which returned 4 profiles, 2 monks and 2 rangers. The highest HDex was on a ranger and was 1956. If I restrict to bards, your profile is the only one above 1800.

I guess my recommendation would be to look at the profile of one of these high HDex characters to see what they have equipped to see if there's something you can change out. And if I'm just being stupid, then I apologize.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I think magelo also doesn't parse ammo slot things right, so people use that manashot crossbow thing in their ammo for a little extra (but only 3 more dex), though more for the ac/hp I'm sure. I guess its not fluffing if your tear is maxed, for the spell damage stuff, but is dumb to see people using it to up their ac. Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

There is no secret, all gear is not created equal. A ranger's Velazul's bp has +28 heroic dex and a bard's has +22. Add up the differences for each slot and that is how they are getting that much higher.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

For the amounts you're suggesting you are missing, Derka likely has it figured out.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Right.
    The only way to compare anything on Magelo - especially when across classes - is to compare the actual "component figures". In this case the "total from augments" value under the heroics listing.
    And from there, if you see some difference to what you have, then look up the individual slots and check them off until you find something where they have higher values or use something different than you.
    Keep also in mind that Magelo uses reverse-engineered formulae and might well be off compared to actual in-game values, even though these cases have probably mostly mitigated by now.
    (Magelo still hasn't changed their AC value for example, and iirc they even stated they do not intend to, which makes them totally useless for ME as WAR to compare - as i keep saying, Magelo is , but that's ofc not the answer you expect or want :) )
  7. Schadenfreude Augur

Things to bear in mind when comparing.

Check what belt they have listed and consider if that's REALLY what they're using day-to-day.
    Odd super high hDex items you cannot use (eg: the War/Monk/Rogue/Zerker ring from Fear.)
    Non damage aug + slot 5 in primary.
    Non damage aug + slot 5 in secondary.
    Non damage aug in bow (this is mostly a Ranger thing.)
    Maxed Artisan Prize on non verified accounts.
  8. Thraine Augur

I'll tell you the ranger with the most dex is sacrificing a lot to be there, no invested tome of obulus, using a cone of the mystics in his primary instead of a weapon, using a belt with no effect just high dex.

I wish magelo showed parses ~
    Brohg and fransisco like this.
  9. Tolzol Augur

Me too
  10. Gialana Augur

I thought this, too. I might have made an addition mistake, but a full set of RoS raid gear has 225 HDex for bards and 226 HDex for rangers. I didn't compare the EoK raid gear between the classes, but it looked like the bard's EoK mostly had less HDex than their RoS. Some EoK pieces had more, but I think it would only make a 5 HDex difference or so to mix and match.
  11. Thrillho Augur

Artisan's prize: 108 vs. 150 = 42 hDex difference
    Weapon aug: 0 vs. 45 = 45 hDex difference (unfortunately some classes don't get a type 5 for their weapon)

Total difference: 87 hDex
    Add to your 1838 = 1925

Eking out another 25 hDex isn't difficult with proper gear choices. There are plenty of pieces of gear in former expansions that give out more hDex than in latter expansions. Berserkers ring gives out 41 hDex and is from TBM, vs. the ideal ring in EoK being 32 hDex vs. the ideal one in RoS being 30 hDex. Overall the hDex between complete sets increases between expansions, but the individual items may not. You can certainly pick-and-choose your own to get the stat you want the highest, but you'll be doing it at the expense of something else, typically HME.
  12. Tiggold Augur

You're missing the #1 factor in achieving these Heroic stats: Heroes Rewards. You need to complete progression of all types as far back as CotF and TDS to get these passive AA increases in heroic stats.
  13. Tucoh Augur

As an aside, am I the only one who is a little somber at the fact that the Bathezid Trade Gem purchaseable Type 5 Augs are so great and easily eclipse nearly all other type 5s?

I kind of liked that I had cultivated a diverse array of treasure in my type 5 augs in the last two expansions, but now I'm replacing nearly all of them with what is a fairly easy-to-farm Scale Touched Proficiency aug.
  14. Lifeshriek Augur

deodan's blueberry muffins or tender kromzek kabobs have +1 h dex each on them. they are on the loyalty vendor which can be silly to buy but with appropriate self/guild trib on atm i can hit another point of combat effects so /shrug. i tend to care about that more when i'll get an accuracy point or combat effects from it.

other than that i'd say (other than the new pet ear which has less h dex than the old one) nonvisibles i tend to upgrade the ones that are upgrades to my h dex first then work from there basically but i'll be trying to maintain that CE point one way or another.
  15. Zaviere Augur

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the responses so far!

I had forgotten about the Fear ring exclusive to yellow mana classes, AND I guess I overlooked the fact that Monks do have a type 5 slot in their 2hb weapons, which accounts for some of those on the higher end of the HDex spectrum.

I particularly like what Bradley pointed out, in regards to Accuracy and Combat Effects. Near the end of my gearing process in EoK, I basically did exactly that; I catered my choices around hitting the next threshold for one or both of those secondary stats. This time around, my plan was more or less to just stack the hell out of HDex in general, rather than aim for a specific number to meet a certain threshold.

I would be curious to hear some opinions on the value of HDex beyond meeting those Accuracy and Combat Effects thresholds. Is it still worth trying to maximize the stat without necessarily worrying about sticking to those threshold numbers? Or would it be more beneficial to try and hit those thresholds on the nose, and then boost other heroic stats instead?
  16. Tiggold Augur

You won't meet the max number for the new stats like accuracy and combat effects. You would have to give up so much in order to get close it wouldn't make you viable to play.
  17. Zaviere Augur

Nah, I'm not talking about absolutely trying to max Accuracy and Combat Effects. I know that would be absolutely impossible, and likely will be so for a long time. I'm talking about aiming for a certain number to meet the closest and most reasonable threshold, then aim for boosting other stats.
  18. Tolzol Augur

The reason melee go for dex is the higher your visible dex (not just heroic) the higher your %chance to crit is. For zerkers i think that caps out at 3000 visible dex which we are now over i donno if it’s like that for every melee class or not. The other benefits are of course increasing accuracy and combat effects.
  19. feeltheburn Augur

consider the guild they are in.....monks there too are good for things like that......points at cactus leaf belt.../smh
  20. Skalde Elder

All gear is made differently and I wouldn't be too hellbent on getting the gear that always has the highest hdex because you might be losing greatly in other areas of heroics or stats as well, though i'm a firm believer of stacking hdex on melee/hybrids sometimes having 500 more hdex than someone isn't really much of a difference in parses with RNG if both players are of equal skill.
    Tactic likes this.