Cactus rethread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jadenpain, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Vdidar Augur

I don’t personally know Drogbaa but I don’t feel like he comes off as an elitist at all. If anything he advocates for people who aren’t as elite as him more often that most end game raiders.
    Tucoh likes this.
  2. High Voltage Augur

1. Mission designed poorly and flawed with a longstanding issue that was on /ignore.
    2. Mission was exploited, rumors are some cheaters got a 3 week vacation.
    3. Mission was "fixed", so only elite players can beat it now, thus preserving the advantage the cheaters got from their exploit.
    4. Move along, nothing to see here.

Please, do me a favor and do not try to "fix" it anymore. Next time you probably delete the internet or something. Just /ignore.
  3. Kolani Augur

Just in case you're unaware that you failed to tune it again, Absor, here's a update for this thread. Can you just leave it alone this time and let another dev handle it? I'll even take Prathun.
    Metanis and Dart like this.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Well in that case I apologize for coming across so harshly. I just misunderstood your intent. It was late at night and I was tired.

I read the thread and was feeling empathy for everyone who's been dealing with this and the overall HA retune which had me feeling grouchy.

Maybe I shouldn't comment on threads until I eat a Snickers first
    Drogba, Yinla and Belexes like this.
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

Expect Sheex to assign the proper gif for your un-Snickered self real soon. :p

Yeah, Drogbaa is 180 deg from our Lord and Master Monk of the Heavens.
  6. Warpeace Augur

One way to make all those FTP accounts go All access or out of game. Might clear up some of the lag in game.
  7. Cleaver Augur

I bet them f2p accounts bring in more revenue then all the paid subs combined.
  8. Warpeace Augur

I doubt and IS Boxer subs count. But nice try
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Listen to Uncle Danny “Tortuga” Trejo, friends:

[IMG]
  10. Sklak Journeyman

Still no reply from the Devs on this, apparently working as intended for the entry mission of the expansion? Which means the devs baseline is that the vast majority of group geared players should have zero chance of ever beating the first progression mission of RoS.?

Basically need a group tank, if a knight, that can take 200k round damage spikes if tanking 2 mobs with dot, (often see 140k rounds from Cactikii alone), which for normal groups mandates having an off-tank. Leaves only 3 dps slots, each of which need to average 400-500k dps, while switching between targets scattered about, and dealing with raid mechanics, to even have a chance to win the event.

Yes, a "group-geared" group can do this, but only by cherry-picking 3 of the very best dps and a top notch tank/healer, with no margin for error or bad luck.

And we're not even talking about achievements, just beating the first progression mission of the expansion. Even level 115 won't make this doable for most groups with the current dps hard-check and mechanics, maybe by level 120 this will be doable for a pick up group of non-raiders, without having to decline bringing most classes.
  11. Millianna Augur

The DPS should be casters- you forgot to mention that.
  12. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Let's stop overstating the DPS required to beat this event, its nowhere close to 1.5 mil dps. The event is doable with a mere 500k dps across the group which is easily attained by group geared casters.

Beat it several times without even using a cleric for heals ... war, druid, enc, monk, zerker, necro ... not even an ideal group. Try using ppl that know how to play their class.
  13. Ocelot New Member

So my group does 1 mil dps consistently and cannot burn the 100mil hp in 70 seconds. Your post clearly lets us all know how great you are but do you care to offer anything constructive here to the folks struggling to beat the mission? Are you able to keep up with the adds somehow that we're all missing that lets you do the fight past the 2nd hp lock when the 2nd burgeoning spawns?
    Pirlo likes this.
  14. Sklak Journeyman

With 1 million sustained applied dps you have a good shot ... if you can sustain that for ~2.5-3 minutes, and don't get unlucky on the shadow steps or damage spikes on tank.
    With lower dps, trick is to focus on adds first, always. If kill every single add/sprout when up (sprouts first of course), only dps boss when all adds down, and have hotkey for the sprouts to re-target every 40 seconds (and assuming this is caster dps on the sprouts, so no lag in targeting).

