Ros visable drop rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by redline, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

T1 is still 75% (Checked the data to be sure)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tucoh like this.
  2. Losttomes New Member

I believe it was 1 mace, mainly just the Cloak dropping everytime. Ive also been killing the Tormented Adalora since he has PH in same hallway. I dont think ive seen a single piece of armor off him. Just that crummy Totem and a couple shields.
  3. Waldagar Augur

Other than the medallion named, do all the T1 named have an equal chance to drop any T1 visible armor slot or do only certain visible slots drop off of certain named or only certain pieces in certain T1 zones? My visible drops in OT have been limited to wrists, hands, and legs.
  4. Natal Augur

I have killed about half a dozen OT nameds so far, some multiple times, and have gotten a grand total of one visible armor piece and two spells. For the most part it seems that making the tradeskill armor is a far more practical route for gear than nameds are.
  5. Jalelorf Augur

I find 75% incorrect. You may want to triple check your numbers. The drop rate of T1 visible armor is closer to 25%. I think you have your drop rate numbers backwards. I've killed lots of named in OT and Skyfire with very few visible drops.

Earrings, belts, cloaks, weapons and shoulders are dropping 75% of the time if that's what you are referring.
  6. Losttomes New Member

Is there anything to be done about the T2 drop rate? Or is it to remain this supposed 20% chance.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hit up VP yo. Place is a loot piñata.
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

TREASURE_TABLE
    TREASURE_TYPETREASURE_CLASS_DESCRIPTIONPLAT_FREQUENCYPLAT_DIE_SIZEPLAT_NUM_DICEGOLD_FREQUENCYGOLD_DIE_SIZEGOLD_NUM_DICESILVER_FREQUENCYSILVER_DIE_SIZESILVER_NUM_DICECOPPER_FREQUENCYCOPPER_DIE_SIZECOPPER_NUM_DICEITEM_FREQUENCYITEM_DIE_SIZEITEM_NUM_DICEITEM_LIST_IDTARGET_LEVELLEVEL_VALUE
    12052 SKU25_Loot_Visible_Armor_T1 - 75% 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 75 1 1 12052 0

I still plan to keep the T2 at 20% for now.
  9. Losttomes New Member

Would love to, If they plan on scaling back the Skyfire End of Empire mission lol. As it stands just a tick to difficult for me, But thats a whole different thread :mad:
  10. Tucoh Augur

I don't want to derail and don't know your particular situation, but the mission is a lot easier than it seems once you get good at executing it and especially using (abusing) the NPCs in it.

Check out https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tucos-setup-critique-welcome.240258/page-6 for a bunch of ideas on how to defeat it.
  11. Natal Augur

Not even remotely close to 75% for me. More like 12%. Granted, its a small sample size, but still. I would have expected more by now, and certainly spell drops have been disappointing as well considering how many I need.

Looking at the magelo database, there is not a lot of data for nameds there yet, but the iron golem does have 21 data points, by far the largest for any of the nameds. Four armor pieces are reported dropped from him, which is a drop rate of ~20%. And only one spell.

https://eq.magelo.com/npc/467435
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

My jboots are slower.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  13. Khat_Nip Meow

You do realize that just because something has a 75% chance of dropping means you could still see a grand total of 0 after 100 kills, yeah?
    It's the exact same reason you might see 100 drop in 100 kills.
    Or 50, or any other arbitrary number.
    Slippry likes this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

I have killed iron golem probably a dozen times so far (seems to always be up) and have received a spell all but once. So...
  15. Corak Elder

Ngreth, thank you for confirming the current drop rates. The hunt towards T2 RoS group gear is essentially the point of the game for players like me at this point in time, so it is good to know there is some rational drop rate and good to know what to expect.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You do realize that if everybody is seeing the same abysmal drop rate, there's probably something else somewhere interfering with the supposed 75%, right?

Sorry, but to me, it sounds like it's not working right. Not one person has posted about seeing a better drop rate. It could be that nobody who's seen a good drop rate has posted. But the magelo data posted above backs up the bad drop rate.

In your example, the 0 for 100 with a 75% base chance is ~1 in 10^40. Not bloody likely. 100 in 100 is ~1 in 10^9. 50 in 100 is much more likely. 75 in 100 would be the most likely. It's a bell curve. If everyone reporting is seeing something to an extreme end (the same end) of the bell curve, it starts to look suspicious.

We can see the Ngreth has checked the seed value. But there have been other cases where some other code interfered with the seed value. It's possible.
  17. Tucoh Augur

I'm seeing a better drop rate in T1 zones, but it's a pretty small sample size.
  18. Gialana Augur

The 75% has only been since the last full patch, even though the patch notes don't call it out. The drop rate for T1 visibles was at 20% at expansion launch. If your drop rate after the last patch is still low, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

Before the patch, I killed around 7 named in T1 and saw 1 visible. Since the patch, I've killed 4 or 5 T1 named. Most or all of them dropped a visible piece. So yes, these are small sample sizes, but the drop rate for my group has been much better since the last patch. Coincidentally, I saw more spells before the patch than I have since.
  19. Kelset Elder

Not a developer but curious why the PLAT_FREQUENCY value is a percent while ITEM_FREQUENCY is an integer.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

They are all integers. The -75% is still part of the "TREASURE_CLASS_DESCRIPTION" field, which is an internal use description to help, like a comment in code. It helps give English language descriptions to what is essentially a string of numbers. The game itself never even sees that field. We use a tool that takes the DB and converts it to the file that the server (or client depending on the table) uses, and the description field is not even exported.
    In the case above the PLAT_FREQUENCY is 0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.