Ros visable drop rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by redline, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redline Lorekeeper

Is it possijble the drop rate is a little to low? After 5 hours of farming in skyfire killing 3 to 4 placeholders getting 4 named in those 5 hours and not a single viable armor piece is pretty disapointing..
    UncleUms likes this.
  2. UncleUms Journeyman

Agreed, my wife and I spent over 8 hours in Skyfire killing 3 PHs and popped several named. In 8 hours we got ONE wrist item.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

By comparison, yesterday was cleaning up some hunters. Two hours killing dracnids in Lceanium. 3 named kills, got a chest, a hat and a wrist.
  4. S33k3r Augur

I've done about 4 hours in T2 zones since the patch and killed 5 named which dropped one facet. It's too small a sample to judge yet.
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

I was in a group that marathon played RoS progression all the way to Veeshan's Peak flagging. While we were mostly about progression, stopping to spawn or kill named mobs happened a lot.
    I can safely say very little gear (or RKII spells) dropped from all the names we killed in about 160 hours of play.
    -R
  6. Gialana Augur

On the "live update bugs 12/19/17" thread, Ngreth said (near the bottom of page 10) that visible drops from named in RoS have a 50% drop chance in T1 and 20% drop chance in T2. I thought it was in the same thread, but maybe it's in another since I can't find it in the bug thread, that Ngreth made a correction that the 50% for T1 was what was currently in the database, but it was 20% on live. There was also mention of increasing the drop chance to 75%. So unless someone changed the database to make T1 named drop 20%, they should now drop on average at least 50% of the time since the last patch.
  7. fransisco Augur

And there was no patch note stating the change.

I've actually seen a FAR higher drop rate in t2 visibles. I've killed ~16 t1 named and seen 2 armor pieces.
    RoS is more and more starting to feel like EA games made it. Designed to make players spend huge amounts of time for tiny chances at anything
  8. Bigstomp Augur

It seems they drop fairly often for me. Of course that could be because it's the piece that always rots in groups and we spend a little time being sure nobody actually wants it.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yes, because if you go back to 1999... loot dropped like candy in Everquest.
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Gialana Augur

That's right. I meant to mention in my post that there weren't any patch notes. However, I think they woul d have had to manually change the drop chance back to 20% or lower for it not to have increased in the patch. Perhaps they did that or did some other reversion that unexpectedly changed the drop chance for T1 named. I'd love to hear from a dev on this.

I've only killed one named in RoS since the patch, and it dropped a facet. However, a single data point is fairly useless in determining if the drop chance has changed.
  11. Losttomes New Member

Yesterday I spent all day in Howling. 9 Embalming Goo named 4 Sentinel, and not a single armor drop. I understand not giving it away but the current drop rate is horrible. Is it Daybreaks plan to just keep us busy in this hollow tiny expansion by making us spend 8 months to gear a group?
  12. Tucoh Augur

How many of the ToT healing maces did you get off the 9x Embalming Goo? I've been farming him for a while and haven't gotten a mace yet.
  13. Tucoh Augur

tldr: my visibles are lagging WAY behind my non-visible gear.

So I run 8 different characters on six accounts, the B-string characters are a ranger/beastlord that replace a cleric/mage (turning the group from a well-rounded and really tough party into a very focused, high risk high reward glass cannon party). I manage their gear upgrades through a spreadsheet table, shown below:
    [IMG]
    eok: Means they have an EoK item (most likely T2).
    t1: Means it's from the T1 zones in RoS
    t2: Means it's from the T2 zones in RoS
    Yellow highlighting means I haven't equipped the item yet. Most of the time that is because I just haven't bothered to do it since looting it (my poor mage has an inventory full of gear upgrades because it's been camped in the middle of VP for two weeks now). In the case of armor upgrades, a yellow T2 means that toon hasn't gotten a T1 piece yet.
    Green highlighting means the item is a Best in Slot type item for that class. Ex: The bard has a boon of the Seeress belt, the warrior has a magnetic neck hoop necklace.

Other than VP keys, I haven't gotten to the phase of truly farming gear yet, thus the above table is a fairly natural sampling of the drop rates from a consistent group of players naturally progressing through the expansion. I've done progression fully on the A-team, and just finished pre-VP progression on the B-team. I've done hunter on the A-Team everywhere except VP.

As you can see from this chart, my visible pieces are sparse for Arms, Head, Legs and Feet. And my non-visibles are pretty complete in all slots. The most egregious statistical anomaly has been arms, where I have gotten 6x T2 Arms, and got my first T1 arms yesterday!

I did a lot of playing before the last patch where T1 visibles drop rate was increased, and noticed the drop rate was better. If I started fresh it might catch up to the non-visible drops I've gotten, who knows.

There is allegedly specific mobs that drop specific pieces, but the data sources generally disagree on who, and my T1 arms didn't come from any of the listed mobs (a scree-born magmite in SF).
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=129080
    https://eq.magelo.com/item/151855
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=151855

The only recommendation I'd make to Ngreth in the future is that a 50% drop rate is probably OK, but try putting one NPC per visible slot that drops the gear as their common drop. I wish there was a good way for me to farm T1 Arms, but right now it's looking like most of my crew will be wearing EoK arms with a T2 piece in their inventory going into the next expansion.
  14. fransisco Augur

It seems to me that not all named have an equal chance of dropping amor or of spawning.
    Dekar in howling stones, you can go FOREVER without her spawning. 7 kills and 1 armor drop (and finally 1 earing!).
    In OT, some named like banshee and the named cat seem to spawn alot more frequently than the iron golem or the myrmadon.
    Also, it might just be me, but some armor peices are alot more common.
    I've seen 3 BPs drop now, and just a single bracer! I'd love to see the reverse lol.
  15. tnot Elder

IMO T2 visible so should be 50%, too. T1 drop rate seems fine but Im rotting out so many of the non-visible slots in T1 already.

Also, requiring T1 + EOK T2 to get to RoS T2? Blah... I've got a full set of RoS T1 already and I'm not even wearing any of it. Too easy and cheap to don Conflagrant and call it a day, messes up the incentive to play imo .
  16. fransisco Augur

You do have a point.
    Its very tempting to just equip tradeskill gear which is T1.5 and call it good.
    I had a t2 bracer sit in my enchanters bag for over a month cause I NEVER saw a t1 bracer drop (only seen one ever now).
    This enforced farming of lower content zones just ruins the game.
  17. Tucoh Augur

I really hope you were just unlucky. I've incidentally killed Deka a few times and only got the ring, but am about to farm it for the earring for 2 characters
  18. chaoz_sk Journeyman

19. fransisco Augur

ya, I put in close to 20 hours on Deka for a single earing. 1-2 spells, 1 armor drop. Mostly just rings....
  20. Tucoh Augur

I think EM18 from EoK might just have to be good enough for Tucocat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.