Devs, a lil help or input plz *Rangers*

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Avory, Jan 26, 2018.

1. kizant Augur

More like mid-tier melee DPS. Where does this OP talk come from? Nobody has even sort of said that. You ask for feedback and when you don't agree with it 100% you say crazy stuff like that.
    Belexes likes this.
  2. Sancus Augur

You have the worst reading comprehension I've ever seen. A few points:

1. This isn't your parse, it's Orienn's parse. You weren't listed on the parse. Whether you died or not has nothing to do with Orienn's parse.

2. I never said anyone died on our run. You might've misinterpreted what I said about adds, I said the adds die fairly quickly. I'm sure someone died but no, it wasn't significant.

3. Orienn said he had a bard for Sathir's 3

4. You claimed Rangers were doing 120-190k. Then you said occasionally you were at 220k. So how is it, if you're doing everything right, that we had a Ranger at 270k, and likely higher on his own parse? Either you are doing something wrong or your ADPS is severely lacking.

Have you ever heard the saying that even a broken clock is right twice a day? Being right about something based on faulty data doesn't lend you any credibility. If you could follow a logical thought process to support your claims, I'd be more inclined to listen. That Rangers do need help does not mean that you also don't need help.

Also, as Shadowman noted, DoT classes can DoT both mobs on that fight. That'll increase the gap between Rangers and other DPS, but it's not an overall indication of balance.
    Sheex and Belexes like this.
  3. Maedhros High King

You are literally the densest person in EQ right now.
    I would feel bad for you if you were not such a buffoon.

I don't know anything about a ranger? Playing one since 2001 makes me a noob right?
    How old are you? Who still calls people noobz? I am going to guess you were probably 4 or 5 years old in 2001 based on your level of insults.

You cry that rangers cannot do more than 200k dps on raids, and then disqualify my parse because there are blue mobs? You think he did over 300k additional dps from headshooting?
    You're a special one bud.
    Its incredibly amusing that you think adds were up long enough for headshot to make any considerable difference to the parse.

Its also incredibly amusing that you think archery while not burning Pureshot will do better dps than Empowered blades paired with Imbued Ferocity and meleeing.

What will your excuse be for parses on Fell Foliage or End of Empire?

I just want you to know that when people start pouring in the parses of rangers in "non competitive" guilds that are smashing your numbers, and you start to wonder how stable your position is on raids before you get benched or replaced, that this was all the result of your posting nonsense.

Ranger dps is perfectly fine. They should not be able to compete with equally talented berserkers rogues or wizards.
    Belexes likes this.
  4. Marike Elder

What I've gotten so far from this thread: Triton is recruiting ADPS. May also have an open spot for a solid ranger.
    Tucoh, Sheex, kizant and 3 others like this.
  5. Savager Augur

I was the monk that posted the parse, hence why I said it looks like you're (Orienn) doing something wrong since I compared all the numbers I knew were correct with the numbers you (Orienn) provided and came to the conclusion that you (Orienn) were doing something wrong. Do rangers need help? probably, but so do a lot of other classes. Should they be number 1 dps? Absolutely not. A hybrid should never be. Are some other classes broken right now? Absolutely. A hybrid should never be number 1 at doing something.

Seems like so many other people are proving that rangers can do average to above average dps and since a few can't they keep whining that the class is broken instead of taking the time to learn when and when not to burn, where to be to stop from killing themselves and hurting the raid, and which abilities stack effects to maximize their dps efficiently instead of just mashing buttons and complaining that they weren't the best dps.
    Pano, Belexes and Sancus like this.
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

I follow the same strat spell wise as Fintank. I don't have the clickies and I don't have as much development in the char, but I pretty much do the same stuff. I probably come no where near his level of execution though.

That said, my dps won't be as quite and high and I am not currently raiding with ranger.

No one said, rangers were not broke and no one said anything about being overpowered. You let your emotions get the better of you and you don't read well when you are that way.

You seem to be closed off to the ability to learn and accept things from others just because you don't see their status being the same as yours.

I can tell you that even with my rogue, who is still under developed compared to other rogues, I have lots to learn. I don't have the best adps in my groups usually, but I raid my butt off to do the best I can. No matter where I sit, it will never be on a lofty perch. There is always more to learn.

I could be the best in my class in the game and I would never discard any advice from anyone...ever. Some of it may be valuable and some won't, but don't attack them with insults. All you get back is insults...like you did from me. I am one of those types who won't stand by and watch people like you run amok unchallenged. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Room to grow on my part for sure. I am not perfect.

I really hope you learn something from this. Take a look at yourself and see truly what is going on. I hope this isn't how you deal with stuff in real life as well. You seem pretty young, so I will chalk some of that up to that.

Never stop being humble and never stop learning and be honest with yourself.
    Sancus, kizant and Maedhros like this.
  7. Orienn TreeHugger

I'll go with I have room to go with some of the information from good response replies to the latter. I'll post after I try to hone the new way of doing thing's and see if that helped.
    Belexes and Tucoh like this.
  8. Karthos Augur

You guys are arguing for absolutely no reason. The difference between ranger parses is bosquestalker's alliance. That is it. Every ranger here knows the spell cast order. Every ranger here knows you burn when shaman epic hits. Every ranger here knows to stack heroic dex. You aren't special. And as Avory posted LOL for posting a headshot parse and expect to be taken seriously.

As I suspected Triton apparently only has 3 raiding rangers. You can fulminate alliances pretty well with that number of rangers but all 3 have to be on their toes. If one of them does not do their job then the parses will suffer.