Kill plan with 1 million sustained dps, T=time in seconds from boss going live:
    T=0-20: Initially: Kill sprout (8 million hp) & Kill burgeoning (12 million hp), sprout spawns at T=10
    T=20-50: Next sprout every 40 seconds after first - so if you had 1 million dps, have chance to do 30 million dmg to boss
    T=50-58: Kill 2nd sprout (8 million hp)
    T= 58-80: Now have another ~22 seconds until burgeoning, so can do 22 million dmg to boss
    T= 80-100: Kill 3rd sprout & 2nd burgeoning (20 million hp total)
    T= 100-130: Now have another 30 seconds until sprout, another 30 million dmg to boss
    T= 130-138: Kill 4th sprout (8 million hp)
    T= 138-160: Kill boss in next 20 seconds for win

At 1 million sustained dps over a bit under 3 minutes, marginally beatable, if not unlucky on shadowsteps & have very solid tank/healer. Shortly after this, typically have to start dealing with the emoted targeted AE as well, which makes it even more challenging.

However, for most balanced groups, burns start wearing off, and that timeline starts getting rapidly extended with adds. Most groups that can sustain 1 million dps for the 3 minute win, would find it easier to burn for 1.5 million dps for the ~75 second win.

Theoretically yes this is winnable with 500k sustained dps... if you can tank & survive the event for 9-10 minutes, including multiple run-away targeted emotes & a dozen shadowsteps, while constantly applying that 500k dps without ever slowing down.
  15. tnot Elder

Switching targets completely kills sustained DPS for most classes, even many caster classes. If you have a group capable of 1.5 Million DPS and they have to switch targets that many times they'll be lucky to put out 2/3 of that, more likely half.
    Sklak likes this.
  16. Millianna Augur

If all the mobs are bunched together, switching targets doesn’t hurt sustained DPS for most classes. Melee DPS takes a hit when you have search for the target. DD casters such as mage or wizards have a slight advantage here. This is, after all, a t1 mission and should be tuned accordingly. Most casuals will never beat this mission as it stands.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Lheo Augur

the named caktuss should have the hp and the dps like the bluffgolem
    maybe a removeble DS and a dot that should be cureable (thats plenty enugh)
  18. Annastasya Augur

This mission, the first mission of the expansion, is now brutally hard. Unreasonably so.

We want imperfect groups, boxers, casual and not perfectly geared players to be able to beat this mission. We want the mission to not be so easy that it is defeated by above average players or groups in under a minute. Those are baseline expectations.

My constructive suggestions are thus:
    1. The cactus dots should not stack on players.
    2. The warp mechanic (or shadowstep?) should be shorter max range and trigger less frequently.
    3. The Adds should not hit as hard as they currently do.
    4. Cactikki should not power up as the fight goes on.

If our goal is to make the fight exciting or interesting, to last longer and be a reasonable challenge to a group of non-raid geared players then upping Cactikki's hitpoints and giving him invulnerability phases was probably good enough. Make it an attrition fight that a good tank/heal combo can win if there are other group members hunting down and killing the sprouts and adds. If it takes a "bad" team of players 20 minutes to win this, but they can get it done, that is a GOOD thing.
    Caell likes this.
  19. draginn Elder

The melee people are always punished lol!
  20. p2aa Augur

I have attempted this mission 3 times since the retune with guildies.
    We are full EoK raid gear with a few RoS raid piece as we start to gear up.
    The first 2 times, we came with high DPS output. I only saw 1 add and named. I thought "ah this mission is not so hard after all"
    The third time, I came back with a medium DPS output group.
    This started to become an entire different story. I saw the adds spawning, and DPS not have time to DPS adds before adds respawn.
    We managed to beat it at the third try. I even thought to myself, did they change the mission again after the latest fix ?
    I understand now that we were able to reach the DPS threesold needed to plow through it for the first times, and not for the last time.
    To be able to beat it for 10 min constant fighting and make the dmg taken smoother on named + adds at the same time, I had to chain my survival disc like I would do it for tanking a raid boss in RoS. For a event considered to be "group content". I'm 100 % sure that a group gear tank or a lesser raid geared tank would have "exploded" way sooner.
    This mission is clearly still way overtuned.
    mmats, noclue and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.