I'll bet all you guys posting nice RoS parses have 4+ rangers in your raids or have at least 3 that all put in significant effort on these alliances that are cast.
  9. Brohg Augur

Alliance 12*10970+1188607+1104359 = 2424606, / 60sec cooldown = 40k dps for the raid for each ranger that gets to use it.

That's your call on the difference between 120-170k parses, and the 270k dps in Savager's log (with just two rangers participating, btw)?
    Belexes, Tucoh, Sheex and 2 others like this.
  10. p2aa Augur

This thread holds all his promises...
    As a non ranger, I feel that rangers should not be in competition for a top 5 with other pure DPS classes.
    Which is not your case, you want to be able to top DPS parse and compete with zerkers, rogues and wizards.
    RoI, who is at the top of what class can produce max DPS wise and with the best ADPS coordination too, show a ranger making it 10th.
    While probably you need some tweaks, it's certainly not "The sky is falling, rangers suck, boost massively my class".
    And to the OP, insulting or mocking people that answer to you and have a different view than you gets you nowhere, you can completely give your opinion, different of others, without showing disrespect to others.

RoI had 2 rangers for this parse, read again.
    Belexes likes this.
  11. Orienn TreeHugger

I'm going to try this macro out thanks for posting.
    Belexes and Maedhros like this.
  12. Maedhros High King

lol
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If Forum-Quest has taught us anything, it’s that feelings > facts!

But since you’re not a main ranger in a top 27 guild who rolled in 1999, you don’t get an opinion, sir. For shame, Sancus! You newb!
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Avory, no offense but the last few pages of this thread have convinced me that you're not even approaching this topic in good faith.

If I'm wrong, I think you'd have better success at being an envoy for your class if you didn't drown out your legitimate complaints with hyperbole, insults and a complete dismissal for any fact that disagrees with the narrative you're trying to create.
    Belexes and Sancus like this.
  15. Fintank Augur

16. Moldar Augur

And all this time I have been using Heroic Charisma . . .
  17. Cicelee Augur

Heroic Charisma helps with increasing the chances of spawning a named, tho...
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have been traveling the last few days so I couldn't do this sooner. I appreciate the folks that did provide the parse stuff. There is a lot to be learned from that information as long people put it into context and don't focus solely on the final number.

Here the Queen we did on Saturday. We still lose this far more than we win it, but we are making some progress. I think missed about forty seconds of it because of a death.
    Just based on some of the conversations I can see where I need to make some adjustments.

Combined: A Di`Zok mender on 2/3/2018 in 763sec
    Total
    --- DMG: 2675200282 @ 3506160 sdps (3506160 dps in 763s) [100%]
    --- DMG to PC: 269882691 @353713dps
    Tarvas
    --- DMG: 148603374 @ 194762 sdps (195274 dps in 761s) [5.55%]
    ------ Total: 148603374 -- Hit: 105103281 -- DirDmg: 35003423 -- DoT: 4665501 -- Slash: 3471181 -- Kick: 351042 -- Environmental: 8946
    ------ Normal rate: 26.3% (21.8% of DMG) -- Critical rate: 73.7% (78.2% of DMG)
    ------ Attempts: 2261 -- Hits: 2044 -- Misses: 61 -- Defended: 156 -- Accuracy: 97.1%
    --- DMG to PC: 3946725 @5598dps
    --- Special: X 6
    Special: 2: Infusion 6: Staunch 7: Intensity 9: Armor B: MB | LB | HT G: Glyph K: Kiss M: Secrets X: Slain $: Saved by DI
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.2.17

Combined: A Di`Zok mender on 2/3/2018
    Tarvas - 252
    --- Auspice of the Hunter XXVIII - 1
    --- Banestrike - 12
    --- Bonecrawler Swarm - 2
    --- Bosquestalker's Alliance Rk. III - 4
    --- Copsestalker's Enrichment Rk. II - 1
    --- Cover Tracks III - 2
    --- Dichotomic Fusillade - 12
    --- Dragonmagic Focus - 1
    --- Elemental Arrow II - 5
    --- First Spire of the Pathfinders IV - 2
    --- Focused Arrowgale - 40
    --- Foreseen Shots - 21
    --- Group Guardian of the Forest XII - 1
    --- Guardian of the Forest XXXII - 2
    --- Natural Harmony - 1
    --- Nature's Precision - 1
    --- Outrider's Accuracy XXII - 2
    --- Outrider's Attack VI - 2
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 3
    --- Received Bard Epic - 3
    --- Received Bestial Alignment - 1
    --- Received Fierce Eye - 4
    --- Received Paragon - 2
    --- Received Quick Time - 2
    --- Received Ruaabri's Fury - 1
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 4
    --- Scarlet Cheetah Fang IV - 1
    --- Scout's Mastery of Elements III - 2
    --- Slain - 1
    --- Staunch Recovery - 1
    --- Summer's Tempest - 132
    --- Trueshot Disc - 1
    --- Weapon Affinity Disc - 1
    --- Wildstalker's Unity - 1
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.2.17
  19. Thraine Augur

I want a few more bandolier slots!! why is 8 the limit? why not 10 or 12?
    Danladil and Orienn like this.
  20. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I can't think of what I would do with more bandoleers. Shield, bow, Slow, IF, Melee, lifetap. I haven't ran into any situations lately that required a change between weapon types (pierce, slash, blunt). Is there anything else out there that I may be missing?